Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

What’s the average level of your party? I’m on 51-55 and it is starting to get a little troublesome for my Rydia...

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lv32 on average, except for Tifa who's 18. You need to equip FFVII items coz the bonuses you get is HUGE. For example, Tifa, who gets the bonus herself, and additional bonus when wearing a lowly Leather Glove that only has 8 atk, boosts up to 101 atk from her usual 58 without the bonuses.

My problem is not knowing that Hundred Gunner cannot be attacked by melee. And i only have one ranged character and zero elemental spells.

3. 16bitAindo

16bitAindo Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    I just ran into this exact problem. No idea how I am going to get around it at the moment.

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    whos your party other than Tifa?

5. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yeah... its tough to get FFVII bonuses currently on anything but melee characters (Tifa and Cloud)... so it's tough to rely on that for this boss.

I know my squad is only rocking one armor piece that is getting the bonus. Wish I could get more but I just don't have the gear for it. I'm focusing on lightning abilities instead (thundara, lightning strike, etc) instead.

I might even rock a party of black mage, rydia, tyro (with bow and thunder spells), white mage, and random meat shield to help maximize my damage output. Just have to craft more abilities first (only have one each of thunder, thundara, and lightning strike) if I decide to go that route. Hopefully my current group is good enough though as that'd be a pain to build up.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I actually wasted 51 stamina in total against Hundred Gunner. I'll try swapping in Wakka for Tidus coz Wakka can use Chakram which i think dishes ranged attacks. He's pretty low level though. I also put in white mage to be the healer while Tyro gets lightning spells.

This Hundred Gunner is a friggin troll to eat your stamina and make you use subpar characters. Oh well, at least some of the character may actually find playtime. Bard, Warrior, Ranger and even Rydia are lv1 in my party. LOL

7. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Good to know that you are a few levels ahead and having problems. I guess I’ll wait until de exp event if I fail a couple of times.
    I didn’t know the bonuses were so good. I’m afraid I don’t have much from VII yet anyway though :(. Hopefully Tyro and Rydia are able to deal with everything. I knew that elemental spells were going to be extremely important, so I started using Rydia ASAP :)

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I was VERY dependent on Rydia with 2 thundaras. She got kicked out of my party now for Sephiroth! :)

Also, has anyone created gravity? And does it work on bosses?

9. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Me too! although I did NOT realize the large gap between black mage and Rydia... so I just rolled with the black mage I had been using... yeah that was a mistake... made the switch this morning... so my Rydia is level 14 while the rest of my party is mid 20's. Got a lot of grinding to do though based on what you folks are saying.

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    what level were you when you beat it?

11. Bluntmaster

Bluntmaster Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    #391 Bluntmaster, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    I beat Hundred Gunner and Heligunner with Tyro/Rydia rocking that Thundara+Thunder. It should be easy with 3 star equips and at least level 25.

Kain did some jumping too.

12. lukeshep17

lukeshep17 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Started to get bored yesterday farming the daily dungeon having no clue how I was going to progress more in the elite dungeons besides at an insanely slow pace without spending money.

Log on today and boom new even dungeon! Love it! Cleared through 55 so far on the heli. Haven't attempted yet as I'm farming Gil. Have gotten so much stronger today it's insane, but still worried about heli since I lack very much range attack besides Rydia. Do have thundara rank 2, but not sure that will be enough with no other ranged really. Accidentally created regen instead of cuts today which sucked, but got my first 5 star equipment with genji armor from some mythril.

Kind of annoyed they only give 9 lesser summon stones in the event dungeon... Only 1 more for 2 star summon...

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks because he's kicking me bad and I'm using Thunder and thundera just somehow im getting close but not quite prolly need better leveling and equip although I got through one before this one fairly easy. I was hoping there was a trick :)
    What characters can use summons?
    I got it but appears none of them can use it. I have all characters including Tifa but not the character at the end of new 70 level dungeon.

14. lukeshep17

Dec 23, 2009
    Just beat hundred gunner. Was easier than I expected. 2 more levels to go. 3 thundara and 3 weak thunders was enough to kill him. 1 jump. Prob did 9k dmg.

Haven't created any summons yet. Might as well make the bomb or goblin I guess though.

15. lukeshep17

Dec 23, 2009
    #395 lukeshep17, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Rydia and tyro can both use summons.

Hits fairly hard it seems. Single star bomb hits significantly harder than fire spell.

16. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Does higher star gear have to drop or can you make it? I know you can take a 2 star piece for example and upgrade its levels, but Id rather spend resources upgrading higher star level gear.

17. lukeshep17

Dec 23, 2009
    I have combined the gear dropped in shinra dungeon to make it 4 stars. The katana, knuckles, and armor. Worked pretty well. Only high star gear I have that started as high star are a genji armor, and light staff(from elite dungeon mastery rewards 4*). Then combined 2 mytril armors I got to make it 4 star also.

18. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Good call. I keep forgetting about Tyro's versatility.

My main damage capacity is through Kain and a 4* Battleaxe I picked up. Everyone else is lucky if they've manage to scrape up a 3* weapon.

19. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Dumbest god damn gimmick fight in the history of the universe, and came out of nowhere to eat an entire day's worth of stamina. Awesome.

20. lukeshep17

Dec 23, 2009
    Combined gear isn't as strong as the actual higher star gear, but it's better than nothing.