Final Fantasy Games on Sale!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Dailon80, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    According to Appshopper, this is correct for FF 3 & 5 (didn't check the rest), last year in November they went from 15.99 to 10.99 then back up then at Christmas time went down to 7.99.

So you have to ask if waiting a month for a potential savings of $3 is worth it, knowing that you may miss out on saving $5.99 for sure.

Your call.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    IMO, all the FF titles are worth their full price.

But if you really need to save a few bucks to get them, do so.

If you think the price is already acceptable at this point, then it's ok to pay a few more bucks compared to the potential lower drop for december, since these games offer premium experience with huge content and the signature quality of FF titles.

Either way, getting these titles are worth your money, be it at $15, $11, or $8.

That much i would guarantee.

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #23 heringer, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    Honestly, the iOS remake is way better, imo.

Here are my thoughts back when I got the game:

Since then, even my opinion on the graphics changed. The character sprites are the worse offenders, but they grew on me eventually. The battle backgrounds looks vastly better (they really do look lovely) and after having the beautiful portraits in every dialogue, I can't go back to the original, which admittedly has the better art, but not better enough to negate all of the other improvements.

On the iPad the game might look rough, but on my Galaxy S4 (which is roughly the same size of a iPhone 6), I think it looks lovely in motion.

As for the game itself, FFVI is on a whole other league compared to the other games (with the exception of FFT, which isn't on sale anyway).

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I can't wait to make my case for FF5's superiority in its RPG Reload next summer. :)

5. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    FFV is great for it's depth of customization and replay value. You really can play the game in a number of ways.

I can't stand it's cookie cutter story and forgettable cast though.

Unless you are really craving for messing with the ins and outs of a RPG system, it's a pretty forgettable quest.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've only completed FF5 on the SNES, and i really loved it. However, regarding the customization, when you are near the end of the game and you power level everyone, you can max out on each character with each class, which makes "specializing" pointless, since you can take any route in the beginning and end up the same way when maxed out.

7. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    This topic made me start another FFVI playthrough, heh.

This game has the best cast of characters of any FF, imo. Some would argue FFVII has the edge, but not me.

And dat soundtrack... brilliant.

8. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    This makes me want to have some big RPG talkies with you guys, but if I do that today, there won't be a Reload. Let's have one later, though, maybe in the RPG Reload thread.

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Final Fantasy II

I picked up part II as I already have I, Tactics and Dimensions.
    II is very challenging and a lot of different weapons and magic combos.
    I never really liked II that much but now I am finding it to be a lot of fun.
    My fav is not Part 7 although i love it a lot part VIII has always been my fav.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    If you buy FF II on IOS 8 you have to pull the notifications screen at the top down and then back to enable
    sound and it's not full screen but none of that has kept me from enjoying it just a note for those who get it.
    Also some FF games are having issues w 6 and 6 plus.

11. negitoro

negitoro Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Gah.

It's super ridiculous that I have a feeling I want to buy FF4 and FF6 again.

They're among my all time favorite games but I probably owned them in like a half dozen ways now.

12. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    all FF games are on sale again!

FF6 has dropped to $7.99 too!

13. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    You were right! http://appshopper.com/games/final-fantasy-vi

15.99->10.99->15.99->7.99 now

14. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    While other titles do seem tempting to purchase (and I've played most on other consoles), I'm just gonna say that I refuse to buy a title that is not iOS universal. :cough: FF Tactics :cough: Square should change their games accordingly including iPhone6/+ support and with iCloud saving across devices. There is no excuse now. That said FF6, which is iOS universal and with iCloud support is my pick. I'm glad I waited.

15. Psychocandy2010

Psychocandy2010 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Dude...the game is worth four times what it is on sale for just now. Seriously...let it go.

16. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Going to get FF6. Now what's everyone's opinion on ranking of the DQ games?

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    dq8
    dq4
    dq1
    dq2
    dq3

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I would have to agree, but mostly because im not well versed with DQ1-3.

19. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Is DQ8 the highest ranked because it's the newest or more modern? What qualities does it have that pulls ahead of the rest?

I guess in terms of final fantasies on the appstore I'd put 6 the highest since anything 7 and beyond wasn't released on the platform. But it's not because it's the most recent but because it has a story more complex than the previous, bigger cast, etc. So wondering if DQ8 is like that in a sense compared to the older ones.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just like your reason off picking FF6, DQ8 is a huge improvement on the franchise, in terms of almost everything. I played DQ2 back in the day and never had too much interest to complete it, and my next DQ was 8 on the PS2. Loved the game, and prompted me to pick up 3 and 4 but abandoned 3 to spend more time on 4.

I think even if DQ2 and 3 werent to my liking, they were still pretty solid titles. As for the iOS versions, i only have 4 and 8 too. ;)