Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Been waiting for this

Ever since Shaun described this game I have been quite interested. Still not showing up for me :(. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon. Can't wait to play this. Nice 5 star review. Makes the wait even worse.

2. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    No problem downloading it in the dutch Appstore , so it is not pulled

3. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I read another user Dled it via dutch store also. Will give it a try. Rydia, Kain etc will bring back a lot of great gaming memories.

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Honestly, it doesn't even take much grinding to unlock characters. The event characters in the JP version can usually be obtained with a level 25 party if you're well-prepared, or a level 30+ party if you're not. Hopefully, by the time they start rolling them out, most people will have a party around that level. It doesn't take very long.

I kind of fumbled through the game for the first couple of weeks using the worst characters and after that I was able to get every character without any trouble.

Crystal souls that raise the level cap past 50, on the other hand, require a strong party and a sound strategy, but you won't need them until you're strong enough to get them anyway.

5. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Hahahahaha. Oh, you're serious? Allow me laugh harder. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Downloading now in the US.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup, me too. Finally working!

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, I can tell I'm going to be hooked on this game for quite awhile. It's REALLY good so far. Definitly brings back some memories.

9. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I couldn't agree more. The memories of playing all these title so far has been amazing. Also the character profiles are a really cool addition to freshen up on some past back story. Awesome gem so far. I don't care that it's free 2 play. If Shaun can make it through 5 months of playing without spending a yen then why can't anyone. Patience and persistance is what's needed.

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So I've been playing Memories at http://memories.finalfantasyrecordkeeper.com/# because it said that you can unlock special rewards for in the game. However, at the site it uses facebook as your login, and in the game I can't find where to login to facebook so I can access any of my rewards. Anyone else doing the same and actually link the two things?

11. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I got 2 rewards when I got through the tutorial, not sure if it's the same. No Facebook login

12. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I got the two fighter dudes for "pre-registration" but I didn't pre register so I'm assuming they are giving these out to everyone if that's what you're talking about

13. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    This is a pretty good game!! I just wish that this was a proper offline rpg than online only like this... Oh well... :(

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup. I got those too. But I'm talking about all the points and characters I've collected playing FF Memories at the site I listed. Has anyone else visited that site and played it? Works best on mobile, but I play it on my computer too. Only so many spins per day.

16. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    During the tutorial do you always get the same sword when you do the pull using dr mog's mithril?

17. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Is the protagonist guy very powerful? Is it ok to drop him?

18. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Hmmm, upgrade item slots or try my luck with equipment? Which one do you guys choose in the beginning?

19. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    He's very flexible (can equip almost anything) and his stats are decent. He's also got the easiest Crystal Soul drops of any character. But don't be afraid to drop anyone. It's not too hard to catch someone up if you need to.

20. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    How does it go from requiring only iOS6 to requiring iOS7? Even on the Japanese App Store, it still requires only iOS6!

So now I have the Japanese version without a way of logging in because I can't read Japanese... Smh!