Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Good thing the event runs for two weeks, I may need those weeks to build my characters up to facing the last boss.

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I got Tifa but I'm not rushing either, I'm gonna exploit today's gold event cause I'm in dire need of Gil for upgrades and such, I'll probably slowly make my way towards Sephiroth... I

3. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Same, I've been going between the gil event and the Sepiroth event. The latter is getting harder, so I may need to level up a bit in the gil event.

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I know I've said this before but I'll say it again this game is AMAZING and the fact that they have already started with the awesome events is just a true testament to how awesome this game will become.

5. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Which characters are you using? I've using Tidus, Tyro, Cloud and the Black and White Mage since the beginning. They're now at about level 24 on average. Am wondering if there is a better setup and if this will be enough to complete the special event.

6. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thanks for the info Eflin

I was about to create like 4 double cut ability orbs. Since they use all lesser lightning orbs I am glad I verified before hand. They will be put to better use downing this boss I guess. The website you linked to is great.

7. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I was pleased when I started the game today and saw the event.

I wonder how long the game will last though. Unlike PAD, Final Fantasy has a limited content, and one is bound to see everything sooner or later. Maybe they’ll throw DQ in the mix? :D:D:D:D

8. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #368 eflin, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    While true... they got a long ways to go before catching up! Especially since they can do side quests etc. I'd love to see them branch out to other square enix games though :- )

Happy to help Dr_Nachin! And I know what you mean on double cut... I have one and almost blew some orbs upgrading it this morning... instead I upgraded thunder and made thundara. Likely not going to try that specific boss until tomorrow (need to grind gold) but I'll be ready for him!

EDIT: Anyone know if thunder strike works with a bow and arrow? Might be helpful for the flying boss... but will take a lot of my orbs to get. I don't see why it wouldn't... but good to confirm if someone knows.

9. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Are accessories in the international game yet? If they are, I've yet to find one... Could be like that bastard sword though that I missed on like 20 attempts ;)

10. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    What are some skills I'll need for the final floor? Thundara, and not really sure what else to bring. I'm using Cloud, Tyro, Tidus, Warrior, Kain

11. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #371 aconfusedkender, Apr 1, 2015
    I'm currently using Tidus, Tyro, Cloud, Rydia, and Kain. Seems to be pretty good to me. Rydia scales pretty well as a magic user for me. She has a 4* beast weapon and only 2* armor though but did over 5k in lightning damage to a boss ;) my party is average level 28 at the moment and I've just gotten to floor 41-45 in the event. I farmed like crazy on dailies and my weapons and armor is all almost maxed out for my champs. I'd like to replace Tyro with a better magic user when there is one. I run 2 cures one with Tyro and one with Rydia. Keeps me alive long enough doing 6 heals a piece, though the elite levels are whooping my ass. But I don't mind working at it until I figure it out.

Also does anyone know if maxing a piecce of equipment b efore combining it adds anything to it or should I only max one of them? I haven't seen a difference either way so far just thought I'd ask maybe I'm missing something.

12. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    What team member you're using to beat heli gunner? Anyone use ranger, does he help?

I read this in other thread, but all those mentioned characters are currently ow level to me, other way to beat him?

"Get jump for kain, thundara + thunder for rhydia and thunder strike for wakka. Put boost on someone (to use on kain and wakka). The keeper kan either be outfitted with thunder, thunder strike + ranged wep or healing + boost. Then you can use a ff7 tank or a white mage in the last spot."

13. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I have two separate games going (one on my iPad and one on my iPhone).

The team on my iPhone: Tidus, Cloud, Kain, Rydia, Tyro
    Team on my iPad: Tidus, Cloud, Kain, Wakka, Tyro

I find my iPad team is doing a lot better than the one on my iPhone (I've also been getting much better equipment on my iPad, it's too bad because my level is lower). Honestly I find magic isn't as important and Tyro can handle basic black magic good enough that Rydia isn't really worth it. I plan on possibly switching Kain for Sephiroth when I get him since I can't seem to get a good spear for Kain.

14. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #374 eflin, Apr 1, 2015
    Yeah... I should likely swap to Rydia as my magic user. For some reason I thought she'd only use summoning magic which is silly.... I know plenty of people are going melee heavy... and that likely is the better choice currently... but I can't help but feel keeping a balanced party will be better in the long run. Part of this though is we don't have as many options for magic users right now....

Going to be tough leveling her up quickly though! EXP weekly dungeon here I come :- )

@ImLegend... I haven't tried the gunner yet actually. Just making my plans is all. Going to be tough though as we all have only had the game for a short time so aren't over levelled etc. The challenge is part of the fun though!

My current squad is black and white mage, Tidus, Kain, Tyro (with a bow so ranged).

15. Zeekops

Zeekops Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    What's a good party for getting sephiroth? I want to start leveling up a party that would work good for sephiroth! Also what abilities are must haves for this event? I already have 2 thunderas and 1 lightning strike! Anything else? Thanks just want to be prepared! #

16. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Hmm, well I've been working on 3 melee characters, white Mage and Rydia so apparently I have a lot of work to do if I want to level up some ranged characters to be able to beat the event.

Grind obsessively for the next 10 days or just move on with my life? Decisions, decisions.

17. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    So I should ditch Tifa for the team? Using Tifa, Black Mage, Cloud, White Mage and Rydia at the moment.

18. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

If you have Tyro leveled he can use bow. Mine is lv. 26 using a 4-star bow (maxed) and he is quite good at it.

19. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    I do have a bow he can use, so I'll switch him and the bow in when I get closer. He's level 26, so not too bad.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am 2 sets of floors away from getting sephiroth. woot!

Using Cloud, Tifa, Tyro (as healer, but hits hard with a bow from the backline), Tidus and Kain. :)