Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. RampageDeluxe

RampageDeluxe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I'm tempted to do an all Mage party, because they would be the best equipped lol.

Thanks, I wasn't digging the ball at first, but then I realized that I didn't level it. Now, it's the heaviest hitter I have.

I wish I had the patience to wait to do 11 pulls at once. I've done 3 pulls in the past 24 hours. One 5 star and two 3 star staffs.

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I've been trying soo hard to save up for 50 mythril but since the buster sword came again I had to.. I got insanely lucky and used it twice. Got the official ball AND buster sword!! :)

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, I can't wait for pulls either. I'm just going to assume that 11th pull would have been a three star armor.

Also, going from 44 to 62 stamina in a day was awesome! Glad I had the morning off so I could focus on the important things in life, like FFRK and watching Agents of SHIELD.

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Red Mage! Always the best job to have through the first half of the game. I even stuck with him in a few if I remember.

5. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Given the good relic event... I likely won't be saving up mythril for an 11 relic pull again until after it.... but for now I'm holding off on the slim chance I hit 50 myhtril before the event ends (lots of new realms to farm!). Come next Wend or so though... I'm spending all I got! Right now it's 11 mythril... but should be quite a bit more by then. I doubt I'll get to 50 though :- / Unless they update the daily dungeon cycle... which I'm told they do from time to time. Man would that be nice!

And yeah... Aerith event has gone by the wayside. I'd love to farm up more 4 star orbs through it... but more mythril and stamina comes first! They'll be plenty of time in the future to nab 4 star orbs :- )

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Does Reflect+Death combo work in this one? ;)

7. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    You mean vanish + death? Reflect will just end up killing YOU

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's why i asked. In a few FF titles you can cast reflect on your party, cast death on one of your members, and it reflects death to an enemy at 100% rate.

9. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I completed all the new normal dungeons but at 64 stamina, its time to get back to the MAgicite event. Its too good to be able to pick and choose these orbs right now, especially the greaters. Get as many of them as humanly possible.

I finally got my first lvl50, cloud. So for time being hes replaced with Tidus to level him.

10. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Best part of all these new areas is being able to rotate in more people. I have 4 50s atm and I HATE using them for any kind of farming. It just kills me to waste the xp.

Elite dungeons are largely a joke now, thankfully.

11. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I tried to find more info about this "bug" and I didn't find anything. What games were affected by this?

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    FF6 is the main one that comes to mind. The vanish/death (was called EX-something) combo could be used to cheese a lot of content, including bosses.

On topic, they need to fix the UI. It's stupid not knowing what the prereqs for champing a mission are. the two bloody ability slots don't exactly leave us a lot of room for versatility and reactionary play.

Hell, I'd actually use a white mage if they could memorize more than two stinkin spells. What good are they if they can't heal & cure status afflictions? What good is it to stumble on a boss and to not be able to toss out the appropriate spell?

"oh hey look a mechanical boss! Sure wish I had equipped a lightning spell! I hope he doesn't have a second prereq that knocks me so far out of champ that I get expert for the whole mission!"

13. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Vanish/X-Zone was the main combo I used back in the day. Being in "Vanish" status basically meant 100% chance of magic working on that target.

And I think the two ability limit and no advance warning of what you need in each stage is deliberate. It forces you to either remember what you fought in that part of the game and make an appropriate party (assuming you ever played that game), or keep a "balanced" party with fighters and spellcasters (or Cloud using elemental attacks) at all times.

With a high-level party or a Dungeon with 4+ sections the weakness doesn't really matter - as long as you "Full Champion" the earlier sections you'll Champion the dungeon even if you miss the boss weakness(es).

---------------------

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33g3mn/relic_draw_item_drop_rates_provided_by/ is interesting reading if you haven't seen it yet. It claims that the drop rate for the Wakka, etc. Draw option is just shy of a 10% chance at getting a 5* relic right now. Not sure if I fully believe the numbers, but I definitely haven't seen anyone bragging about 5* stuff that ISN'T in those nine right now.

Basically, your odds are 1.198% for one of five different 5* (Danjuro, Genji Armor, Genji Shield, Judgment Staff, Regal Gown).
    Then you've got a 1% chance for any of the new 5* and Cloud's weapon (Blood Lance, Buster Sword, Ice Whip, Official Ball).
    The other 5* items are reduced to a practically impossible 0.001% each (Dark Sword, Genji Helm, Grand Glove, Guard Stick, Healing Grimoire, Lustrous Shield, Masamune).
    All in all, that adds up to 9.997%.

Then there's 29 4* items at 0.862% chance each, or a 24.998% chance at a 4* item.

TL;DR - you allegedly have a 1-in-10 chance of a 5* item and a 1-in-4 chance of a 4* item if you pull from the Wakka/Kain/Cloud/Rydia option.

Again, it may not be accurate, but it's interesting number-crunching. (Assuming you're a Red Mage and like that stuff.)

14. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    No kidding my last 5 rare relic pulls have all been armor. Official ball for waka next I hope :) I have bad luck so prolly more armor.

15. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1035 eflin, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Well I've grinded over 50 mythril in the past 2 days... I'm cruising through the new dungeons (reg and elite). Sitting on 30 mythril currently and hoping to get to 50 (for a second 11 relic pull) by the end of this thing event! Not sure how many more dungeons I have left to clear though... Hopefully my luck improves! That first 11 relic pull stunk :- P

That said... some of these mastery requirements on the new elite dungeons are annoying. Like silencing the 3 sisters in the tower of zot? Augh. I creamed them and still got novice because I didn't know about that... Well got to do it again... but not now since I need to move on for more mythril :- )

It's veeeeeery nice having more stamina. Don't feel like I need to check in every few hours which wasn't happening anyway.

EDIT: Also... venom strike should count as poison damage... grumble grumble... (I'm at mobliz if you can't tell)

EDIT #2: AUGH.... double jump doesn't count as a jump for interrupting the boss in tower of zot spire??? ridiculous!

16. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I had kept this one as last because I didn't make Jump yet and I just finished it on Elite (without bringing jump) and she didn't even have time to turn into a tornado lol

17. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1037 eflin, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Yeah its weird the special conditions are worth so much. So it's more important (in terms of mastering a level) to use one specific skill (which I also have not made) than to not have my characters die?

Or it's more important to silence the 3 sisters than it is to not die... not use many actions... and not take much damage?

I think in general it would be better if the special conditions were worth 1 or 2 medals each (not 3). Still love the game but that is one my small gripes with how it currently is.

EDIT: Apparently you need to click on the banner to get the better odds... and there ARE differences depending on which banner you click... The reddit forum is saying people did studies and have evidence pointing to it being true. That's annoying. I did 7 more pulls doing this and got Kains weapon and Genji Shield. Wanted the whip and buster sword more but still very happy :- )

Everyone take note though. MAKE SURE to click on the wakka/rydia/kain/cloud banner and click rare relic draw from there. Might be tinfoil hat... but certainly does not hurt.

18. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    The thing is, if they didn't make special conditions worth so much, you could completely ignore them and Auto-Master just about everything. It might have been better to make it so mastery REQUIRES always fulfilling these special obligations then have the clunky star system.

As it is, mastery is all but guaranteed as long as you go into a deep dungeon and "full gauge" every section except the last one, since mastery is determined by the overall average of all dungeon sections combined.

But if you forget to bring Poison along for Phunbaba (or whatever they've renamed him as compared to the SNES version), it's a guaranteed loss because that's a one-section dungeon.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Have you fought the 3 sisters yet and ignored the goals for them?

20. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    To silence the three girls just use aeris's power.