Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #461 eflin, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Hahahahaha. Okay you all had me WAY to nervous about the two flying (no melee) bosses. Took the harder one out in just a few lightning based attacks. Here was my squad if it helps others gauge

L27 Tidus (meat shield)
    L27 Kain (got off one double jumps)
    L27 White Mage (healer but not needed it turns out)

L26 Tyro with a 4 star bow and a L1 lightning strike ability (used it twice) and L1 double cut (not used). Oh I also gave him the power wrist from earlier in this dungeon/event(which received boost so helped a lot actually with his bow attack)

L23 Rydia with the 4 star rod from elite dungeon mentioned earlier... and L2 thundara... and L3 thunder. Cast thundara three times... and thunder zero times...

And boss went down... So definitely an easy boss if you prepare the appropriate lightning attacks and have leveled your magic users even a bit.

Best of luck all!

2. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you know what’s coming it’s not that hard. If you go blindly it can be near impossible. Also those red robots 2 shot Rydia which can be a problem

3. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Punishing difficulty would be if they hid a Marlboro at the top of the tower. :)

If they were going for "quick bucks," they'd do something like give you a 48-hour time limit and close the tower PERMANENTLY (or until the quest comes around again) if your party wipes. This IS a DeNA game, after all, so I'm surprised they're actually being Freemium Fair in this one.

There's still about ten days left in this event. Time isn't exactly of the essence. I'm ignoring Floors 56-70 for now and just doing regular grinding. Someone could start the game TODAY and (with a decent amount of grinding) still manage to get Sephiroth before event's end without spending a dime. It's fair.

4. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Very true. I started this game on Friday I think? And I just have to do the very last level and I got Sephiroth (and not expecting it to be bad... just waiting on stamina). So it's very doable in less than a week (6 days for me).

5. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yea, you are right, finally did the level correctly. Thnx.

Also, anyone know if thunder strike works on those no mellee bosses? Does thunder strike need to be paired with a ranged weapon, or it doesnt matter? Thnx again.

6. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Needs to be paired with a non melee weapon... but it does work in that case (and well)

7. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Congrats to everyone who got sephiroth :)

It would be awesome to see one of the most badass badasses ever Vincent Valentine from Dirge of Cerberus in this!

Who are your guys' healers? I don't want white Mage in my party and my tyro for some reason sucks at curing.

8. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Those are pretty much the only two options currently. I'm using the white mage myself.

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have a 4 star trident
    Who is best for this one. Right now I have it on level 26 Kain
    Like this weapon

Right now grinding away for the two pain bosses. Gotta get a couple more up to speed and should be not a Prob I can tell its close

10. objectsobjects

Apr 1, 2015
    #470 objectsobjects, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  11. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    So, aside from daily dungeon, where can i farm lesser lightning orbs and power orbs efficiently? I can't seem to handle the daily dungeon on hard mode yet :/

12. mistborn

mistborn Member

Jan 7, 2013
    What's with the mini game when upgrading equipment? Are you supposed to stop the gauge in the middle?

13. objectsobjects

Apr 1, 2015
    #473 objectsobjects, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    I don't think it's a mini game. It's just an animation (each gauge = one level).
    https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Orbs_Power%20Orbs
    https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Orbs_Lightning%20Orbs_Lesser%20Lightning%20Orb

14. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    I've read that the less 3-5 star equipment you have the more likely you are to get a better pull from the rare relic real. Can anyone confirm this? I forgot the source, but the guy seemed to know what he was talking about.

15. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    That feels a lot like the old "Press A at the right time to increase your chances of catching a Pokemon" myth to me. I have a ton of 3-5 star equipment in the JP version and I've haven't noticed a discernible change in my luck on pulls.

16. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    That was possibly the best simile ever used. Ever. Haha

but really that's good to know. I'll definitely take your word on that.

17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Reaching The FF6 realm is the best. Terra's theme is life...I just sit on the screen doing nothing sometimes.

18. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I really hate my luck!!! Been playing this since friday, and almost get sephitorth now, but my relic draws are only 3 stars!! My brother just played today, and his FIRST relic draw was tifa's gloves!! Argh!!!!!!M

19. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    If it helps anyone, on the last boss, you can switch to your best melee attackers for that section. I did on my second try, and readily mastered it with a level 15 Sepiroth, a level 19-20 Tifa, Cloud at 25-ish, and Rydia and my White Mage and level 29-30.

Should have thought of that sooner, but eh, I got Sepiroth, even if I don't have his sword (which isn't available anyway), Tifa's glove OR Cloud's sword.