Final Drift Project

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CST511

CST511 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Manufacturing Sales Management
    Oklahoma
    Hello Civigames! Just wanted to let you know that the tutorial is very easy to complete and I do not foresee others having problems getting through this first section of the game. The graphics are awesome and although the car physics took a little getting used to, they eventually became comfortable to manage while using accelerometer and/or buttons. I can tell that there is a lot of content yet to be unlocked and acquired as to keep the player interested for quite some time. As always, you guys have introduced another great game and I am happy to have the chance to test it prior to release. If I had any complaints it would be that the game lags pretty badly on my iPad. I am using an iPad Air and after a couple races the lag gets so bad that my device will crash and the game will have to restarted. Hopefully you guys are considering adding a graphics level that can be adjusted in menu settings? Other than that, the game is a blast, fun to play but hard to master! Great job guys!

2. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hey Tygart, thank you very much for your feedback :) We are glad you like the game so far, and we really appreciate you help us pointing out the issues with the game. We will P.M. you a promocode for iAPs once the game is out. ;)
    Following your feeds, we are going to add a less demanding graphics setting for weaker devices. When the game was firstly written, we could hardly reach 30 fps on iPhone 6S.
    It was half of november at the time, and we decide to rewrite some of the code in order for the game to run smoother.
    What we achieved is that now the game stays at 60fps even on iPhone 6S, without sacrificing anything from the graphical point of view. :) We just had to rewrite a large chunk of code in order to support Metal instead of OpenGL 3.0.
    Did you notice if there are levels that make your iPad struggle more than others? (i.e. we think that "The Harbour" scene is more demanding than the other two in terms of processing power)