Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Augh... so many flans... yet I know I'm not going to stop grinding them...

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #1102 Montanx, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Flans dont do it for me. I go through sometimes 6-10 retreats before I see them, thats not efficient or fun. But other times ill see 5 in a row.

3. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Agreed... it is not fun to sift through... but I am doing it while doing other things so it's not as bad. I also don't have much else better to spend my stamina on... and doing this will let me stomp with my best group rather than constantly swap people around to level people up (right now I don't put any L50 people in my squads on purpose). That will be niiiiiiiiice (oh and record materia prep!)

4. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Sweet, finally pulled an FFVI weapon that Cyan can use - a Main Gauche (3*). Got that from the free draw today.

Sitting on 100 Mythril for now. Not sure when I should use it. For now, I've got so many FFVI characters and so much FFVI equipment that I'm plowing through both events with no issues, so I don't see the need to pull better equipment. Haven't finished all the Elite dungeons, but I'm at 73 stamina, so I've got most of them done... seems good enough for now.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Final Fantasy 6, my favorite in the franchise. I could sit around listening to the background music for this current events easy/medium/hard select screen all freakin day.

6. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Are you suggesting I manually manage trash mob battles?

Cause that's lame, when my party is so far above these things. It's a mobile game with autibattle as a major thing... I don't want to have to babysit my party during trash mob fights.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just the magitek armor guys. Or you can always spend over $9000 so you can equip everyone with 5-star stuff easy and set everyone on auto battle. :p

8. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I spent $0 and I can easily beat them on auto. The only way something bad can happen is if my magic user attacks first and screws everything up. Happened once but my team still handled it ok

9. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Is there a way to tell how many memory shards a run will yield by looking at the first encounter? I've had runs where I collected 2000 shards and runs with over 5000 shards. With be nice to know if a run is going to be worthwhile before spending stamina.

10. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Nope. They are not set orders. Each stage can have one of a couple options. The only thing you can do to optimize things is to keep resetting until you get a good multiplier mob on the first wave. Number 24 being the highest... followed by ifrit i think.

11. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    This is correct from what I've seen, assuming the apparent patterns are just observer bias.

Personally I don't see the point in testing it, since the rewards aren't worth the effort. The accessory is the only decent thing after celes, and it's not worth doing the extra 30 full runs or so imo. Ya it's a nice power boost, but power creep will probably make it fairly irrelevant before long.

Like today... I'd rather farm the ever-valuable power orbs. Speaking of which, does anyone know a reliable place to farm primarily lesser/regular power orbs, ie one better than Wednesday event? Or just stick to that?

12. Hirusan

Hirusan Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Photographer
    Japan
    Whelp. I just crafted my first six star item. I got three four star Sledgehammers from a 11 relic drop. I just finished combining the last two. It cost over 200000 coins and goes to level 25. Amazing. Thank goodness for gil grinding. Now to see how effective it is.

13. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Typically, an upgrade's only going to add another point or two of attack per level. If you're talking about a weapon/armor type that only a few people can use (like Hammers), combine away. But for more common equipment like Daggers and Swords, it might be better to NOT upgrade them fully, especially if they have synergy to help you in later dungeons/events.

Consider the Crystal Sword. Without being combined, it's only +65 ATK. Fully combined, it's +81 ATK. But if you leave several Crystal Swords uncombined and use them in a FF6 level, each one increases to +130 ATK. (A combined one would be higher with that world synergy, of course, but I'd rather have three characters with high attack instead of just one with higher.)

You can always see the "final" stats for a fully combined weapon on the official site - https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity%204_Sledgehammer%20%28XII%29 - which will help you decide if you feel it's worth combining them.

14. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Hmm. I see the character profiles for III (Luneth) and XIII (Snow) are up. Does that mean we're getting those new dungeons soon, or did they just upload those as a teaser?

15. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    #1115 Cronk, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Been wondering the same. I'm ready for another batch of content. Or event.

This last event makes it apparent how important it is to release a steady stream of content. If it dries up during a junk event like this one it can really slow things down.

Aaaaaand right after I type that I see the announcement for ff8 upcoming content lol

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Announcement is out. Seems Rinoa's next.

17. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Holy cow... The elite Riona event stages are bonkers! Don't think I will be beating them this time around...

18. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm still working on the norms ones. Man is it ever great to hear ff8 music again!

Also, is 78.6 max stamina atm? Just making sure I didn't miss anything.

19. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    A character and event from my fav FFVIII good stuff. So far breezing through see more summons have been added like Odin :)
    New character profiles are popping up leading me to think they are coming very soon snow has one, luneth, Gordon, warrior of light, and a few more.

20. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    They're still keeping the "formula" right in that it's easy to get the characters - I auto-battled my way through almost the entire Normal event using primarily a "Core" team.

The Elites will probably tear me apart, because of that whole lack-of-synergy thing. Almost like they want you to spend money on the new FF8 equipment that you can get now. Hmmmm. ;)

They've also added a new level of difficulty to the Daily Dungeon (Heroic). Three stages as usual, 15 Stamina per stage, +1 Mythril for your first time clear (even if you don't Master it).

Those are probably challenging even for people with a lot of high-end equipment. I went into yesterday's dungeon (a FFVII level) with Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Aerith and Gordon, equipped with lightning (abilities, not character) for damage bonuses, and still barely managed to squeak by. Area of Effect damage for up to 1,000 per character! Ranged damage aimed at Aerith for over 2,000 in a single blast! Good stuff.

Well, BAD stuff, but it's still nice to see a "Yeah, Auto Battle THIS" stage every now and again. :)