Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS (Universal app by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. seo25

seo25 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I'm one of the unlucky few that was asleep when it came out and was taken off. And I've been checking the link every few mins to see if it's back up (I've waited ages for this) and now when I click it it don't come up "your request cannot be completed" it comes up with "this is not available on the Australian app store"

So I'm wondering if anyone with other app stores can see it?

2. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Dude.. lol, what? I honestly don't even know how to respond to this. What?

3. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I personally cannot play turn based RPG's on a home console or PC. Too many better games for it that I CAN'T get on my iPhone,3DS or PSP. Also, it is a bonus that you can take it on the go. The touch screen control thing, I have no idea though.

4. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Thing is, I usually don't wait for iOS sales. I don't really have a console most of the year (at college) so it makes sense to go for cheaper ps3 games since I generally end up with a full years backlog of games to play over the summer. But i have my iPad with me all the time, so i usually just buy games right away, granted they dont break the bank. But even if I did wait for sales, SE usually won't take more than a few bucks off a final fantasy game on the app store, not anything really significant.

Idk I would normally be on the other side of the whole price argument, but here I just don't think it's worth it. Give me something original, and I'll pay good money. But this, I really don't consider a triple A quality game, and therefore not worth the inflated price tag. (Just my opinion, not trying to start anything here.)

5. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I'm actually really excited to see this reappear on the app store. Made/developed by square or not, square still put in the time to publish and acknowledge this game as a final fantasy asset. I'll be picking it up when it comes.

6. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    I mean, if we get more releases of the calibre seen in Horn, Bastion and this, I'm happy to pay more. What's wrong with paying Xbox Live Arcade prices when you're getting a comparable experience WITH portability? Particularly when it's currently the only way to really play it. 99 cent games are good and well, but I want polished games with substance too. Anyway, perhaps play the prologue, even chapter 1 and pay chapter-by-chapter?... it's financially manageable that way.

7. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Horn was corrupted/broken by IAP by Zynga though. If we could have more titles with that high production values with a premium price (higher than the relatively cheap $7) but without IAP, that would make developers see that it may actually be profitable and possibly shift the mindset of iOS gamers who won't pay too much for games they feel are sub-par to 3DS/Vita games simply because they are on iOS.

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
  9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Where is it at

10. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Square-Enix pulled the app for some reason. It used to be on the App Store and it was getting ready for a international rollout, but it's gone at the time of writing (9:10pm. PST.)

11. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So guess coming in September?

12. thesmashingone

Jun 27, 2012
    #72 thesmashingone, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    We don't know; Square Enix hasn't said anything about it yet.

Also, if anyone can get a reason (with sources, please) on why Square-Enix pulled the game from the App Store, could you kindly post it? I've been anticipating this title as well.

13. seo25

seo25 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Its out in Australia!!

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    They most likely pulled it due to the IAP purchasing problem.

Btw, it's back in the US store as well.

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #75 kioshi, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  16. Amerik Masters

Amerik Masters Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Still waiting in the US. What other countries have it?

17. Amerik Masters

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Could you post the link for the US?

18. Amerik Masters

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Awesome!!! Just downloaded it. It is true. It was pulled for IAP issues. We can only play the intro, which is free, but can't buy chapter one until they release an update. At least it's free

19. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
  20. thesmashingone

Jun 27, 2012