Universal FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, May 13, 2016.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey there use safari to do it not app.. This app is reading your cookies settings not the app settings. So basically use safari login to the new account and u are set.

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    So, ok, I have to admit, I tried again and fell in love. Sprites and music are just too amazing! And I just finished the current storyline, have now 4 Espers and I'm still motivated to prepare and upgrade my group till the next extansion hits. The fantastic touch implementations make it the handiest FF game on mobile. And all that rerolling talk is utter bullcrap, I kept my starter group including the two main protagonists (I'm not a collector) and instead of collecting characters, I used all new ones for upgrading my team. And the game is beatable perfectly fine so far, with a bit of XP grinding in the Vortex.

I spent only 3 bucks for filling up the timer a few times, since I was just having too much fun progressing.

Again, I'm in love now. Tons of FF magic under a fair freemium hood.

3. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    You're playing the early game bro.

Glad you're enjoying it, but you'll hit a pay wall sooner or later. It's inevitable that unless you get some top tier units you're gonna be locked out of some content. Might just be some events and bosses, but it'll happen.

4. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Managed to,pull one of the new characters, Golbez, he's a Mage, looks like an Exdeath clone, not sure how useful he will be but he can go to a 5* character evo.
    Didn't pay any money, had just saved up enough lapsis for two rolls and out he popped!

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    At least I'm playing the game ;) and do not waste time endlessly rerolling. Reminds me of rage-quitting a digital pinball game over and over again when the first ball drains early. I've seen pretty much everything the game has currently to offer, so I'm already deeply satisfied. Should I miss some extra bosses or missions because of a pay wall, I'm happy to miss it then.

6. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Nothing wrong with that. It's a valid way to play the game.

So is putting in an hour or three for a much stronger party.

Point is you either play normally and accept you'll probably be locked out of content later, or you do some resetting and give yourself a much greater chance of not getting stuck in a paywall. Your definition of "playing" is different than some others.

Just a preference, and no need to slander one play style or the other.

7. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Really enjoying this game f2p currently. I haven't been terribly efficient with my time, given that I really only play a few hours a day. So, I'm still in the early c-stages in the coliseum. Also, haven't finished the main story line yet, although that will be coming soon. However, I am going to begin farming mats soon for awakening and am looking forward to getting my Cecil and firion up to 5*.

Currently running firion, Cecil, cyan, fina, and Edgar. But I have 5500 lapis just waiting for their first pull promotion. I hope it's soon. I've got the itch to see some more crystals cracking.

8. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    #268 Cronk, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Fighting the same temptation for a 11-ticket pull. Got like 7k gems and waiting for the first good promotion as well, and hanging on to gems since I'm hopeful there'll be a bonus to the 11-ticket chest purchase at some point before then.

I'm stupid caster heavy atm so gotta wait for a good tank/attacker grouping.

Edit: spending a fair amount of lapis on stupid crap like material expansions. Already did that like 5x, and for the most part I don't have over 99 of an item so it's just a crapton of material types. Kinda annoying since it's another vehicle to make you spend lapis. Not a big deal now when it's flowing in but that'll change soon.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I think the first pull promotion is right now actually. I did just a handful of draws (like 7 or 8?) and got 3 Kefkas and 2 Golbez (Golbezes, Golbez', what's the plural there?).

Yeah I'm in the same black magic boat. I had Exdeath and now have Kefka and Golbez. I have some decent healers but no great support and my only decent physical unit is Kain. I was doing my draws now in hopes of Chizuru but got everything else...

10. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yes!! I was saving 5 of the free 11 summon tickets and got bartz, kefka, terra and 5* chizuru. For a f2p player it's going extremely well.

11. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm in the opposite situation. I have no good casters. I might bite on this promotion. I haven't made up my mind yet. Chizuru seems like he'd be a long-term character. And he'd replace my cyan, giving me a pretty solid front line. Plus kefka would make a great upgrade and decent placeholder on the back line. But I'm tempted to wait for the release of some of those top tier guys from the Japanese version.

We'll see how I'm feeling in the morning.

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    They're not total endgame it seems but they're solid units with decent drop rates. 2 good casters and a good melee.

If you need a black Mage it's worth a ticket or three IMO.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #273 Royce, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    According to the wiki they're the 1st, 7th, and 13th ranked units. Is there a better place to find unit ranking, evaluation, etc.?

Edit: here is an interesting analysis of the 3:
    https://m.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/4s0lt4/unit_analyses_golbez_kefka_chizuru/

Basically Chizuru is the new top physical unit. Kefka is the second best mage, and better than Exdeath against a single target, and Golbez is strong but essentially a weaker Exdeath. At least that's what I got out of it. In addition, if the comments are to be believed, while Kefka and Golbez seem to be pretty easy pulls (at least during this event), Chizuru is exceedingly rare.

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    They fall off later on but this could still take a couple of months. Upcoming content definitely requires a bunch of mages due to physical absorb which will be introduced in the long run.

15. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Spot on really. Aside from official forums I reference this site:-

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Chiz is certainly the one to aim for, but a very rare drop as you say.

16. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    I use some Japanese site on the ffbe subreddit for my rankings of future content. Chizuru is rated a 93/100. But there are some units coming out eventually that create their own tier (Gilgamesh, lightning, and 2 others). Even better than our exdeaths and cecils.

I used a free ticket I got as a daily reward and got kefka. Got lucky because that role was the one I needed most. I think I'll wait for my 11x pull.

17. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I really don't see the hype about bartz besides the fact that he can equip anything. Does he have any moves that makes him special?

18. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    This is what I used, and kefka/golbez both rank low atm, probably because neither have a 6* form. They don't rate that great in the 5* area either.

Both seem easy to get and worth having if you need a black Mage tho. Just saving my big pulls for the later top tiers.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    He gets the most powerful physical skill, barrage, at level 78, and his trust reward is doublehand, which is supposed to be pretty good.

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Well yes, but it also depends on which role they fill. E.g. Cecil is ranked on 5 in overall ranking but he's still the best tank available in jp atm.