Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. lukeshep17

lukeshep17 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Better off farming some dungeons. That's what I did. Got all my gearax level now except my genji armor which is 13/20.

2. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2014
    I 1shot every trashmob that's shown up so far, but this game has like one ranged attack and the available mages have such heinous stat growth that I'm not inclined to spend a week leveling one.

3. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm almost there!

Any tips? Figure replace the FF1 guy with a Mage?

I can always pimp out Tyro with a higher rank Thundara instead of 2 mages

4. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Forgot to add, this is my squad.

Attached Files:

5. lukeshep17

Dec 23, 2009
    Yeah you need a Mage. Replace ff1 guy with rydia.

6. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Wow, hundred gunner was extremely easy. I guess I was so afraid of wasting stamina that I overprepared. Rydia with thundara+thuder and Tyro with cure+thunder destroyed him quite fast (both lv 26 with rydia using a gravity rod — 4-star — maxed)

7. lukeshep17

Dec 23, 2009
    I had exact same set up except only a 3 star rod for rydia. Was surprised how quickly he died.

8. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I still agate you because of your bastard buster sword Rich...

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    If you're not bringing Rydia with your party, this is only going to be the beginning of your woes. Be responsible: level up your glass cannon.

10. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Thanks for your tips Shaun, they were really helpful ��

11. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Rydia at lvl 27 with rank 3 thundera was all I needed for this fight, equip a ffvii staff and it will hit for 2k a pop

Had ty with regular thunder

12. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Roughly level 30. I wasn't lucky enough to get the buster sword but I did end up with a danjuro+ which helped allot :)

I had cloud and kain as tanks, tyro as a mage/tank, and rydia and white mage as attack and support abilities.

13. Hephaestus

Apr 16, 2014
    GOAT Wakka dealt the killing blow as the only survivor with ~5% health left after using Salve 8 times. That fight is lame.

14. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Which fight? The hundred whatever thing? The next one is worse IMO :rolleyes:

15. Hephaestus

Apr 16, 2014
    Is it fully immune to most of the characters in the game at this point?

16. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Again only ranged/magic, but stronger

17. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Funny because I had a much easier time. I found he wasn't hitting my team as hard as the first one

18. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    #418 sivad, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Boss before the final floor is a toughy... I had to flee once...

My strategy was having Rydia and Ty on back row and utilizing double jump limit break... He ate 6 thundera and 5 thunders, and 2 double jumps... Definately my hardest fight

Edit - I don't know how to do a spoiler tag so if needed I can remove this

19. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Just beat hundred gunner as well. Like others said, I over-prepared. Thunder + thundara did wonders via Mage-geared tyro and rydia, who didn't even have a staff. Kain jumping + wakka chakrams pushed it over the edge.

I'm noticing a pattern tho.... My white Mage is basically unleveled. I assumed there'd be good enough heals down the road that I didnt need to depend on white Mage, but what I'm lacking is group heals. Bosses that nuke the group (or even trash mobs like chimera who use that wind spell that reduces hp to 5 or so) are supremely dangerous, and cura simply can't keep up since it can't group heal like it can in the main FF games.

Do I need to level up the crappy white mage for her limit break or do I have group heal options down the road? I'd even settle for other, more versatile characters who have group heal limits.

20. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    At least as far as I've gotten in the JP version, the only group heals are the soul breaks of certain characters and high-level summons. There are other (better) characters besides white mage who have group healing soul breaks, so you probably shouldn't invest too heavily in her.