Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    #181 James, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    As another peep who has enjoyed many a Final Fantasy game, I'm of the opinion that the menus in this game—particularly, the party management menus, such as abilities and equipment—are much worse, and more clunky, than what I've come to expect in Final Fantasy titles. I wouldn't dismiss that problem simply because other Final Fantasy games have had their own menu-based frustrations.

And there are many areas where small optimization efforts would pay off nicely. For example, little things, like remembering what area you've been active in when you leave to do other things in the menu.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Haven't gotten the English version to load one time on my 64G Iphone 6 8.1.2 or my brand new iPad Air 8.1.2. No probs with any other games rlly ever. I don't get it as it seems many others have the same hardware/software with no issues. My connection is superb also. Screw it.

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Is there a stat boost associated with pairing relics and characters from the same record?

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    There must have been server problems. My previous issue has disappeared and my game is still there.

5. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Yes, cloud is stronger in ffvii record and so on... Each character assigned to their record will have a bluish glow ( I think it's blue, I'm have mild color blindness )

6. 8-Bit Hero

8-Bit Hero New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Quick question. Haven't even gotten through the tutorial yet, so bear with me, but is there anyway you can start over? I had to delete and reinstall, and was surprised to still see my game at the exact same point.

In case I want to start over, is there an option for that? Thanks in advance :)

7. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Agreed. There are way more clicks than necessary required to do certain things.

Little navigational things as well, like going from a pre-mission screen into your party then having to back all the way out and pick the mission again when you're done organizing your party, are annoying.

Fun game overall though. I dig it.

8. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    #188 James, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    I gather your game is tied to your platform account. Just giving an answer ahead of someone perhaps more knowledgeable, and I may be wrong, so that might be your Google Play account or your iTunes/Game Center account. So in either case, not terribly practical to reroll your starting relic, if that's what you have in mind.

Based on the five-month review shared here at Touch Arcade, though, not sure how much I'd fuss over it.

Yeah, it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game. I would definitely like to see a much more streamlined system for picking party members, though, for the sake of exploiting area-based bonuses. Right now with so few characters it's not much fuss—and I'm focusing on select peeps for now anyway to build up for future challenging events—but it seems like it would be important for the system to be streamlined once numerous additional characters are added.

9. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I know that. I was asking about pairing relics with characters of the same record, not fighting in their record.

Say, for instance I'm in record vii. Cloud gets a boost and the buster sword each individually get a bonus. But is there an added bonus to using record vii relics on record vii characters as well? Or will the same bonus, generally, be obtained by having another party member use the buster?

10. 8-Bit Hero

8-Bit Hero New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Alright, fair enough. I'll look into it a bit more when I have time, and if nothing can be done, so be it. Thanks a bunch :)

11. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Has anyone had success transferring their save from one iOS device to another? I clicked on 'Upload Save Data,' on my iPhone, and tried Facebook. It says I can 'now add other device using Facebook account.' So I start up the game on my iPad, click on Load Saved Game, then Import Save Data, and select Facebook.

"This Facebook account is already associated with a current game. Please use a different account to load another game in progress."

I get the same message if I select Game Center or One Time Code. Yes, game, I KNOW that's associated with a current game. I WANT TO PLAY THAT ON THIS OTHER DEVICE.

12. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    So short. I hope SE gets the rest of the content moving soon!

13. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    What worked for me was doing the one time code, though I was transferring from an iPad to an Android phone.

However, the "one-time code" also has like a 5 minute life, so if you don't use it immediately it expires. Kind of annoying.

14. bolony

bolony Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    This game lags bad on my G3. Works fine on the iPad though and seems to run better on ios in general.

15. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    #195 hincy89, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Does not work for me just stuck at loading!
    Maybe jailbreak protection? Anyone else have this issue? And does flex bypass it?

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's weird. I did GC and it gave me the same message so I just hit PLAY like normal and it auto loaded my save file. It's probably because it autoloads the GC every time you start up an app usually.

17. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    Which story do you guys go through if you wish to grind (with the current content)?

My Tidus and Wakka needs some boosting.

18. struy5

struy5 Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Not bad so far. My income is probably a little more disposable than some, spent $50 on IAP, all but one was 3 Stars. Kind of annoying. Also, if you want to split hairs, its cheaper to buy 300 gems at 2.99 than 900 at 8.99.

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    They really need to update characters. Ik it just came out but comonnn lol

I think a beastiary would be really cool too.

20. kajillion

kajillion Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I just reached the end of the content. Does anyone know how fast updates were released in Japan and if they will keep the same schedule here?