Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    +15 mag I think. A great accessory for your black Mage/summoner.

And yeah I am working on blind skills too. I have been told sleep works well too (but spam magic attacks while asleep as it doesn't wake him up)

2. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I managed to kill him with blind hitting only once, it can be done

3. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I take it the poison magic is very important in fighting Seifer. How hard is this on even the easiest of difficulty? My group of level 25+ struggles against it. I don't have much magic, only to poison just twice.

I'd love to get Rinoa. Hell I drew my first 5* item and it's Rinoa's weapon. :(

4. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    If you're just going for Rinoa... then your best bet is to level as much as you can and then do the event starting on Monday. Going from level 25 to 40ish will make a waaaay bigger difference than a specific skill and is very doable between now and Monday. Just the Sunday daily dungeon will give your squad a huge boost if you focus in on it.

So I'd say put the event on hold until Monday (it ends on the 22nd I believe) and you should still have plenty of time to blast through and get Rinoa. The elite levels will likely be too much though so don't waste the stamina. It's not like you need to anyway to get Rinoa.

And congrats on Rinoas weapon. I hear its great!

5. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Also looks like new dungeons tonight at 9:00 pm EST!

6. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #1166 Nils, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    The advice is to Blind the Dino...
    What ability blinds? I cant find the ability Blind!
    Could it be dark, for example Dark Buster or Dark?

7. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I believe dark blade is the only ability that blinds so far :/

It feels good to OHKO that Dino in VIII :D

8. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Just got the healing grimoire!!! And an extra regal gown too!!! Lucky day for me :)

9. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Dark Buster or Dark Attack are the two best options (pyshical skills I believe). Buster has a higher sucess rate so go with that if you can.

You also REALLY want to poison him. Given his large HP pool it ticks for a lot of damage and fast.

Congrats! That's great :- ) I'm saving my mythril for now but happy to see others getting the goods.

Side note... I actually got a 3 star from the daily pull! That was a nice surprise. I have gotten (3) 2 stars and endless 1 stars before this.

10. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    And another genji shield for me ;)

11. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Got about 100 mythril just saving. Want Tyro, Cloud, Tidus, or Summoner gear. Really have to level them up too :/

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Are snow and Gordon the only characters from this batch?

Want to do xp dungeon but willing to finish 13 and get another character if it sucks less than snow.

13. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Nope, there are also FFI (Warrior of Light) and FFIII (Luneth) characters in this update. I hear Luneth's defense is pretty boss, but don't know much about either one of them yet otherwise.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i have about 77 or 78 i think, and im just saving for a shot at the buster sword whenever its next relic event happens. :p

15. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Any JP players that can chime in on whether it's smart to save for power creep?

Atm The content is pretty easy, barring that last event nonsense, so no real reason to spend mythril unless the current gear is competitive.

16. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    The fear that future fights are going to be like The Vile Peaks 2 (FF XIII) Elite is what keeps me holding onto my Mythril.

It's a perfect example of a battle that most people aren't going to win without equipment synergy - and there IS none right now! 60 seconds to beat a foe that typically starts by using Shell, has somewhere around 80,000 HP, and is immune to every status ailment. Only big spenders or heavy event grinders would have a shot.

Eventually, FFVIII, FFX and FFXIII 3* and 4* equipment will become as common in the draws as FFIV, FFV and FFVI stuff is right now. And THAT'S when I'll draw again.

17. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yeah... that's one of the only levels I haven't done on elite. I already tried once... was crushing it too... then got to the boss and was like .... really? really? yeah.... okay.... Shelving this one for a while... not worth the stamina waste for one mythril.

Personally I'm holding my mythril for Clouds second weapon. Probably a month away but no biggy.

18. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, that one is rough. Probably want to use retaliate strategy, is my guess. I know some on Reddit have beat it with that, but I got wasted. I heard that if you jump as Kain it freezes his countdown timer, so you get a few extra hits in; worth trying if you have good equips and a high level on Kain.

After I got stuck on that one, I went back and started the other elites. I have finished them all but FFV so far. They are all much easier than that one.

19. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Uhhh what??

Does everyone else also get 2nd weapons?

I swear, here I am thinking I'm hot sh!t with a buster sword :(

20. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yup! Tyros just came out for example (sentinel grimoire)