Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS (Universal app by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Not for me in iOS 6

2. dennislamcv

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    A challenge: How to beat this joker? (After end-game)

I issue this challenge to beat this joker (special boss) in the Void area at Dwarfs area (Forest of Spirits). Please share how to defeat it....;)

Attached Files:

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    You just want someone to beat it so they can say how. The challenge means they win something so what do they win?

4. dennislamcv

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Managed to beat it just now.

Use Paladin, use DoubleHand Ability + Best Weapon available.

Launch Holy Blade -> Ivory Slash repeatedly until it falls. Reward: Miracle Shoes.

Never let it spawn into multiples.

5. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm just starting the game and just got the dragoon sub member but I have unused Jp points what's the best class to use them on?

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Plan to use Jp on maxing 2 jobs per character. You get enough for 3 or more but realistically that's a ton of grinding and 2 are fine. A good method is to have 2 fighters and 2 mages. For the fighters, fighter+any other physical class is good and for Mage I'd def suggest having one of them max out red Mage from the start, then turning that Mage into an offensive magic user. Red Mage takes dedication cuz they are useless about halfway through the game but you want to learn their final skill.

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    So fighter and Mage is best class?

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    No not necessarily, but for the beginning job classes I'd say fighter is the best physical class. After you max it, switch to an advanced physical class like dragoon, ninja or paladin. I prefered paladin and ninja. White Mage is a must for healing but for attack mages u can go with summoner or black Mage, either is a good beginning class altho I prefer the black Mage. But like I said, I worked a lot of the game just trying to max my red Mage on both teams so I didn't use black mages til way later.

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    For some reason i prefer this battle system over ff4, this so fast and no lag, but ff4 is really slow

10. Noblejms

Noblejms Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Hi guys for those who have played both games, which is a better game? Final Fantasy 5 or Final Fantasy Dimensions? How about in the story department? Thanks!

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Download FFD? It is free...

12. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    #252 sabin1981, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    In my opinion, FF5 is the better game. It's longer, has a more involved story and doesn't feel anywhere near as disjointed. FFD was originally a monthly episodic mobile phone game and it feels like it, whereas FF5 was always a singular epic like the rest of the FF series.

No it isn't, only the prologue is free. The original game was prologue + 12 episodes, the iOS/Android version is prologue + 4 chapters. When it launched it was $30 for the 4 chapters, now Square have dropped the price to a far more reasonable $10.

Either way, I still recommend FF5 (janky sprites and all.. *shudder*) as it's overall the better game.

13. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Hey you're right... I wonder if this is an announced sale? I checked the price on Dimensions right before FF5 came out and the other FF games were on sale, and it was still up around $16.

14. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Yeah, it's strange - I just checked the iTunes page and it said that SE lowered the price as a sale for the "upcoming" FFV. I guess they didn't put it back. It also seems like they lowered the non-sale price from $30, then to $20 and finally to $16.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I really like Final Fantasy Dimensions, it's good a good story.
    A while back there was some chatter about Square Enix reviewing it's pricing model and likely reducing prices (a front page article on Touch Arcade and I think Slide to Play), Final Fantasy Dimensions was specifically mentioned but it was never clear if this was definitive... apparently it was but the lack of clear marketing is a bit surprising. I was glad to get Final Fantasy Dimensions for $16, great game.

16. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Story so-so thus far but damn the soundtrack is good!!

17. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    What healer should I plan to use on Dark Side? Is it just White Mage? My party right now is planned to be a dual-wielding Dark Knight, Ninja, dual-casting Magus, and some healer type. What do you say?