Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    I too picked up the Black Cowl from the human/zombie female boss. Only three star equipment I've picked up as a drop, but I have had some three star material drops from bosses.

Thank you, good sir. It does look like all is well. I completed the last curreny available VI quest and got a message introducing upcoming content, including Cyan. Guess it's time to grind out some levels and better abilities in preparation for future content and the elite dungeons.

2. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    So is this essentially a single player game that requires internet connection? I was hoping for something social related, like clans or something.

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yeah, this is single player. The Japanese version added a feature a couple of months back that lets you bring friends' characters into battle as an assist, but it's pretty much exactly in the vein of Puzzle & Dragons and its spawn.

If you're hoping for Clash Of Clans Final Fantasy, well, hang in there. CoC is getting marketed hard in Japan right now, Boom Beach has been doing well, so it's only a matter of time before SE decides to follow suit. It's all they seem to know how to do these days. ;)

4. Lelqtian

Lelqtian Active Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Seems fun so far. Wish there were fewer loading screens and loading times, seems strange that a game that has been out for some time in Japan, and wasn't there a soft launch in some places as well? would have such a buggy release. Not to mention it hang up on me a couple of times or insisted I was not connected, even though I was. Hopefully, an update will be out soon to iron at least some of the bugs out.

I'm currently very interested if 3 star or better equipment drop outside of the prize wheel. If they are, I might reconsider farming something else than the easiest daily dungeon (If I get to a decent level, I might move to the middle difficulty, but right now I get KO very fast). Also pondering if it's worth it upgrading 3 star equipment, seems gold intensive.

5. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yes, higher level enemies can drop three or four star items sometimes. It's very rare, though. It's worth upgrading 3 star equipment if you haven't gotten your hands on any natural 4 star stuff, but it's always going to be weaker than the real stuff.

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #146 kenken11, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Opened a few relics. 1x 3stars weapon, 2x 3stars and 1x 4 stars armor.

So far no 5 stars yet and the cloud sword :(

7. shiris

shiris Active Member

Jan 12, 2012
    NEET
    Does anyone know what are the better characters I should be using?

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Hey Shaun, how many characters are thereIn this? In the guide I think it only says like 10.

Also how many stages have you come across roughly?

9. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    In the current version of the English release, there are just 11 characters. In the current version of the Japanese release... I want to say 50 or more? I have 42 personally, but I missed some at the beginning, I think. It looks like there are 21 regular stages plus their Elite versions in the current English build. Can't count the Japanese version now but let's say probably almost a hundred by now, plus Elite versions.

10. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    #150 kenken11, Mar 27, 2015
    The current stages is too less. Finish in a day as a free user lol. So easy? Oh ya, elites!

Attached Files:

11. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Dear Shaun, any tips on which character is good till late game? Cloud, tidus?

Also, which map is a must grind for some orbs or stuff? Any tips?

Thanks.

12. Keth

Keth New Member

Mar 6, 2015
    For those of you who have finished the main story levels, is there a way to continue earning mythril or once you are done beating the levels for the first time you can't earn any more?

13. MrJayden

MrJayden Active Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Singapore
    What are the orbs for again? Or whatever those circular things are that drop in battles.

14. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Cloud has great strength, so I've kept him the whole way. Rydia is a very strong caster, so she's a keeper, too. Tidus is fast, and probably the best of the current lot as far as speed is concerned, but you may want to bring Kain instead for the cover his Jump provides.

15. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Orbs are for crafting new abilities in the party menu.

16. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Ways to earn Mythril:

- Clearing each story dungeon for the first time
    - As a login bonus every fifth day
    - Clearing each event dungeon for the first time
    - As occasional special presents in your mailbox

Right now, because there are so few stages and not many events, it probably seems very scarce, but once things get rolling, you'll find you'll usually have some on hand. Don't sweat it too much if you can't get your hands on 5-star gear right now. It really only starts to matter when you're doing the really hard stages later on.

17. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    I just cleared the classic dungeons..... A bit disappointed on the initial contents. And quite disappointed that I get a generic bard character in the FF6 part.

18. Keth

Keth New Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Thanks Shaun. :)

19. Nyambe

Nyambe Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    #159 Nyambe, Mar 27, 2015
    So all the good comments aside. I just finished all the current story. I'm wondering how much in terms of content with abilities there is, because right now it's pretty meager for an entire game.

Ps: loved the nostalgia.

20. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    #160 Laire, Mar 27, 2015
    This is another example where the Japanese release is months ahead of where the English version is - and will probably remain that way indefinitely. (It's easier to maintain an alternate version when all you need to do is repeat what was done in the past.) This also means you can "predict" what worlds and characters should be unlocked next because it's already happened.

The Japanese version apparently has 50+ characters (with at least three from every game with the logical exception of the FIRST one). I'd imagine it probably started with only five characters (plus Tyro plus the five generic character classes) like this version did.

There's probably a list out there that shows the order in which the characters and stages were added in the Japanese release.

I'd imagine weapons and abilities are similarly limited right now. They'll get more money if they launch the game with the "starting" rare weapons and skills and then add superior ones in the months to come. As long as that equipment isn't REQUIRED to advance, I'm fine with that.