Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^The Heroic daily just wrecked me. I completed it without losing anyone, but i was taking 5 turns to kill one enemy and each hit i take needs to be healed. LOL

I dont think this is possible to master without 5-star equips.

2. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    The weekend dailies would be the hardest, I think - there's no synergy for Sunday and Saturday is Core synergy (which really only helps if you plan to use Tyro).

Tuesday (based out of Final Fantasy VI) and Thursday (FFIV) would probably be the easiest to Master. A 4* piece of equipment with synergy is better than a 5* without.

Fortunately, if you're just "mythril hunting" all you need to do is survive to the end. And if you can survive even ONE segment you can grind for orbs/-ite/Gil/XP after that. Dungeon Mastery will wait - those levels aren't going anywhere.

----------

With 27 Medals between the three stages, you should be able to miss ... four and still get Mastery. Which means if you have enough power or Area of Effect to full medal ONE section, you can end up only getting two medals on actions taken and damage taken for the other areas and still squeak by.

Although it's scary that we have to plan around "how many medals can we afford to lose?" for most of us to have a chance at Dungeon Mastery. :)

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Im stoked about a heroic exp event but realistically will be hard to champ it with my B team let alone C team. My A team only has 3 5 star pieces and all the rest 4 star and was pretty tough. Required good rationing of spells. Needed more quakes.

4. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I thought Gordon is not release yet, how can you obtain him? Do I missed anything?

5. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I'd love to hone my Quake and Blade Blitz abilities but it requires more greater orbs than I have. Is there a mission where I can farm greater earth, dark and wind orbs?

6. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    My bad. I meant to say Josef. :) Given how long it took FF2 to appear in the states and the ability to rename them all from the very beginning, none of the "true" names for FF2/FF3 characters ever really stuck with me.

----------

At first glance, Sunday's Heroic Dungeon is too much effort for the XP:

* You have to Champion it for worthwhile experience (at least 8 medals).
    * Most enemies have AoE attacks that can do 1,000+ damage.
    * The Shield Dragon has high health and an attack that can Confuse.
    * Low-level heroes will have lower SPD, so your foes will get more attacks.
    * If you use a Level 50 hero with Bladeblitz/Quake/Dragon, you're just throwing XP away.

I'll stick with Hard on Auto-Battle. I may suffer the occasional fluke Death/Blaster KO, but apart from that it's a reliable 25-30K XP for 10 Stamina.

And, of course, "Flanfest" from Celes' event is still the best source of XP right now if you have the time and patience for the grind.

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #1127 Montanx, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Champ exp is 54k about. I can only get expert since they Dmg me too much and usually kill someone with an aoe. I skip/quake 2 sets but the third does the Dmg before I can kill it. Never made blade blitz.

8. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Man the elite rinoa is no joke. I'm like 2/3s through and champing the regular stages eats up a lot of my abilities.

This stuff you either need a fair amount of 5* gear or a LOT of honed abilities so you can fling out more area cleaning stuff on the trash mobs. Don't think I'm going the distance on these for Champ.

9. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Even with lv 50s and decent gear I'm getting hammered in the Rinoa elite stages :D

That raptor boss is destroying me with his ass

He is weak to ice and too much health if anyone doesn't know :D

10. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
  11. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    #1131 Cronk, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Hit the first paywall with raptor boss. 4 lvl 50s and a high 30s rinoa (duo'd flans with celes for fast level) just get stomped by that thing. Counter gnash and tail lash are just stupid.

So, what, the difficulty is based around reset trick and retaliate cheese?

Edit: and I got luckier than most with lvl 5 weps. Last 50 I soent got me buster sword and ice whip, so I'm dishing out MEGA dmg against this thing (8k with cloud limit and 5k ice slash and 10k with rydia limit). If I cant beat it in a dozen tries via reset trick then I don't see how normal players are supposed to without cheese or reset.

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Not sure I can beat him this time, but pretty sure it's possible with blind. Venom strike helps (rinoa) since poison ticks for like 2.3k on this thing. If I come back with blind that should do the trick.

It's got an absurd amount of hps tho. Like easily 3-4x more than anything else I've fought. I can't keep track but did over 100k and he didn't go down.

Blind plus some buffs might kill it, but holy crap getting to him even is ridiculous...

13. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I've not paid anything, I've pulled no 5* equipment from Mythril pulls, and this is where I'm stuck too. I've given up and gone back to FlanFest 2015. Trouble is, I'm not sure what the point is when all of my game-specific characters except Rinoa and Joseph are level 50, and Rinoa/Joseph/all the cores are level 25. If my troubles are going to be more equipment-based than level-based, maybe spending time crushing Flan wasn't really worth the effort.

On that note - any suggestions on what to do with hundreds of lesser wind orbs and over 100 3* Wind Orbs?

14. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I beat Dino with retaliate and no characters dieing, after getting Champion on every previous stage. Only got Expert and it kept me from getting Champion for the whole level... Ugh.

I used Cloud, Seph, Tidus, Aerith and Rinoa, all level 50 (thank you Flans!). Had to S/L a few times to get blind to land. Never landed poison.

I would do better if all my RS gear was fully leveled and a few more skills were hones... Next time gadget... Next time...

15. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yeah you need a seriously refined squad to handle the current event elite dungeons. The difficulty goes up to a 99 rating! I'm not even close so I'm just not worried about it (and I've cleared all content to date prior to this). I'll get through as many of them as I can... and hope to beat the rest next time it comes around.

16. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    These elite dungeons are a welcome addition, the fame until this event has been absurdly easy and was beginning to lose my interest. I don't consider the raptor a paywall, he just has to be beat with actual battle tactics, I am currently pleased with the game again :)

17. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Ya blind was the way to go. Once he was blinded it was ezmode. Only got expert for the Dino himself because of damage taken before the blind but got master overall thanks to retaliate on earlier stuff.

I don't see how you're supposed to do these missions without reset trick though. Forget the heavy aoe dmg... Some of these mobs cast a fairly reliable death ability, as well as the plethora of status debuff aoes.

There's just no way to have enough abilities to handle offense and defense on boss levels.

18. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Man this event has been both my favorite and least favorite so far. Least favorite in that I had to keep refreshing the first battle for flans.... thousands of times... and that each stage is only 4 stamina so it takes forever to empty out the stamina bar (would have loved it if costs and exp rewards were both doubled to cut the iterations by half).

Favorite event in that the rewards are not bad, I like Celes, and it has massively leveled my squads. Thanks to this event I now have (12) characters at level 50... working on another squad of 5 currently... and only 4 characters sub 40 (white mage, knight, warrior, and rinoa...)

Also very impressed some of you are beating the rinoa event elite dungeons. About half of them are not bad... but a couple of them are crazy hard! Good job! I too like the challenge and having something to strive for :- ) I just don't have enough honed abilities (and dislike the S/L trick as it feels like an exploit) to do it yet. I'll get through as many as I can though :- ) Tomorrow night I'll start on them in earnest! For now... back to flans!

19. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    How can I improve this team? Anyone to switch up and what skills should be crafted?

Attached Files:

20. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    You have a well rounded team. Just need better equipment. Combine 3*+ dupes when u can.

As for skills, I would....

Make 2x Cut for both Cloud and Seph and meteor for Rydia.

I would drop Tyro black spell and add another heal.

Hone jump for kain after you get 2x cuts