Universal FINAL FANTASY (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I can't test this until I get home but can let you know then.

2. jcervasio

jcervasio Member

May 9, 2012
    Yeahhhh. So wait. What's the call on this? I mean it's technically Feb 10 in Japan...so I'm assuming that's what they were going with.... ??

3. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I'm assuming that it's listed as the 10th due to the games release in Japan and their times compared to ours. I don't see them deciding to drop the price starting tomorrow. It would put the price at about $21, which is more than reasonable for this title.

4. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

5. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    How is it?

Impression please!? I'm 16 hour flight to thailand next month, this would be perfect for it. I want to grab it while it's on sale :)

6. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Great, thank you!

7. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    my moga xbox-a-like controller is playing nicely with ffix

8. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Omg childhood nostalgia!

If this is released i hope chocobo dungeons will come soon, this game plus that game have been in my heart <3

9. Mist17

Mist17 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I want it, but it's 26.99 here in Australia

10. Prowl

Prowl New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    SteelSeries XL controller compatible? (Final Fantasy 9 iOS)

Tried playing FF9 with my Steel Series Stratus XL and all that works is the directional pad, not any input buttons. Anyone else get any luck?

11. TeddyCore

TeddyCore New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    I have the game installed on an iPad pro and trying to use the new Steelseries Nimbus controller, but the mapping seems all messed up. The left stick is the only thing that works as it should, however none of the face buttons do anything and the D-pad has left mapped as start and down mapped as select.

So, basically, I can walk around and navigate menus with the left stick, and pause the game with D-left, and that's it.

The controller works perfectly with Final Fantasy VII on the same iPad, as well as dozens of other games I have installed. Anyone else get this?

12. Prowl

Prowl New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Having the same issue with my iPad Air 2. :(

13. TeddyCore

TeddyCore New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Yeah, it's annoying since obviously it has MFI support as it recognizes the controller input, but for some reason the mapping is all off.

Strange, as my understanding was that the MFI standard was supposed to eliminate the confusion of different mappings on different brands of controllers by forcing all compatible games and controllers to conform to a single unversal API.

I guess I was wrong?

14. Prowl

Prowl New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I can't imagine playing this on an iPad Pro with the onscreen buttons. :) Such a great game though.

15. Canthar

Canthar Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    How is the game overall? Quality port?

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I wouldn't hold my breath on a quick fix if you're having Mfi issues. Square Enix sadly seems to take a one and done approach to their game releases with no bug fixes and very lengthy waits for more critical issues such as iOS system upgrades breaking their games.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I can see it getting patched in a few months. FFVII wouldn't rotate when it was released, just like FFIX, but a few months later it was fixed in an update. I'm sure they'll update this since they took the time to update the graphics and incorporate touch controls. It'll just be a matter of time, I imagine.

18. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Guess I'll be waiting to pick this up then - or might just stick with it on Vita. No way I'm playing this on my iPad Pro without a gamepad! Thanks for the updates, all.

19. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    For those wanting impressions...
    Have you played this game before?if you have and you liked it and then you will really love this version! Better graphics and new touch controls which honestly makes it easier when you're in a battle...
    If you have never played this game it's a classic and this version only being 16.99$ is a steal considering the ps one version in good condition costs more.
    It does quicksave. As for saving there is 10 save files each with 3 individual files which is really great! Much better than the treatment part vii got.
    Small things are pluses you can skip cut scenes if you want to (I don't )
    ATE is also in this version too
    Get it!

20. TeddyCore

TeddyCore New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    What's puzzling to me though, is that someone mentioned it working well with a Mad Catz controller. If it works with one MFI setup, shouldn't it automatically work with others? As far as I know, from the game's point of view, all MFI devices should look the same.

Am I missing someting?

Please enlighten me if someone here knows how this stuff actually works.