Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I am enjoying the fact that Weapons and armor and characters all get buffs from their own areas. This is a smart design and really adds an extra layer over just which character/skills to bring

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Hey Shaun. do you reccomend saving up to do the 10x relic spin, or is that overkill and it would be better to have the relics early on.

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I didn't see much benefit from the big spin when I did it. I'd say spend it as you get it. Once you have enough decent stuff for a full party, you may want to start saving Mythril for events.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im not Shaun, but i'd recommend getting the singles as you get access to them, so you can keep up with the early bosses easily.

EDIT: Aaaaaand Shaun ninja'd my post. LOL

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    keep getting *** -_-

6. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm so torn who to use in my party! :O

Dropped my mages for "main" characters not sure how that'll work out.

7. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I think I might have missed it, but what are the orbs used for? The description isn't helpful and I have a ton of them already even though I have no characters over lvl 10.

Also, is it possible to transfer the game file between an iPad to an Android phone? I'm thinking this might be a better game for on the go.

8. littlenicky44

littlenicky44 Active Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Is there a way to play across my android phone and ipad? I dont want to put this game down!

9. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Does this game have multiple device support for iPad/iPhone?

10. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #70 hitmantb, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    First Impression: This is basically Brave Frontier with FF combat/equipment system.

I could never get into Brave Frontier's SNES graphics, I am not sure if I can get into this one as I never really got into any of the old school FF games when they were released. It is definitely fan service, I just don't know if I would give up Heroes Charge, Marvel Future Fight's modern graphics for this, considering you typically only have time for one of these games.

I thought this game would eliminate Brave Frontier like Marvel:Contest of Champions eliminated Injustice: Gods Among Us from top grossing charts, because of IP advantage. But even in Japan, despite huge ff fanbase, stronger IP, bigger franchise, deeper history, it is still behind Brave Frontier in popularity.

I think it is because FF's combat system is simply too dated/slow paced for 2015. For the younger generation who did not play these games when they came out, the music/background/lore mean nothing, Brave Frontier is simply the better game with a more modern combat/equipment system.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    1. Creating and honing abilities.

2. YES. I did transfer my android savefile to my ipad air easily.

12. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    So I just started. Definitely fan service and I'm loving it. Just having the old FF game battle/boss music is amazing.

13. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    I downloaded the game an hour or so ago. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have unlocked a few characters and enjoy that you can auto attack the easy fights. The only part I don't care for is the stamina. It was nice that it took a long time to run out but I still wish to play. I always wish there was a way to pay a couple dollars to remove the stamina system in games.

Overall an enjoyable game.

14. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Insane how good this game is, I'd have easily dropped $10-$20 for it, but free makes it all that much better!

15. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Is there any sort of pvp in this game or is it purely pve?

16. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    The icon is very Abbey Rd - ish.... :)

17. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    If you spent as much time playing the game as you do monitoring the top grossing charts of each countries App Store, you might enjoy it.

You couldn't put fancy graphics into a nostalgic game like this, for some, the nostalgia makes the game.

I would be less apt to play this if it didn't use sprites based off that feel. And 5 million downloads is nothing to sweep under the rug. Brave Frontier is well established, this hasn't been around as long, give it a chance.

You may return to your charts now

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #78 aconfusedkender, Mar 26, 2015
    +1 to this retort

As they say in NBA JAM
    BOOM SHAKA LAKA

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    bwahahahahahahahha!!!

20. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #80 hitmantb, Mar 26, 2015
    I didn't say FF:RS is a failure by any means, it is probably the best mobile final fantasy game by a large margin.

FF is a long series, they could have at least picked something a little more recent as far as visual is concerned. There were many many many re-releases of the classic FF games with updated visuals. I can't personally deal with pixel graphics in a 2015 game, and I have only casually played FF3 on SNES and FF7 on PSX, never finished either because I prefer western style RPG's of the same era (Ultima Online, Baldur's Gate series) by a huge margin, so this game is not for me.

I just feel Touch Arcade review score was inflated by the nostalgia factor, and we will see how this game competes with Brave Frontier, its primary competition in the western world (and Japan, for that matter).