Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I beat the vile peaks elite dude, but it was with retaliate cheese. Had like 27s left on doom.

I know what you mean though... The difficulty curve on this game is a joke. You can tell they're not really testing this stuff. Right after I beat that guy you were talking about I figured I'd do some heroic dailies for orbs.

Hahahaha what a stupid thought. You can't beat those yet without doing reset trick. It's clearly content meant for after we get another 10-15 levels under our belts, and as you said, had some synergy with. I managed to finish the 3 stages, and walked away with zero greater orbs just like when I mastered them last week. What an exercise is frustration.

2. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #1182 MasterEx, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Does anyone notice that after the bugfix update the game is playing alot smoother less loading times smoother transition just putting it out there
    ^_^Or just might be me

3. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    When you use one of the break abilities like power or magic break. Do these stay active for the duration of the fight or is it only for a certain amount of time? Is there any way to see if it is still in effect?

4. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    If a fight REQUIRES Retaliate Cheese, or it's one where the tactics are designed around "force close until the game decides not to hit you with AoE damage," there's something wrong.

---------

Greater Orbs clearly aren't intended to be farmed for right now (other that by fighting bosses on particular stages). They claim the odds of getting a Greater Orb in a Heroic Dungeon is 3-5% per orb drop.

I'm on the wrong side of that 5% because I spent all of yesterday farming for Non-Elemental Orbs, increased my overall 3* Orb count by close to 100, and didn't see ONE Greater Orb in all of that. :)

5. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I think they're only good for a couple turns (in a prolonged fight if I used Armor Break I'd notice increased damage the next two times a character's turn came up but it was gone by the third). "Breaks" always work, but there's no real visual indication that an enemy is still under Break status.

6. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Thanks, good to know!

7. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Breaks last a few turns ya.

I'm not arguing the retaliate/reset cheese thing. It's uber frustrating that content can only be beat with that. I don't expect them to ever balance this game well though so I wouldn't want them to take away what few tools we have to deal with the brokenness they release regularly.

8. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Breaks last a short period of time (not turns). If you act fast you can usually get two actions off for each person except the one who cast it. they usually only get one action before the timer is up.

And man... the last elite dungeons from these latest realms are brutal! I refuse to use the retaliate trick (even if intended it doesn't seem right)... but these guys just hit too freaking hard. I'm down to 6 of them remaining but not sure if I'll be able to do much w/o better relics or the higher level cap.

9. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I only used Retaliate for the Dino, and was finally able to Master it. I didn't do any of the ones after that one, since the rewards aren't worth the stress. I can easily beat it without retaliate with blind and blizzard abilities, but I could never get mastery.

On Reddit there is someone who beat the Dino and got mastery without retaliate with sleep, poison and blizzard/blizzara. I bet you can figure out how that would work.

10. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Dino is a joke compared to a lot of the newer content. It basically comes down to one thing: we can't heal fast enough to manage the absurd damage coming in. Trash mobs do aoe dmg or drop death/stone/etc status effects with alarming frequency, and two spell slots means you can't both heal/cure and do damage to bosses (especially if you want to be rounded enough to hope for mastery requirements)

It all basically comes down to the fact that lvl 50s can't handle the artificially inflated stats enemies have in the NA version. If you're not cheesing you're losing.

11. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1191 eflin, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Oh I beat the Dino already.... And yeah it was using a similar setup (I ised sleep, dark buster, venom attack, and bunch of ice attacks). I had to use the S/L trick though. Not a huuuge fan of that either... But it really is just helping to normalize RNG in a stamina based game... So it's ok to me.

I can't touch the levels after it though.... And I am having a hard time with the last few elites for the third wave of regular (not event) dungeons. Once the trash mobs get to the point they are outpacing my healing... That's when I am in trouble.... One boss I can handle... But wave after wave of crazy regular mobs I cannot. I mean the last elite dungeon for the third wave dungeons... one trash mob even casts L5 death which literally wipes my whole party....

12. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    That hits multiple targets? I'd only seen it used once and it only hit a single hero.

I suppose I should be grateful they didn't do it correctly - it's supposed to be a guaranteed kill on anyone with a level that's a multiple of 5, and in this game the Level Cap is ALWAYS a multiple of 5, even after they raise it!

----------

Wednesdays seem like the most tedious days right now. If you want to prepare for the future, you need Break abilities. If you want them, you need Power Orbs. The best drop rate for Power Orbs is on the third section of the dungeon, which means having to survive long enough to get there.

And EVERYTHING has AoE effects. If it's not pure damage (Tsunami, Venom Mist, Bio) it's Mass Confuse which is probably worse. Electricity is okay to use on everything other than the Imps.

Doesn't matter what you're equipped with, though. If RNG lets the enemies move first, you're probably eating 1,000 damage across the board. The 'friend' system can't come fast enough ... once people can borrow a Tyro Soul Break twice a dungeon, getting through these stages will be more realistic.

13. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    It's just annoying how poorly thought out some of the newer content is. Siefer is simply unbeatable without abusing the mythril respawn buffs, and even then he's ridiculously hard. No excuse for the huge buff in his stats compared to JP.

I love the nostalgia of this game but considering how it's run, I can see myself putting it down in disgust at some point, just like every other pay-to-win game this company has done. They're notorious for their blatant pay walls.

14. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Oh it only hits one person? The time I saw it I luckily had 4 people at 48/49 (was finishing them up) and one at L50... I assumed it worked how it does in FF games and hit everyone. That makes that one thing better... but the overall point is the same. The latest dungeons are freaking crazy without tons of 5* relics... or using cheese tactics... or lots of mythril. I'll just wait for my team to get stronger (record materia, friend system, and higher levels).

If you need L2 and L3 power orbs... forget the daily dungeon. Do the first stage of wind temple ELITE (not regular) over and over. JUST the first stage. You'll rack them up pretty fast and it's a super easy dungeon. I'm using a lower level team right now as we speak and getting plenty of power orbs and some EXP.

15. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Just ran Wind Shrine (V) 5 times. 3lessers and 2 regular power orbs. Drop rate seems too low to be worth the high stam cost imo. Daily Hard seems to be a better payoff without limiting you to just power orbs either.

16. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    That's a little lower than my typical yield for it... but I also just run it whenever I need the orbs (often not on Wend). I likely should switch over to the daily for today.

17. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Ok good to know thanks.

I'll stick to hard Wednesday... Heroic just isn't worth pulling my hair out because of resetting 10x

18. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Been saving mythril for quite some time. I did a 50 mythril pull as soon as I got to 50 back on April 10, and ended up with 10 3*s and a 4* item. (My only 5* item is a Falchion (VI) that I combined up from all the FFVI events.)

Now that I've saved up another 160, I think it's time to do another 50 mythril pull; I'm at a dead end on dungeons that I can actually finish (I'm at 92 stamina and 0 shards out of a maximum of, what, 100 and 2 shards?).

Here goes nothing...

Yikes. 8 3*s and 3 4*s - and two of the 4*s were the same thing (FFVI Crystal Shield). That definitely could have gone better. At least two of the 3*s were things I already had that I could beef up (Rune Blade, Bastard Sword):

3*

Orichalcum Dirk (FFV)
    Rune Blade (FFV)
    Ancient Sword (FFXII)
    Bastard Sword (FFVI)
    Flame Staff (FFXII)
    Black Belt Gi (FFIII)
    Knight Armor (FFIII)
    Silver Armlet (FFVII)

4*

Crystal Shield (FFVI)
    Crystal Shield (FFVI)
    Golden Shield (FFII)

19. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #1199 ImLegend, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    There are many how-to-master Dino elite posts but I only found this post is the simplest and easiest one to archive
    http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/35hy2m/trex_mastery_max_r2_skills_retaliate_way/cr4k410

actually I followed it and successfully archive in first try, lot of S/L on blind+poision on Dino tho

Other master Dino elite:
    http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/elite-t-rex-a-zephryl-guide/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/36ei7t/help_with_mastering_dino_elite_event/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/36hdzv/trex_mastered_2_abilities_4_gear_no_retaliate_vit/

Attached Files:

20. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yikes! That is bad RNG :( Sorry to hear that. I have gotten five native 5* from single pulls (too impatient to wait for 50). Unfortunately, only one is a character-specific one with SB, and it is the glove for Josef (which causes him to commit suicide, lol).