Universal FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, May 13, 2016.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Does anyone know how chaining work exactly? I only have it activated on rain and the other guy. But not with companion and my black mage

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    CHAIN will occur when multiple units attack consecutively. When CHAIN occurs, damage inflicted to an enemy will increase.

Element chain is Two or more units < with the same attribute> dealing damage to the enemy. (ex: two blizzard spells)

3. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Ah OK thanks

4. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Dont worry too much about it, chaining isnt an important part of combat. In the tougher battles its all about what spells and status effects to use and when to heal etc. Pretty much just like regular FF.

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ

In this same boat to the tee. I have several RK chars at 80 with soul breaks/super soul breaks, all 5/6 level weaps, armour and accessories, and all my spells in the 4/5 areas. I have played that game so much. I'm downloading this and trying it, but I simply can't imagine this being any more fair that RK is, because RK has set an extremely high standard for fairness in F2P games AS A WHOLE.

6. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    This game is so much harder than record keeper.. Having a team mate dying is quite common ## not in RK where there's a chance every end of a battle u get healed.

BTW does formation play important part here?

Also why is chaining not important? I notice if u don't tap fast enough u can't chain it.. But on the next round if u tap repeat it will chain. If u want to chain it the first time u need to tap it fast.

I really enjoy the game a bit of hybrid of the classic FF where u go town enter houses and pick up equipments u can do it here too.. Never found once in a f2p game before lol

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Have played for 10 minutes and here's my thoughts.

ORIGINAL GAMEPLAY MY D*CK. STOP WITH THIS FREEMIUM SH*T AND START DEVELOPING VALKYRIE PROFILE III ALREADY. YOU TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS MAKING FF CHARACTERS PLAY WITH VALKYRIE PROFILE COMBAT. STILL. WAITING.

8. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I don't fully understand all the negativity. If you like the social RPG games found on mobile then this one is awesome. Sure, I would love an all new FF but that will never happen. I'd rather enjoy this for a while than play a $15 port of an old FF that has been released on every system since it first came out. I've played them all and love them but a port is just that, a port. At least the DQ games were completely made for mobile. Anyway, minus the energy system (which I always hate) this is pretty cool & the newest/freshest think you're going to find from Square.

9. Gotta say that this game has some of the more ham-fisted exposition – largely by not-Yasha – I've read in such a short period. Out-&-out telling not-Shulke "erryone knows u so gud", and then the visions introduction... bah.

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    If I had to guess? It's a hero collector, like record keeper. You collect final fantasy characters, like record keeper. You equip and upgrade them, like record keeper. And then record keeper has a much much fairer iap system, game overall feels less complex and every single character in the entire game is readily available for you without spending a time or waiting an eternity for a random chance chest pull.

Record keeper does just about everything here, better.

Now that said, I'm enjoying this one, I just as a record keeper player find myself comparing the two continuously and am always finding record keeper to be the better free-2-play final fantasy collector. _shrugs-

Others results may vary :)

11. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Can someone tell me about these metal chests please. Are the keys obtainable through gameplay or through IAP?

12. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    I think it's too early to tell if record keeper is better or fairer in terms of IAP unless u been playing this for a long time.

13. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Such a beautiful experience!

Pulled all 3-4*'s but I got a 5* Leo!

14. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Having played brave frontier for around a year (stopped about 6 months ago) i would say FFRK is definitely the best im terms lf "fair f2p" model.

Brave frontier is definitely the second one ive played yet though, its very fair compared to pretty much everything else out there, in one year i spent 20$ and i had a very good team with a lot of advantages, i didnt even spent that 20$ because i felt forced but just because i felt like spending a bit. I spent 25$ on FFRK too so...

If its anything like brave frontier (looks like it so far) they wont shy out on premium currency, they will often have events running where you can earn rare items/summon tickets/premium currency.

Yes theres a business model... like all f2p games, but in this it really doesnt look all that bad. Theres way worse than this.

Just my two cents.

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This made me lol. Hahaha

My negativity simply comes in the form of "this plays, looks, feels, and has every bit of Valkyrie Profile blood running through it, in the form of another FF F2P and I have been really waiting for them to bring back Valkyrie Profile because one of my Favourite series of all time".

It's not that I don't enjoy this. I like it a lot, so far. I like RK more, so far. I enjoy them both for different reasons. But I hate hate HATE that at this point it's like a slap in the face to Valk fans XDDDDDD

16. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #116 Montanx, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Both, you can eventually craft the keys or buy bundles of them with lapis. You earn lapis in the game through stages, daily quests and coliseum rewards.

I played the soft launch for awhile now. Never had ability to make iap since it was Swedish App Store so haven't spent a dime. You get plenty of premium character pulls, lapis to expand inventory and friend list, I got a bundle of 30 keys for 1500 and still have over 3k. The game is extremely f2p friendly. Zero push to spend, zero vip nonsense.

You get characters and evolve them, like many other games. This process is painless and you can easily grind the mats needed to take a 3* to a 5*. It's not locked behind hundreds and hundreds of "bios" like marvel future fight for example. A 3* top tier character that you raise to 5* is the exact same as if you pulled him at 5* to start. So there is no "well he's good but you REALLY want to pull a 5*.". I know all the f2p tricks and gimmicks. This game doesn't have any of that.

17. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    BTW I did a pre reg. And it says I supposed to receive some 5-6 stars cards.. Anyone getting those?

18. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    We got tickets and lapis, 5* is the max right now. Pulling a 5 star is very rare, but easy to raise 3 to 5.

19. MattCason

MattCason Member

Jun 30, 2016
    My Friend ID is 441,289,550 for anyone who wants to add me via Search For Friend. Account name is Aeric.

Have been at this several months now and, quite rare for social RPGs/time management games am not the slightest bit bored with it yet. There is a HUGE amount of depth, most of which you will unlock by leveling up your account a bit. It is not just a matter of auto-resolving battles and min/max number crunching. Crafting, espers (which level up and train skills independently from the members of your party, exploration dungeons that play like a proper Final Fantasy with treasure chests and random encounters, it keeps me coming back daily.

And as others have mentioned, FFBE is very non-IAP friendly. I couldn't buy anything thru the Swedish store during soft launch, but even if the option had been available I had no need for it. Lapis (the game currency) comes fast and furious and I have never needed to shell out a dime. Haven't even been tempted, a rare thing particularly from a freemium game by a major publisher.

I think this has some huge legs on it. After months of playing daily I am still refining, leveling up, and perfecting my team of characters. It is rare in this day and age for any game to command my interest for long, and I don't think any other has with the intensity FFBE does. I find myself sneaking every spare moment I can to log in and play. That is the surest mark of a good game, in my book.

I highly recommend it!

20. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    This just got me pretty damn excited. My initial thought were that it had that vibe, but f2p or not that got me way more excited.

I owe apple money so I can't download it yet :(