Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS II (By SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The auto mode literally just causes your characters to repeat the last action you chose for them endlessly. The only AI involved is if you set one of them to heal, buff, or debuff. They'll attempt to pick the best target. Otherwise it's the same as choosing the memory cursor in FF6 on the SNES and holding down the A button. :p

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I don’t understand people who always use auto battle even if it was “smart” enough. Sure if you have to do a lot of grinding it might come in handy, but what’s the fun in not using strategy to win?

And, yes, I’ve heard people say they play RPGs for the story. I’d say I’d you’re doing that, watch a movie or go read a book!

3. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I don't know about always using it, but I'm not sure how much strategy you need to fight groups of low-level imps and other trash mobs. If FF were better designed and didn't have so many trash mob fights, I would wonder about using auto-battle, but as-is? I could skip through 80% or more of the battles in the average FF game and not miss out on anything of value, TBH.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #84 Dailon80, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Someone asked about upgrading signets and which ones are best to upgrade it really depends on the character and how you are trying to use them
    I love the rapid stone geomancer for Wrieg, the summons for it is very good
    Another good one I have for Wrieg is the Gigantaur and that has the thousand pricks needle summons and who doesn’t love cactuar

5. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    #85 Oscar Streaker, Nov 3, 2017
    Yeah... your awesome “fact-based refutation” was nothing more than stating the game gets more challenging later. You provided no counter to the critique that it’s essentially a jrpg battle conveyor belt, lacking the scope and features of a good RPG. Which btw Shaun’s review more or less confirms, unerring king of gaming guy.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    After fighting the same battle (wave after wave), to grind for Gil and experience, why wouldn’t I switch on auto?! If I don’t, I just have to keep inputting the same attack over and over again. For grinding, auto is amazing. I get to watch and listen without having to monotonously input the same commands more than once.

7. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    That’s what I was saying. For grinding it’s fine but to use it all the time would make the game dull, at least for me. Even if combat isn’t that difficult, ALWAYS using auto battle would mean you’re essentially watching a movie. I play games to actually play them.

But, yeah, when a lot of grinding is needed, sure you’d want to use it for some of that.

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #88 Dailon80, Nov 3, 2017
    Just say no!
    To auto battle haha
    I’m 9 hours 38 mins in and not a single auto battle ha

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Where I stand right now

Attached Files:

10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    U don't play f2p games much do u? Auto battle is God send feature and whoever invented it a genius.. I have been auto-ing this as much as possible lol.

11. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I don’t play most F2P games for the very reason that there isn’t much gameplay to many of them.

Again, it’s great for grinding and I will use it on occasion for that. But what gameplay is left if all you do is auto battle? Using menus to change equipment / skills?

Nah. I like to really play a game and not just sit there and watch it.

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    agree why would you pay $15 for a game and then auto battle it out that's your choice I guess but stupid

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Close to 11 hours now and the battles are longer and a little more challenging now but that makes it even better
    Love having so many abilities to interchange and I usually set them based on what I’m up against
    Not too far back I did feel a ramp up in the challenge but it was welcome

14. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Shaun's Time-Savin' Tips #26: If you auto-battle the mindless fights, it frees your hands to work on another RPG on your PlayStation or 3DS at the same time!

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh, for sure. I will definitely face each new battle and story battle on my own. I mean, that's what I find fun. Although when I'm relaxing, I guess watching the auto redo those battles is fun and peaceful. But yeah, using it all of the time would get old. I mean, it would be like watching a let's play without commentary... which I guess I watch sometimes. But, it is nice to have the option!

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    In lieu of having a Like button on the forums, I LIKE this and give it a thumbs up... while waiting for the battle screen to load, of course.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #97 L.Lawliet, Nov 3, 2017
    I've already proven you wrong and you obviously can't read the review correctly besides you saying you can auto battle the game and it's a snooze fest for you. So why don't you go back and learn how to make actual points of argument and play the game longer than 1 hour, like those of us that have actually done so?

Edit: I notice that you enjoy talking like a smartass. Guess it's hard to find people that will talk respectfully on the Internet rather than start name calling but I guess that's what you deal with online.

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    LOL. Well, there is that...

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Okay I have been doing it all wrong! Auto battle while playing FFXV on XBOX One sounds like a great idea okay I give in and up hahaha
    Shaun wins the internet today or at least this forum

20. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Intereresting notion of proof you have there... Funny you think I’m the one with reading comprehension and debating issues.

Me: “Stripped down to the chassis.”

Shaun: “... the story spends a lot of time going nowhere, and it's probably too simplified and repetitive for its own good...”

Me: “If you’re looking for a real FF adventure, this ain’t it.”

Shaun: “If you come here expecting a normal Final Fantasy game, you're going to be very, very disappointed.”

Me: Simplistic F2P loop minus currencies/timers ≠ full-featured RPG

Shaun: “It's a little too watered down for me to give it too emphatic a recommendation, particularly given the price bracket it's sitting in.”

BTW something I encounter a lot on the internet is self righteous people who can dish it out but can’t take it.