Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Uhh, since you worship the almighty chart rankings, I don't see where this Brave Frontier talk is coming from with regards to Japan. Record Keeper's been in the top ten to top twenty grossing apps in Japan since its debut. Brave Frontier isn't even in the top 100. Therefore, by your own metric, this is objectively the better game.

I mean, seriously, Brave Frontier? That's such old news in Japan. Unless you're blinded by nostalgia for that archaic game, there's no way anyone would pick it over the faster pace of Record Keeper.

You can like BF better of course but the charts don't lie - you're objectively incorrect in thinking so.

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Is there a way to see the bonus objectives before the boss battles begin to know which objectives to attempt to achieve?

3. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Item/orb space

Shaun you have been playing for quite a bit. Is 100 inventory for weapons/orbs enough? Is it better early on to grab relics then mid/late game switch to buying inventory or vice versa? Loving this game. A stated by another poster I love the fact that characters/items get buffed in their proper painting. I was worried everyone pick their favorite named characters and forget the rest.

4. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    In the Japanese version, a boss preview was added shortly after launch that allows you to do that. It looks like the English version is somewhat curiously based on the launch JP version rather than the current one, so at the moment, I don't think you can.

Usually, it's just hitting the boss's weak points and/or winning without any KOs on your team, though.

5. robotrigger

robotrigger Active Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Anyone have luck beating mount kolts? I'm at a loss....

6. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I ended up expanding my equipment inventory a bit and will probably do so again in the future, but I'm a hoarder, so...

7. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #87 hitmantb, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

Sorry Brave Frontier is a top 5-10 grossing game in Japan. Hint: Try to search for "Alim" instead of "Gumi" if you can't type Japanese name of Brave Frontier.

http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/653542050/app-ranking/#daily=2015-03-25&type=grossing-ranks

And it is FF:RK's most direct competition and have always performed better than FF:RK in Japan. I was actually very surprised by this because I thought FF had much much much stronger IP. It is amazing how mobile can allow relatively unknown companies to compete with the established franchises, $$$ for $$$ in the same exact genre.

Brave Frontier's combat system is much faster paced IMO. Would have liked to see someone deep into both games make a comparison review. I never got past the (may I say, below) SNES graphics with either game.

8. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thanks

I am also kind of a collector. I guess I will expand my inventory quite a bit before rolling for relics.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    hitmanb: Shaun lives in Japan, dude. I think he knows how to type the name :)

Anyway, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS don't turn this into a chart rankings/f2p performance discussion like you did in the Dungeon Hunter thread. You've already stated that you don't really like this game, you don't like the pixel art, and you like BF better. So just leave it at that! And let the people who do like this game continue discussing this game. Pretty please?

10. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Excited to get into this game! Read the strategy article posted earlier and it was really helpful, any other tips for a beginner? Is there anyway to reset game data as I named my character a dumb name in the moment :p if not that's alright.

I'm also curious if the main character gets replaced by other characters anyways deeper into the game? Thanks! Looking forward to playing this with TA gang

11. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Can anyone confirm this working on a jailbroken device it wont start for me unless i went to safe mode

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I kind of agree.

This is a pretty decent game I have to say. However all the small loading screens bother me. I don't know if it's just the app itself or found server checks but it feels clunky moving to each screen. I wish they would fix that. Sometimes I just feel too lazy to go swap / upgrade my equipment anymore since it takes some time to move to each screen.

13. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Please tell me Locke is in here somewhere or I'll be so disappointed.... :(

14. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    So yea.. is there any multiplayer interaction in this game or pure pve?

15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Which device? I'm playing on a very slow connection at work and haven't been having any issues with loading screens. The most time I've seen are on the downloads with new chapter content

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Ipad mini retina and iphone 5, both jailbroken, works fine on both for me.

17. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I don't believe there is pvp, interactive events but I don't see anything for pvp or even adding. Friends.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    IPhone 5S iOS 7.0.6 jail broken and working fine.

19. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The spoilers for FFs I haven't played yet are keeping me out this one. :(

20. OMGzKakaniz

OMGzKakaniz New Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Is this a game where we need to sperg reroll similar to P&D?