Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS II (By SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 31, 2017.

1. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Would love some impressions from you - was it worth the $15? Is it fully premium?

2. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #22 Saucepolicy, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    That's not entirely true. Final Fantasy Dimensions II = Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō (never released in the West) minus the freemium bits, which they've now renamed as Final Fantasy Legends II in Japan. Otherwise it's the same game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Dimensions
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Legends:_Toki_no_Suish%C5%8D

3. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    The question someone have to eventually ask : Does it support MFi controllers ?

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    As someone who has played Japan version and this one and also love brave exvius it’s super awesome I hope one day they do this to brave exvius I would gladly pay

5. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Still have an iPad Air so can’t even get it,won’t buy another iPad.

6. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Eh ?

They say iPad 2 and above.... your iPad Air is much more recent and performant than a iPad 2.

You can get the game with absolutely no worries.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Love the cutscenes and story parts
    Most of all the graphic style is great
    Battle system is sort of a kingdom hearts style and I like that as well
    You can play long or quick sessions
    It’s way better as a premium than a free game

8. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So do you need to play the first dimensions before this one in terms of story? And since this used to rely on free to play elements, how story heavy is this? Or are there obvious parts of the game where it drags because the game was originally just trying to make you feel weak so that you'll spend?

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Read the requirement properly.. it's super low. Your air will make the protagonist a superman

10. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    so can you confirm if this is fully premium? no IAP of any sort?

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Guilty as charged! I don't even want to mention how much I spent on this game >_>

==========

Anyways, I'm enjoying this game quite a bit. It's actually the most "pick up and play" FF I've ever played, but that makes a lot of sense considering it used to be f2p so they had stamina bars.

Graphics and animations are beautiful. This is what I wish Kemco games would look like. The sprites are designed so they can make lots of movements/gestures, which generally is superior to the original 2D counterparts. The battle magic and skills are cool and flashy, making it a fun to play. MP recharges after each battle so you can freely use all the skills at your disposal. Music is also top notch. The UI is very intuitive and people that enjoy quick battles or more battles will definitely enjoy this.

As for the story, I can't say for sure. Pretty basic at the moment but I heard Dimensions 1 was really good with their story so we'll see if this picks up. I'm expecting a fairly long game but we'll see. Can't really put any judgement on this part yet.

Now for the cons - the game doesn't have a free roam world map. It's all nodes. However if you think about it, that makes sense for f2p since to use stamina, they can't have you doing random battles all over the place. So basically it's a map and you have nodes for battles / story missions you can choose. I would prefer a map but this is how f2p affects RPGs unfortunately. Also about over an hour in and the game is too easy at the moment, will see if it picks up. Then lastly, I know they were trying to make the menus look "classic" with the blue boxes but they end up looking cheap and ugly imo - they should just re-design them for a contemporary look.

Overall, worth the purchase. I'm going to have to keep playing to see if it holds up. So far it's pretty addictive since it's easy to pick up and play more so than an average FF game where you have to sit down and delve a good amount of time. So I'd recommend this for FF fans and casual gamer fans who don't have a lot of time. Though I still need to play more to give a 100% verdict - the quality of the story and game length are the last things I want to know.

12. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    thanks for the info - and taking one for the team

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I was answering someone who wanted to know if FF Legends was ever released here. And it was, under the name Dimensions. Same game, different name, as my Square-Enix link showed. I wasn’t talking about this sequel, which wasn’t originally called Legends II until now, as you point out. Thanks for the links, though!

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    None :)

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I watched the video and cried.....no Prelude #

16. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Anyone tried an MFi controller yet ? I have the feeling they are not supported but id still like confirmation.

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Love the subquesting and the story episodes for the characters to improve their skills this game is deep and provides tons of play time

18. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Avoid

Stripped down to the chassis. If you’re looking for a real FF adventure, this ain’t it. The game is a shallow, brain-dead bore. Simplistic F2P loop minus currencies/timers ≠ full-featured RPG. F Squenix for this lazy money grab, and F me for buying it. #

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You are letting the fact it was once a FTP cloud your judgement, I played it both ways and it's great now as a premium if they had left it as a FTP it would be a shameless money grab... this is a made for mobile FF game and a good one. I am 4 hours in and still on Chapter 1-2 and it seems like this will have more battles/content than a typical FF release. There is no IAP in this one either so the only money they are grabbing is the $15 price tag and when you consider the mountain of a content its a steal at that price. I will admit though that I love all things FF it's my favorite series in gaming so maybe it's just me.

20. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    It’s 20$ cad in the Canadian app store so quite costly for a former freemium game.Also,for people who played it,is the story,gameplay and soundtrack worth it or not?