Universal Final BETA: Metro tower

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jblakeharris, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jblakeharris

jblakeharris Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Dallas, TX
    I'm looking for beta testers for this game, which I hope to release soon.

First things first - I am an artist and illustrator and have little experience creating games, but I’m pretty convinced coding is going to have as much impact on the art world as the camera did a century ago. So here I am.

This game was inspired by the old computer simulation games from the late 90s. The objective is to build a tower and attract residents. To keep your residents happy, you’ll need to supply basic amenities like elevators and a parking garage. Happy residents produce rent income, so you can keep adding floors to the tower.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wanted to avoid some things I dislike about many iOS games. For one, there is no built-in tutorial level; exploration and attentiveness should make the gameplay obvious. There is little benefit to leaving the game running unattended for periods of time. While doing so does collect rent, I made the residents a little ornery; they’ll throw food, trash, even computers out the windows, costing you. Elevators and other amenities will break down, and require repairs. And finally, I will not be adding any in-app purchases, or doing anything sneaky - the game collects absolutely no user data, (however it is connected to Apple’s GameCenter).

What's new in this beta:
    People: A completely new cast of characters will move in (and out) and offer tips on what would make your tower better. They also tend to throw their trash out the windows, which could cost you if you don’t stay on top of it.

Disasters are back: Fires, robberies and other minor catastrophes.

Happiness feedback: the big build(…) and shop(+) buttons now change colors to reflect the happiness of people on the floor you are viewing.

Better memory handling: animations and movements should be more smooth.

Changes to your bank account are now visible when the changes happen.

Thank you!