Universal FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, May 13, 2016.

1. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    OK, here's my experience so far.

The game was released straight into maintenance' but as SQEX said at E3 they were trying to please everyone by getting it out earlier than expected. Then we went into extended maintenance which is now complete.

Obviously the rush to get into the game has broken everything for many, so perhaps we will need to be patient once again. Plenty more going on in my life, so no panic.

Maybe a slightly delayed release could have prevented some of this, and maybe not. If the problem is just that the game is wildly more popular than expected, then I don't know how you legislate for that.

I shall wait, and connect as and when. After all, I wasn't expecting this game this morning!

Chill chill.

2. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Yep give it some time.

Anyone know if they added the rest (or more) of the story and released more of the characters? In the soft launch I got up to the end and kept farming to summon but for the most part kept summoning the same heroes. I remember some were saying they limited the different kinds of heroes you can summon for soft launch

3. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    So I've been playing the Beta for a bit, and I would estimate there are probably 50 total heroes to find (not including the various * variations). They recently opened up access to the Second Continent, but not sure past that since I'm still working my way through the story.

If I had to sum up this game in a word? RPG-Lite.

Also, the maintenance was in preparation to launch globally, so we should have this in the US store this week.

4. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    You mean it should be stable some time this week, as it's already in the US stores.

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Do I have to wait for the NRG bar to fill up to do anything or is there anything else to do even if it's empty?

6. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    How do I see the pool of available rare gatcha characters? Is it just the ones currently in the banner, or os that just generic?

7. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Blah.

Story, story, story, story
    Battle (tap) (tap) (tap)
    Win (earn millions in cash and useless prizes)
    Story, story, story, story
    Rinse, wash, repeat.

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Thats generic. Dig deeper, theres a reddit page and lots of info online. Some of it may be for the japanese version which is ahead in content so be aware.

9. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I understand your point and i don't disagree completely.
    I found funny that you basically described every single JRPG ever made, though.
    I just started, so i still have to make my idea about it, but i wouldn't give it 1star.
    The overall polish in graphics and gameplay is there.
    Along with what we all came to expect from a mobile social rpg.

10. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Brand new to mobile and gacha gaming I see. Like first day brand new apparently.

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I absolutely looove the presentation, graphics and music are stellar. But this game feels too much like a business model for me, rather than a great Final Fantasy game. They really got me on the hook within the first minutes, but I strongly feel this game isn't about one great adventure, it's about making me become addicted, come back and just keep playing and farming and collecting. So, I simply deleted it :) And now I feel bad and great at the same time.

My only guilty pleasure regarding games like that will remain Terra Battle. There at least the gameplay is kind of fresh and simply entertains me too much to delete it although I have a lousy group, hate re-rolling and cannot progress for ages :D

12. NickyNichols

Jul 7, 2012
    Apparently. I own all the FF games on iOS and these free ones don't even measure up in any way.

13. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    They are gacha squad builder games, not jrpgs or trying to measure up to traditional jrpgs. Dif kinds of games entirely.

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Initial impressions : I see some features in this game that I would love to see in record keeper... but the fact that record keeper takes place in the actual final fantasies themselves adds much charm to RK thats missing here.

Hopefully I'll keep at both equally but if I'm ever forced to pick one free-2-play final fantasy over the other, at this moment my vote would be for record keeper.

15. NickyNichols

Jul 7, 2012
    I would be good with that if it had any element of fun. My 10 tickets unlocked me 3 5-star guys and a couple 4-star and 3-star guys and I'm mowing through everything without any effort, skill, or talent whatsoever. If these games are fun to you, I'm really sorry for offending you, apparently it's just not my style of game, especially when it uses a franchise that I have been a fan of for nearly 30 years.

16. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Please stop fighting guys. If you like it play it. If you don't, well, move on.

For me I've only just got the thing up and running, but I'm sure it will be good, in a business model sort of way. Plenty of Final Fantasy stuff coming up on console, and this might do for a month or two.

17. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Its not a genre for everyone. FF record keeper, brave frontier etc are their own kind of preference. I dont care too much for them really and this is the first one I have played for more than a couple months.

18. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    No fighting, I just get very mildly annpyed when someone dumbs down a game that does not fit their preferred genre because it uses the name but not the traditional gameplay.

Mocking post #87 in this thread-
    Diablo is just click here, click there, loot this blah blah.

Zelda is just swing sword here, open chest there, blah blah repeat, story, story.

Final fantasy 7 is just walk here, talk to this person, blah blah, get items, fight Seph here, yada yada.

See what I mean? You can say that about any and every game.

19. spedav

spedav Active Member

May 24, 2011
    I was hoping this would have a payment model more like record keeper but it doesn't sound like it.

I've been really into iOS gaming since the 3GS and I think record keeper is one of the most fair f2p games out there. They give so many free crystals I always have enough to keep playing and still save some to save for the mythril randoms.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I absolutely love this game!!! The graphics wow!!! It has a much better presentation than record keeper! The battle is also better and I like the chaining part while I don't completely understand it. Still trying and very very early in the game!