Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS II (By SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 31, 2017.

1. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Is there any difficulty here, or can you just auto battle your way through the game?

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It shows you enemy lvl before you choose to go into battle so I'm sure that dictates if you can use auto battle to cheese a win. I personally have never even touched the auto battle button because I hate auto battle in any game.

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    We think alike on that I have never used auto battle in any game that features it and if the game is mostly auto battle like some are these days I don't even consider playing it :)
    when doing subquest make sure you look at the enemy level some may be over your head at the time and you can come back to them later i have ran into a couple already... I am about 5 hours in and I have played it so much my hands hurt today hahahaha
    love the ability to play it in quick bursts

4. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Yeah, pretty much you can. I would normally consider that cheating, but it’s not like you’re employing awesome AI to beat the game, it’s more like you’re simply automating the rote task of pressing one of 2 or 3 buttons that comprise the totality of your battle actions. Lol. Zzzz...

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Still here huh? I can tell you barely have played it since you hated it so much. As I mentioned before, you can't cheese with auto battle unless they're battles you can easily win based on your level. Try auto battling something many levels above you or the arena, probably won't work out for you. I can see your impressions are only true for the very beginning of the game which I mentioned is easy.

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    For those playing it how many hours in are you?
    I’m just a shade over 5 hours
    5 hours and 3 minutes :) so far awesome

7. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Judging by how far you are in how long do you think this game will last for ?

8. midasmulligan

Oct 1, 2015
    How much content do we have here? Do you have to be connected to the internet?

9. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    So eh.. Is this game a continuation of the first one in the series, or is it a self-contained story ala normal FF games?

I've never played the first one (nor the f2p version of this one obviously), so I'm curious if it's worth getting. I'm not too keen on the whole f2p leftover design, but perhaps it'll be fun enough to warrant the cost.

10. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    If youve never played the first, thats what i would suggest, its a little gem, I loved it.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I definitely recommend the first one. It’s worth the price of all the episodes. I’m only an hour into this one, but I’m surprised how fast the hour has gone by. It’s definitely a mobile experience because you can do as little or as much as you want. I miss wandering around, but it is a nice change of pace. It takes some fun battle mechanics, story, and simple menus and really does feel like a fun game. I’m also enjoying the music. This isn’t your typical FF game. It feels a little bit like mixing FFD with FFBE. But I’m glad Dailon spoke so highly of it. It’s been a good night of gaming!

12. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    So what you're saying is that it's like Final Fantasy 6 and 7

13. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    What, is my having an opinion making it hard for you to hold court in your forum? #

14. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Saying that only tells me he is right, you didnt deny anything he said right ?

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This isn't a good game for the price it's asking. I was expecting some kind of similarities to final fantasy series... Oh nooo. This game at best similar to record keeper. And even record keeper has far better features and graphics than this. Very disappointed. I don't understand why it turns this kind of game mechanics into a premium game. It has all the features of a free to play game. I didn't play the first one I am sure it's the same shitty move stage X kill monsters repeat etc.
    If u expecting a FF game where it has great story, moving around talking to people randomly attacked by monsters. Then do not bother.

16. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015

The first FF Dimensions is actually a full-fledged final fantasy game, absolutely no f2p gimmick in it, you could almost call it "Final Fantasy V-2", it uses the same job system than ff5 almost, it plays like FFs from the 4-6 era.

They shouldnt have named this Dimensions 2 because IMO they have NOTHING in common.

17. midasmulligan

Oct 1, 2015
    This or ffv given how close they are in price

18. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    FF5, easily.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Lol.

I only refuted your opinion with facts but I guess I was right on the money anyways.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey Shaun u been playing RPG your entire life.. tell us how did square pull off this man? Turning a completely free to play game into a premium game and using the final fantasy theme. First class act!