Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Two farming events at once?

Jeeze these guys are ridiculously incompetent.

2. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1222 eflin, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Yeah... it's silly too since most of the coming events are challenge types... they should have swapped the next one (Locke I believe) with Vanille to prevent this...

Over on reddit... people did the math and you need 2 full days of playing on heroic to get thundaja from vanille event... but a very small % of people will likely be able to farm Heroic as there is very little realm synergy available...

It will take 4.5 days (and little sleep) to farm up thundaja on the 2nd highest difficulty. So personally I'll be stopping the Lenna event a day early to give me time to finish off the Vanille event and sleep with no worries... as Lenna ends on 5/30 and Vanille apparently ends on 06/05.

Good luck all!

3. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Between the new event and the re-up of 10 free mythril for logging in, I'll be back up to 150 soon. Should I give another crack at the Tyro/Cyan relic draw, or just hoard up for another (better?) event later?

4. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    #1224 Laire, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Nah. This is deliberate. They KNOW there are enough "whales" out there who HAVE to beat every event no matter the cost. And they'll spend a small fortune in Mythril and Gems to stay ahead of the game on both fronts.

Likewise, one could say it's ridiculous that they're releasing an event with the same "flaw" that Rinoa's did - there isn't ONE PIECE of equipment out there with XIII Synergy. But does this mean people will draw like there's no tomorrow to try to get one of the three or four pieces of equipment released tonight that WILL have FF13 Synergy? You better believe it.

Really, though, what are you going to do with that 5* White Orb? Learn HOLY? Please. Any single-target spell that only hits once isn't worth twenty-two orbs in ANY situation, even if it did a guaranteed 9,999 every time.

I've been casual on the events and stuck to where the real strength lies - Power and Non-Elemental Orbs. Of course, the dungeons prefer to give me White and Holy orbs, so I'll have twelve uses of Curaga soon whether I want them or not. :)

------------------------------------

EDIT: Looks like I grossly overestimated Vanille's event - especially since they cut the requirements of getting the rewards in half compared to the Japanese version.

If you have a team with enough strength (and a decent amount of honing on your breaks and Double Cuts), you should be able to handle Hard difficulty, getting 6,000+ Memory Spheres per 56 Stamina used.

And since you only need 125,000 Memory Spheres for everything, playing through hard twice a day should be enough to reach Thundaja.

5. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yeah... them cutting the requirements for the Vanille event make this much more reasonable. Now I can farm Lenna event until it ends and still have plenty of time to fly through Vanille's event. I still played Vanille last night though so could get her and level her up while I slog through the Lenna event.

6. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Yey! Sounds like Locke next!

7. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Honestly, I'm not quite sure what the best way will be to approach this one.

With Locke, you'll have four characters with Synergy. But most of them are hybrid-types, and Cyan is largely considered the "lesser Sephiroth." Celes, Terra and (I assume) Locke can all use swords, but none of them have the health (or ability to wear heavy armor) needed to stand in the front row.

If I try to make an "FF6 Team with Special Guest Cloud," I may get torn apart by the fodder enemies along the way. :)

8. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm having trouble motivating myself to play. The last few weeks of just autobattling events has taken its toll apparently.

Think id need to see a level cap boost or something at this point.

9. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Played the event today.

What a joke. How lazily done was this? It's just recycled content thrown together with no rhyme or reason.

What does this have to do with Locke or the Phoenix stuff?

10. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    If we stay true to the Japanese schedule, we should be only about a week and change away from that. The level cap increased with the next set of dungeons.

I think it's loosely based on any of the sections that Locke would have typically been in your party in the original FF6 game.

While in one sense there's not too much new (other than the Red Dragon at the end of it all), it's at least a little more interesting than having to grind one single dungeon a zillion times. (Granted, the non-elite levels are tedious as hell.)

And the fact that each section only has three areas can make them somewhat challenging to Master. I one-shotted the Tunnel Armor without using either weakness; that was a mistake. :)

At the end of the day, it's just revisiting old levels once for new rewards. And then finding a 180,000 HP dragon at the end of it all who does stronger attacks the more you hurt him. That's fun. Oh, wait.

11. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010

Holy crap, how do we beat that final dragon? Was hoping to get pheonix but not if its that hard

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Well it fits with the theme. Rinoa's had a similar event of nonsense where everything was hunky dory then suddenly there's a giant nonsensical paywall.

I'll see if I can be bothered to get that far but it's hard to keep playing when fights go from mind numbingly boring to completely unbeatable. 180k hps is manageable if his stats aren't absurd too.

13. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    This game is really a snooze fest. I fall asleep grinding crap. Great source material but just plain lazy execution.

At least add passive abilities. 2 slots drives me nuts considering I have to deal with cheese difficulty.

AI can AOE and cause effects to my entire team yet I can't heal all. Hell, I can't even hit a critical without using a slot.

All this grind just to get a JPEG of a legendary item.

/rant. Back to grinding mithril. :D

14. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    It's pretty much a ridiculous dungeon, as you might expect. It's difficult to even do 1,000 damage a hit to the FODDER on the way to the boss.

And the more you hurt the dragon, the stronger its attacks get, evolving from "Fira" to things like "Flare Star" and "Southern Cross," both of which do massive fire damage to ALL targets.

You also LOSE three medals if you use any Ice Attacks against the Dragon, to add insult to injury for anyone actually trying to Master it. :p

Like most events, I keep my Elite goals rational. I'm hoping for the additional Hyper Wrist, Hero Ring and the Angel Wings that I never snagged from the Rinoa event. But Phoenix? Meh, it's not like I'll ever really waste the slot for a single-use "Firaga All + Raise" ability...

15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    According to maintenance schedule, big update dropping today/tonight

16. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    If it's levels I'll be a happier camper.

17. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1237 eflin, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Should be coming Sat (not today)... and it's a big update. It includes Record Materia, Level cap increase (for characters with record materia), Quests, Friend system, Battle speed (hurray!), and Dungeon info

I'm guessing we will also get the next batch of realms since many of the first record materias are in levels we don't have yet... so we likely are getting those with them. Should be a great update! Wonder what the relic banner will be like....

If it's like JP... we should get the following materias (so these are the character who can go past L50 too):
    Tyro, Cloud, Bard, Rydia, Black Mage, Ranger, Kain, White Mage, Wakka

More will be released steadily from there on out... so no worries if your fav character is not on that list... they will be eventually!

18. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Nice! That might be enough to revitalize the game! Especially battle speed!

Looking forward to level break and friends stuff too.

19. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah, it's nice that they've got "overlap" between the Friend system and this event. The new update should be up and running ( barring catastrophic tech failure :) ) Sunday morning, and we can go dragon hunting for at least two more days after that.

I won't have any TRULY epic Soul Breaks to offer, but I've got a bad case of Wakka Balls(TM) - being able to use Status Reels on demand (with its built in Armor Break and Mental Break) should be useful enough to add to your friend list.

20. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Better than me Laire! All I got is Kains weapon.... So a nice big 9000 or so shot is all I can offer... But I will get him to L65 ASAP :- ) so hopefully it will soon be a 9,999 shot.