Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS II (By SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    There is a decent summary of features and feedback on Kotaku, which seems to match a blend of the positive and negatives highlighted from people in this thread.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-dimensions-ii-is-nothing-like-the-first-1820043127

I am interested in some additional reviews as people progress more deeply into the game and story. I don't mind cutting out the exploration and others activities that are often high time investment but relatively low value to the story, especially on mobile. That said, I prefer to play games that provide an experience and not just a means of passing time.

Looking forward to more activity here and thanks for the contributions of feedback so far.

2. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Talaen - I agree totally on your comments.

I joined the final fantasy series from 7 through to x-2 (and tactics on iOS). Don’t mind missing out on the free roam if the battle , characters and upgrade systems are handled well.
    I found the story and hero upgrade systems to be the real lure of all the other final fantasy games .

If these are handled in a interesting way them I’m in

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Shaun,
    What say you? Do you like it or not?
    Did you also play it in Japan as a free game?

To answer the content question I’m on chapter 1-3 and I’m over 5 and a half hours in so it has plenty of that also with subquesting and episodic character quests it’s a lot to do. Plenty to keep my busy for the release of FF XV Pocket Edition!

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I played the original version a lot, didn't bother with the relaunch as FFL2. As for whether I like it or not, the review will be up soon. :)

And yes, this game is much longer than you would guess. Maybe too long, haha.

5. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I've played far worse products with the FF name stamped on them. It's kind of hard to see the brand as sacred anymore, IMO. I think my breaking point was The After Years, or maybe Dirge of Cerberus. And to be fair, they really changed a lot with this game from its F2P versions.

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Excellent points
    I feel the content is so heavy that $15 isn’t a bad deal
    I am 7 hours 15 mins in and I’m still on chapter 1
    I think the Japan version I made it chapter 3
    Do you know how many chapter total it has, well maybe I just wait for your review
    Looking forward to it

7. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    #67 Milotorou, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Really looking forward to your review Shaun since im still on the fence for this.

I think ill end up getting it (I cant resist anything with the FF name unfortunately... except All The Bravest... because yeah, its All The Bravest.) But id like to see some constructive criticism :)

Dailon, youre making the game really tempting

8. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Does it support portrait mode?

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I too will buy anything with the Final Fantasy name on it :) I didn't even think about it just paid up and hoped for the best ha

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    landscape only and with good reason

11. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The number of chapters is:
    *****seven*****

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Anxiously awaiting your review Shaun!

Edit: and .... it’s out!

13. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Shaun’s review is up, refuting guy.

14. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Hi all.
    Still hovering over the buy button, undecided.
    Does this have different heros to collect as I'm sure it looked like Yuna in the trailer?
    As in their other free ff games, you had loads to collect and wondering how they would handle this in a paid game.

Thanks

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    There are multiple
    Characters you unlock them through playing the story out I’m about 7 and a half hours in still same 3 starting characters but I’m about to get another one very soon
    If you are that close to buying go for it! Hours of content lovely graphics great battle system check out Shaun’s review it’s worth it

16. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yuna was in the Japanese F2P version of the game as a special gatcha prize. She's not in this version as far as I can tell. This one is more like a usual RPG where new characters join your party through the course of the story.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    And I was right so what's your point? I think you're just digging yourself into a hole at this point, complaining guy.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So for my last attempt to humor, I tested multiple high level battles (many levels above your current level) on auto mode. The AI will use skills occasionally but mostly physical attacks. So I pretty much lost as you might suspect by using auto mode. It doesn't understand how to use heals, defensive skills, or debuffs.

Then someone might argue back, "well..... you can win all the same level / low level battles on auto!" Well that's completely true. And no one refutes that because that's the same in most FF games. Enemies at your level can usually be beaten by just hitting regular attack over and over. Doesn't even matter to me because I don't use auto EVER if I don't have to, and I've been doing it the same way in any regular FF game or FFD2.

So anyways, I keep testing, reading reviews, and my point keeps getting proven so I'm not going to bother arguing over something pointless anymore :rolleyes:

19. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    hey you're a lot further along than i am. which signets do you recommend spending crystals on to evolve?

20. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Im about 4 hours in now... id say : anything.

Seriously the game is easy, not completely mindless easy but still easy, you wont get stuck for upgrading whatever, game wont punish you, do as you please #