Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really want Final Fantasy 8 in here. My first two games were 7 and 8. Seems no one likes 8 but that's definitely one of my favorites.

Also 12 / Tactics I'm anticipating. I love the world, speech, and lore of those games.

2. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I thought the first disc of FFVIII was excellent but it kinda went eh after that, imo. I totally agree with Tactics, though!!

Record Keeper is def pretty cool. I love the fact that they use the soundtracks for each game. I also like that they give ya Cloud right away. I figured he was gonna be a character ya hadda spend a buncha in-game currency on in order to get.

As for the Buster Sword... that event doesn't actually start until March 31st right? If so, I think I'm gonna save up all the mythril I can hoard before the event and use it all on that.

3. shadowrift

shadowrift New Member

Mar 27, 2015
    The event is going on right now, and ends on the 31st. Thus, no reason to save up Mithril (unless you're going for a 50 pull)

4. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    oh crap lol k. Thanks for clarifying. I misread the event description. Brainfart.

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    No I agree it does fill at a reasonable pace, great for when I am at work and just need a quick distraction. When I am at home though and want a longer session, it doesnt quite fill the need.

6. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Difficulty level?

I am going to attempt a few of the low level elite dungeons. Been playing some time today and have a party of level 14s. Is the difficulty the minimum recommended character level or some arbitrary number to compare the levels? The lowest elite difficulty is level 14. Loving this game. managed to loot a 3 star item off a boss and pulled a 4 star from the relic pull. No buster sword yet.

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    You're definitely not the only lover of 8.

I was just about the right age to appreciate it when it launched, more so than 7. I just absolutely loved the secrets, capturing rare GFs (which sounds like a totally different kind of game!) and exploring every nook with my Chocobo. It doesn't hurt that Tetra Master/Triple Triad is easily one of the best minigames to ever exist. So many little features too that I appreciated, like junctions, the skill set system and Ragnarok was gorgeous!

It was let down a little by overly broody main characters and living in the shadow of 7. 9 was the same, fantastic game that doesn't get enough love imo.

OT: I mean this utterly seriously. Can we play as/collect Cid Fabool as an Oglop? My life will be complete with that and that alone.

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I love this game, so many memories, but... Where is Zack from CC and Class 0 from type 0!? At least a few from class 0 :)

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    They should be joining at a later date, according to the producer from Square Enix.

10. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    YES!!! Must have zack

11. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Buster sword event is definitely live - I just pulled one and had a nostalgia bomb fueled mini-freak out. Really enjoying my time with this so far!

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    With such gorgeousness throughout this game, that's the best icon they could come up with??

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I was wondering about that! So bosses CAN drop good loot eh?

Ive got 3 relics, and 3 stars each time :(

14. Nycteris

Nycteris Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    So far my favorite part is the music.

15. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Boss loot

Well I can confirm they drop at least 3 star loot. Got a 3 star black hood(IV), from the boss woman that turns undead and switches back(forgot her name). The chest itself was different than the others. It was silver. As soon as I saw it I was like "WOAH". Ive grinded plenty of bosses today maybe a little over 25? one 3 star item so they seem to be rare. Has anyone gotten 4 or 5 stars via bosses?

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #136 Zeillusion, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Loving the game! I know they're different equipment rarity but how about characters? I was looking at the stats but it appears some are better than others. Although there aren't any star ratings for them?

So if no rarity than do you just get all the characters as you go? I love how you can mix and match spells.

Crafting abilities is awesome as well. Recently quit dungeon hunter 5 so maybe I'll spent my time on this!

17. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    Nice game so far!

Wish they have more than 1 party preset so that i don't have to change members everytime i switch FFs

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #138 L.Lawliet, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    I kind of have to agree... the icon is pretty lackluster. Even "Record Keeper" words are blurred.

I loved all the mechanics of FF8. Even the junction to make some crazy builds. And I'm still hoping that there will be a premium SQE App for Triple Triad. The fan made ones aren't all that great. However knowing SQE if they ever made one it'd be a freemium game where you can merge cards together to change stats :S

Also, FF8 had one of the best soundtracks ever. It really felt to me like a matured version of 7. It's just unfortunate that 7 had so much success people wanted something even more revolutionary. I can understand why the characters can be such a drag but I still loved them over the course of 80+ hours :) Even now, they're way more memorable to me than the characters from the newest series. Zell's HOT DOGS. WHERE?

19. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The funny thing is that in the Japanese icon, it's Cloud, Terra, and Cecil. Square Enix really thinks people love Lightning, I guess.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I like her actually. Though not as much as some of the others. I think she's pretty cool especially being the only female lead character. It's unfortunate 13 was not well received but the later Lightning games were actually quite good and the graphics are pretty stellar.