Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    Well, I did it. I finally killed that stupid dinosaur and got Squall's crystal. I feel like it shouldn't have been that hard (my party is lvl 56, 50, 45, 47, 50, and I have a bunch of 5 star gear) but man, he hits hard! In my winning attempt, I ended up having 2 people equipped with Dark Attack, 1 with Dark Buster, and 1 with Slow, and my RW was Sephiroth with a blinding attack. I just did my best to keep him blind and slow the entire battle, and heal whenever people got hit, and just squeaked by (with only 3 people still alive).

Is it just me or was that boss way harder than previous ones, considering how relatively early it was in the challenge? I struggled with the final bosses of the last two events in Elite mode as well, but they were... the final bosses, not midway through. Anyway, glad I got Squall's crystal. :) Less glad that I did a 50 mithril pull and got zero 5 star items :( I was hoping for a gunblade!

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Did 4 pulls and
    [​IMG]
    My friend id is ereE... Almost full though..

About that dino, he's way harder when he appeared on rinoa's challange event, and really hard to master...

3. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Is there any way to unfollow someone? I followed some people early on that I'm regretting now, because their soul breaks aren't that great but they keep appearing as an option.

4. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Yeah, just click on their warrior details, and then click unfollow~

5. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    Something that hasn't come up yet but will, I think, is that there's also a maximum number of people following you. I have 100 followers already, what happens if a friend of mine starts playing and would like to follow me? I can't force a stranger to unfollow me to open up a slot.

6. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Change your RW to lvl 1 knight and people will start unfollowing you

7. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Added.

8. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Grats on the pull! I unloaded on this banner too (11 pulls and counting) but nada. I'm now over 20 pulls with no 5 star which puts me in the unlucky top 10%! Wahoo! So it goes sometimes though :- ) Trying to decide if I keep going or if I just save up for the next banner I like (probably Lightnings banner in a month or so).

9. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Thanks!!
    This banner contains all the nice things!! The best ones are the pin and Edincoat bangle.. but golden armlet, fullmetal staff, and OWA are pretty solid pulls too!! I think I'll spend more mythrils on this banner :)
    Lightning banner is quite nice with Blazefire saber and sazh gun is super nice! But i didn't know what the rest of the relic in that banner...

10. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Bah. Got some more mythril from the latest event... and another 3 pull with nothing. Up to 25+ pulls with no 5 star. Even though it's a gamblers fallacy I can't help but feel like I'm due soon! Hahahaha. And that's how this system works :- ) And why I won't spend a penny past the $4.95 I did to support the game as I like it.

Let's see if I can crack the top 5% of unlucky streaks (right now sitting at 6.5% chance of not getting a 5 star in my number of pulls... another 3 pull with nothing will bring me to 4.7%)

11. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Follow THEM first.

If they follow you afterwards, your "mutual follower" status will bump one of the people out of your list, and replace them with the new mutual follower friend, even if you're already at 100 followers.

And Balthier comes tonight (along with another batch of Classic Dungeon Mythril that should bring me over the 400 mark). No rest for the weary. :)

12. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    400 mythril? Wow! You sir have some good self control. What are you saving up for?

13. ElPumo

ElPumo Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Author
    Harrisburg, PA
    Lightning is finally coming? YES!!! Finally got Squall's soul crystal. Was easier to get Seph's. Didn't have any luck on the latest banner pull. Guess I will save up for Lighting's.

14. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I think this next event is Balthiers event... not lightning. Lightning is about a month away (unless DeNa mixes things up which they have been doing lately)

15. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    At this point, I don't know anymore. :p It's kinda turned into "collecting for collection's sake."

If things go as planned I'll hold onto the reserves until these so-called "Super Soulbreak" weapons start appearing (which give the character a permanent stat boost in addition to better SBs than what we have today).

More likely I'll just get fed up one day, blow through all of them, and have eighty-eight 3* Relics to show for it. :D

16. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Hope the best for your draws!! I've been hit by a dry spell after receiving that pin.... :(

17. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Argh, do those crystal events come back? Missed getting Squall's due to ending up in the hospital with a burst appendix, so I wasn't able to beat that bloody dinosaur in time.

18. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Sorry to hear about that but glad you are doing better. Memory crystals do come around again. Might take a while though.

And I am now up to 30 pulls without a 5 star. Sigh.... At least I have combined a lot of 3 and 4 star stuff now!

19. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    I can wait, but it is good to know they do come back.

20. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Thanks for this tip!! My friends who just played can follow me now!