Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    from the free relic draw? wow... must be a crazy low chance. Has anyone see any 3 star or better from the daily free relic draw yet?

2. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Best I've gotten is a 2-star mythril armlet. I think everything else has been 1 star.

3. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    This. I got something 2* the first day then every day after that has been 1*. It's a joke.

If you can clear hard events peeps, do it, even if it's just expert. The rewards are ridiculous for powering up your party.

4. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I got a 3* spear on my first try. Afterwards, 90% were 1* and the rest 2*. :(

5. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It's supposedly possible, but in several months of pulls in the JP version (where you get three free pulls a day rather than just one), I've never once gotten anything above two stars.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, this whole "come back and get something every day" novelty is already wearing off for me. Thought this would be more addicting to me, but I guess I just prefer their premium games. I'll probably keep trying to get into this though. Won't spend any money on it though.

7. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    free relic pulls

I have gotten two 3 star items in free relic pulls so far since I started playing. No luck on the mithril pulls, just a couple of 4 star items.

Not sure if I should farm more summon orbs today(I have 5 four star orbs), or focus on leveling. Am leaning towards more orbs.

8. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Well you got a week to farm up orbs (I'm doing the same thing... have (5) of both type of summon orbs).

I'm doing EXP today but summon orbs rest of the week (although I might sidetrack once a day to try and get a mythril... to get one last shot at masamune)

Although reading the notice carefully it is sneaky... This event does NOT increase your chances at 5 star equipment... all it does is increase your odds of your 5 star equipment being a masamune IF you would roll a 5 star equipment. That's pretty stingy/lame to me. They could increase the odds slightly...

9. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    After spending more than I'd like to no Masamune and I'm giving up on it. Guess I'm happy enough I have a Buster Sword.

10. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

IMO exp event > summon orbs.The exp event gives a crazy amount of exp. With the levels you get today you can do the other daily events and get good stuff, can play more elite dungeons and get the mythril/good stuff and be prepared for upcoming events.

The summon orb at first may seem interesting, but without honing whatever summon you may choose will be next to useless, and the good summons require a good amount of high level orbs which you probably won’t have access so soon.

Of course, that’s my way of thinking :)

11. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Shaun, are there other differences in the monetization between both versions? Like, are daily prizes the same? Does the events give the same amount of Mythril? What about stamina recovery rate and max?

12. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    For me... I agree the exp event is better right now. Levels will allow us to do harder realms, events, etc.

But the summon orbs are a priority for me since they are a limited time thing. Even if I can only get a level 1 version I imagine it will be powerful. Seems smart to focus on since I can do the regular realms to get other orbs later... And it's still good exp and gold for the stamina.

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    How can I get mastery on the hard exp event? The mobs poison aoe destroys me. I beat the first one with just tidus barely alive, all lvl 25ish.

14. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Get to level 30ish

15. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #595 Montanx, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Having trouble getting mastery on waterway for Rydia rod. No other source for dark other than black Mage? I dont have the gear to use Rydia as well as the BM so he wouldn't live to get the mastery on octomammoth.

Stamina is the big holdup really. I only have 41 and the stages cost upwards of 12 or so. A full boat of stamina is like 10 min of play.

16. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I don't see myself spending money on gems but I would pay like €10 to €15 to remove the stamina system.

17. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I have def gotten a 3 star item from the free draw.

18. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    #598 falcon815, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    I'm in the same boat on all counts. I've already got Sephiroth but would love to have the Light Rod for BM/Rydia. Trouble is I only have 42 Stamina with little hope of getting more until I get better equipment. I can scrape by on the first couple of FFIV and FFX elite dungeons, but the third one eats me alive in both cases.

Part of the issue is that I've been hoarding mythril. I did a couple of 5 Mythril rolls early on and got some 3* weaponry, but I've been hoarding trying to save up 50 since. I'm sitting on 46 and should be able to get to 50 by clearing Hard dailies the next four days (I can usually get it done with Seph/Tidus/Warrior/Rydia/WM, all in the mid to high 20s for level). I figure missing out on four days of potential advancement is made up by having one extra equipment draw. Even if it's a bunch of 3-4* stuff, it's got to be better than most of the cobbled-together upgraded 1* stuff I have. (I've drawn two 2* items from the free Relic Draw - both were FFIX Mythril Knives. Otherwise, most of my equipment is upgraded stuff from the Shinra event or horribly common random drops.)

19. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I have done this one without using the Black Mage. I’m not quite sure why you can’t, maybe you are not getting grades good enough on the stages before the boss? Or maybe taking too many hits/actions to finish? All I can say is that you definitely don’t need the dark skill to get the mastery in the Waterways.
    By the way, it may be a good rod for Rydia if you lack another option, but it is actually a rod for the Black Mage — it changes his break.

20. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Ok cool. I'll try again when I can, I keep forgetting the mastery is based on all the stages, not just the boss.