Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS (Universal app by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. hotpotty

hotpotty Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    Come on SE ... No Game Centre? In an (all told) $30.00 game?

2. DempseyRoll

DempseyRoll Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Is it me.. Or just the game's icon makes it look like a 1$ app..:)

3. hotpotty

hotpotty Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    #83 hotpotty, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Kinda reminds me of a Crystal Defenders spin-off, yeah ...

(pay me no heed - I'm grouchy at the moment)

Still would've appreciated GC, though.

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Enjoyed the prologue but it was over in 1.5 hours. Here's hoping the update comes quickly.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Its still on the PH appstore. or i mightve missed the pull and it was back again. LOL

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I did, too (and it took me about the same time to finish it). I hope the next chapter hits soon.

7. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    It just came back an hour ago I think.

8. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    So I've played half an hour of the prologue and I think underwhelmed would be the correct word with what I think of it. Just seems like a ten a penny Zenonia style game if I'm honest. It's ok but nothing has grabbed me about it.

9. Amerik Masters

Amerik Masters Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    #89 Amerik Masters, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    After downloading and playing (for about 5 minutes) I deleted the game because the graphics and animations look awful. I really looked forward to this game, but for $28 to get the full adventure I quickly deleted and continued with Bastion. Final fantasy 2 iOS is comparable to this game for this style and how it look, but FF2 has much better graphics and animation. #

10. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I enjoyed it a ton, its definitely a Final Fantasy title.

Now to just wait for them to fix the iap issue, TAKE MY MONEY NOW SE!!!

11. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I'm not crazy about the graphical style. Having now played the game, I do think it comes across better than it does in screenshots and videos, but I don't understand why they made the graphics like that. It's not like I mind primitive graphics, in fact I often PREFER them, but when they basically do simple sprites on a high-res engine it looks like an amateur flash game. In contrast, something like Mage Gauntlet actually has some approximation of 16-bit era resolution so it looks better because its worse, for lack of a better explanation. I feel like they would have saved time and money AND made a prettier game--in a way--if they made the game run on an engine that just imitated FF6, perhaps with more contemporary spell animations, but that's about it.

So far the game seems more or less like FF5, which is good because that's one of my favorite FF games, mostly due to the way the job system is set up. Plus with the added benefit of Auto-battle for drudgery segments and decent touch controls, I might actually grow to like this even more. I still have to get further to see though. The story isn't exactly wowing me, but FF5 had a pretty lousy start as well.

12. brittspace

brittspace Member

Jul 26, 2012
    iCloud save?

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm fine w the graphics, but why couldn't they at least give it the reskin like ff3? As it stands this is basically the same game as ff3 except with save points and purchasable fenix downs and ethers, Otherwise same game only far worse graphics for double the price and it's not even accessible right now.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    There's to many downloading it do system over load or at least that's what I hope like the walking dead. Hopefully it won't need another update unless they wanna add stuff

15. Darkness

Darkness Member

Mar 15, 2012
    This game is pretty good, the music is much better than later Final Fantasy games (FFXIII comes to mind) and the job system is just like in FFV which brings a lot of possibilities. Also the combats are much more dinamic (ATB) than FFI-III also in ios.
    The only thing that bothers me about this game is the graphics, i mean, the sprites looks like they were pasted with the background and sometimes seems off, but overall its a pretty damn good game, worth 30$ dolars? maybe not, but it's much better than your regular applestore release.

16. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Honestly, nostalgia is great and all, but I would much rather have had an up to date sequel of final fantasy tactics with a deep job system and beautiful art. The story got me piqued, but there's a reason this battle system and pixel graphics was used 15 years ago - it's out dated. I'm not going to buy the next chapters. Maybe I'll rather plunge on the world ends with you for my square enix fix.

17. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Simply because it's way more work to convert everything to 3d models, then it is to spruce up already existing sprites. The only reason we got this version of FF3 is because it already was out for the DS, and was a simple port job.

18. furuya

furuya New Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2010
    The update is out that supposedly fixes IAP.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The update is out BTW.

20. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina