Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010

Thank you!

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #1402 chaos_envoys, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    @falcon815 when you feel that your luck is bad, watch this

It should be noted that, this game doesn't reward paying players that much too.. And in japan, there are people with 4stars only doing that hard quest, and cleared it.. Even someone beat that red dragon with only 4* equip..

3. DarkCecil

DarkCecil Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Have you already maxed out all you can to lvl 65? That will make a huge difference. What about the record materia? Plus this game will have a power creep. I'm sure there will be a few elites I may not touch for a while until my teams are stronger, but I plan on beating them all without sinking $$ to do so

4. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Whats power creep? Done a little searching, but it seems like a bad thing...

5. DarkCecil

Jun 7, 2015
    Basically the game will have to keep introducing harder to complete content to keep players interested. With that will come better equipment and abilities. So down the road, a lvl 90 elite shouldn't be as hard to complete since everybody will have stronger teams by then, and there will be newer even harder elites to try and finsh at that point :) It'll be a never ending cycle that fills the pockets of the game developer

6. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    But.. There are no way new player can catch up to us then.....

7. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    While that's correct, I'd argue it's more because of what they've already missed.

A new player has already lost the chance to go through the first event (where you could grind for guaranteed 3*+ Summon Orbs), Flanfest, all sorts of free equipment/skills/accessories/mythril from other events, the Festival of Gold and its Zantetsuken, etc.

Power Creep is better represented by new gear making old stuff obsolete. Like that free Zantetsuken that everyone got. At 5*, Level 20, it's 104 Attack. A decent number, but one of the weakest 5* swords. It has no alternate Soul Break, and its chance to KO hardly ever kicks in (except when you're confused!). Unless you're in a FFVI level, almost any other 5* sword is better.

Another example of Power Creep is the Buster Sword. An iconic weapon of Cloud's, and it's already "yesterday's garbage." The Hardedge has four more Attack, and a Soul Break that hits just as hard but also includes a chance to Paralyze. In terms of in-game strength, there's zero reason to use the Buster Sword over the Hardedge.

8. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    If you got them though... the game's RNG chance to get them is too low, so getting a buster sword is lucky enough.. in reddit, even jp players have so few of 5*s...

9. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    True. Unless you spend a small fortune on the game, there aren't too many people who are going to have the Buster Sword and Hardedge at the same time - and even if they do, they can just let someone like Cecil or Squall "borrow" the Buster Sword for better damage.

If you draw for 5* Relics today, your odds of getting a 5* item aren't that much better than launch (although they are better than they were two months ago). IF they draw a 5* item, however, it's more likely to be in the "slightly better" category.

The first six weeks were full of Judgment Staves, Regal Gowns and Genji Shields ...

10. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #1410 chaos_envoys, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    I don't think it's small at all.... For a relic draw, you need $3, for 10+1, you need $30, and even after spending $30, you're still against the odds of getting the thing that you want, just like the video I post above...

So we can say,
    He is...
    Betrayed...
    YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH

11. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    But at the same time, they've already given us at least 450 free Mythril, which translates to 99 relic draws if you collected all of it and used it all on draws.

So that means a person with average luck could have 9-10 natural 5* relics at this point. For free.

And this version of the game hasn't even been available for three months yet.

It could be worse.

12. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Just got rekt by elite black waltz

13. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I don't think it is THAT hard to get decent 5* equipment...

I have spent about $10 on the game total since I started (mostly on the $1 discount pulls for new banners), and have not had as good of success as many, but I have:
    1-7*++ (Zantetsuken)
    7-5* (only character-specific is Josef's suicide glove)
    7-5* +
    6-5* ++ (several of these came from events)

Keep in mind I almost never upgrade my inventory, but spend all mythril on relic pulls. I have also only done single relic pulls and no 11 pulls (so I am not efficient). I also don't save them for specific banners, but use the best of what is available.

So far I have cleared all content except a couple event hardest ones (like the boss rushes), and even those I could have cleared if I wanted to VIT0, or a S/L a ton.

14. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #1414 chaos_envoys, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    2 3x relic pulls, and i got 5* black robe and blitz sword~ pretty lucky i guess~ lesser trance fira usable by everyone FTW

The second pulls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    As an unabashed FFVIII nerd, this is the event I've been waiting for. Squall! Irvine's a nice bonus, but Squall! I did the 100 gem rare relic pull:

[​IMG]

Did they increase the odds on this one, or has RNGesus finally blessed me?

16. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Nice one!! You're loved by RNGesus!!

17. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    when I saw the 4 floating rainbow balls, I'm so exciting and feeling i'm the lucky guy, but when I saw they only gimme duplicated items, I'm kinda piss off :(

Attached Files:

18. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Wow congrats!! Fujin chakram is quite good, and throwing weapon for mages is good too.. And 5* is still 5*, and it's better than only 4*...

19. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Archeosaur elite is driving me crazy can't even use my ability before he's killing my party in one shot and I've got a high level party. Any tips would help squall is my fav character and I'm determined to get the crystal I already have him level 46

20. DarkCecil

Jun 7, 2015
    Intimidate him first