Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Thanks everyone for the tips.All equipment is fully levelled and combined.Attempted to get the rod on the elite stage for Rydia but can't kill the boss quick enough even with Thundara therefore can't master it! I have a level 3 bow fully upgraded but still not as powerful as the harp.Just attempting to farm power orbs to get the thunderstrike skill for Wakka.Will try the gunner again tomorrow!

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Going for the gunner today. No wakka but I have Rydia with 4* rod and 5* regal gown and double thundara. Tyro with bow and thun/cura, Kain with jump and Tidus with boost. Cloud cant do anything. All levels around 28-27. Probable or unlikely?

3. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Very likely IMO

4. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Smashed the gunner in the end.4 thundaras from Rydias and a couple of element reels from Wakka and he was toast.Just need to wait for my stamina so I can take on the Heli........

5. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't know whats your equipement, but there is a commom rod of the IV set, 1*. You can upgrade and combine it to another of the same rod, twice. With sinnergy, it will be very powerfull on those stages - more than the Rod you're aiming at, actually, that is from the III set.
    I had Thunderstrike on Cloud for this battle, and also a Thundara on Rydia.

6. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #646 Montanx, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Ok he went down very easy, I had nothing to worry about. For any concerned, my setup a few posts up was more than enough. Main goals id say are to get rydia the mastery rod from waterway ff4 elite and double thundaras. Dont need black mage or wakka to pass it. Kain jumping and tyro thundara is more than enough, didnt even need a cura.

7. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Just got today's Daily Dungeon (Elemental Core - X) mastered! This was a hard one! I had to come up with a stragy to master it - it seems that those dungeons are getting harder every day. Some tips, if anybody is struggling with this too:1 - Elemental weaknesses: the dinosaur (I didn't get their names) is weak against ice, the plant is vulnerable agains Fire, and the Blue erm, thing that looks like a frog, Thunder.
    2 - a single second-level spell (THundara, Blizzara, etc) from Rydia is likely to take an vulnerable enemy down at once.
    3 - a single thunderstrike form Cloud (lv 34) also beats in one hit, regardless of weakness (he's stronger).
    4- You will want to take them down with as few moves as possible. Simple attacks that don't take them down waste turns that will reduce your score. So, when possible, clear both enemies with two moves.
    5- Skip is your friend! Don't make useless attacks! Save those for later, when you're out of special moves! And use Tyro only for Healing others.
    6 - If someone is down at the end, retreat from the dungeon and start over. It is free, and you keep all you got from the first section, so why not? Entering with someone Ko'ed will just reduce your chances and waste stamina. Same goes if, for example, Tyro or Rydia gets Silenced or something.

Hope that helps, and lets share our strategies!;)

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Didn't you get any 4-5* equipment from mythril pulls? Sorry it's not a tip, I'm just wondering.

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Ive been 'lucky' in that I got 2 5* pulls, but they were both armors so my damage output sucks a little.

Many people have been far unluckier and got only 3-4* items.

10. neuwen

neuwen New Member

Apr 4, 2015
    I haven't pulled any 5 star item.

11. neuwen

neuwen New Member

Apr 4, 2015
    I have a question, especially for those of you who have played the JP version. Tyro, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Rydia are definitely in my main party, but who is better as the fifth member, Kain or Tydus? Ignoring random pull equipment, at first I thought that I would go with Kain because jump is awesome. But now I am thinking about going with Tydus. He is just as fast but has more health can can equip support abilities like dark attack. Any thoughts?

12. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Kain has higher defense and his Jump skill can get him out of harm's way here and there. Tidus has better offensive capabilities and his higher HP makes up for his weaker defense. I took Kain to level 50 in the JP version and he was a useful member all the way through. I'm using Tidus more in the International version and he's fairly solid, too. Just depends on if you want more defense or offense in your party. Also depends on if you have a decent spear or a decent sword, I guess.

13. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the tips, but I'm still getting one-shot killed by most of the enemies, even with characters in the low to mid 30s. So much for getting a Mythril today from the daily dungeon - I can't even clear one stage without getting destroyed. Kind of sad since I can auto-battle the last Shinra stage all the way through now.

Maybe tomorrow's daily won't be so brutal.

14. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Okay, I have a big question on my mind: Curaga or Haste?I have Cura rank 2, so I’m usually good. I always loved haste, but I’m not quite sure how it would fare here. Curaga seems a safer bet.

Decisions decisions decisions >.<‘
    Opinions?

15. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    You *will* need Curaga sooner or later, but if Cura is getting you by for now, Haste will probably be more immediately useful.

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    lol I dont even have materials for a Cura yet -_- no wonder im struggling to get sephiroth

17. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Who is everyone replacing when you get Seph? My team now is cloud/tidus/Kain/tyro/Rydia and I'm not sure who to give up. Kain has good defense even tho he's a bit limited ability wise. Tidus has nice support and cloud is just a badass. Tyro is a bit weak but I know down the line his versatility will be valuable. Rydia is just a beast with her magic.

18. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Just got curaga. Boss. Also, in elite dungeon with the sinspawn. The mog says blinding it will help with drain touch. However there is no blind spell? The only thing I see is blindna and that's white magic to remove from party...

19. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I guess I will play it safe and make a Curaga first. You can never go wrong with more healing options. ∩( ・ω・)∩

20. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Look for it under Physical - it's called Dark Strike.