Universal Fighting Fantasy Legends (by Nomad Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Eddie Riff

Eddie Riff Member

Aug 1, 2017
    I finished COT and WOFM on Hardcore Legendary and got all the way to Balthus who was on 3 stamina and beat me. Cannot wait to give it another go.

The Trolls at the end of COT are TOUGH.

I'm guessing that there is a true path to beating Balthus but it's eluded me so far.

2. jaxon58

jaxon58 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Fatnose and Sourbelly are tough indeed! They make sure no-one sneaks into Port Blacksand via the back (North) door.
    Jumping over the wall or using a Merchant Pass is your best option until you're strong enough.

3. chrishanson

chrishanson New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    Good

looks cool, gonna give it a try

4. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Jaxon does that mean the game can potentially become freemium or just not supported?

5. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I just bought the game and seriously there is a lot to love about this game a lot of fun. Hope you guys continue to support!

Guys on the fence get it

6. Eddie Riff

Eddie Riff Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Have you tried it on Hardcore yet?

7. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    No still on my first run picked no curse and love going through it I gave my hero 17 HP but more skill

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Where is the Hags hair and the tattoo parlour?

9. Eddie Riff

Eddie Riff Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Hag's hair is in a sewer.

Tattoo Parlour is near the exit to the city.

10. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #50 nkx, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    I went into the sewer and never does the witch hag show up it's just random other characters

Never mind finally got the hags hair good game thus far and enjoying it regretting clicking attack on jeweller

11. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Yeah, I am absoluuuuutely loving this game! God it's great and I just can't put it down...even when I need to go to bed etc...I want just one more run through Dire's tower or the city...which usually becomes 4-5 + more runs ahaha.
    I really really hope the game is popular enough and sells well and we get stuff like new characters, an extra main objective, new items etc etc.
    I love the mystery grab bag in the pawn shop lol, I maxed out and have apparently bought every item in the bag. One amazing item you can get there are the winged shoes. I really like how weapons and items play out in the game and the above mentioned one has gotta be one of my favs so far.
    My only criticism is the little repetitiveness of going through the city and other locations, but even that is still ridiculously fun. I just think more locations and having other cities open up for exploration like the city of thieves is would be really great.

12. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Yes! ^^THIS!

13. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Oh, I'm pretty sure they will surely review the game. If they don't I would be really surprised and confused.

14. Eddie Riff

Eddie Riff Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Play it on Hardcore: it becomes so strategic and genuinely exciting. Hardcore Legend requires finessing your way through the city a few times and a tiny bit of luck on the first pass. If you meet the Vagabond Leader on the first pass you've probably had it!

15. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Lol, I'll bet! I definately plan on playing the harder difficulty settings after I finish my initial play through. I thought, iirc, that the higher difficulty setting was only available upon first completion right? As far as rogue-liking it...I'll never do it. I have never really enjoyed those kinda perma death games etc. But a steep increase in overall difficulty? Hells yeah.

16. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    We'll always support the game in terms of stability and making it sure it works ok for everyone. I meant that before deciding whether or not add more content we would check that everyone is happy with the game itself. We've introduced quite a lot of new things compared to the books and the other Fighting Fantasy apps, so we wanted to see how well those things were received before planning anything.

17. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    I like Hardcore mode too, as the game feels like it becomes much more strategic and relies more heavily on what you've learned about all of the encounters. Each step you take is more stressful early on and you feel like you're creeping your way through the game.

18. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Is there an "end game" with this once you've levelled up your dice, or do the main quest lines remain completed and you have to start again?

19. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yes, they surely will. ;)

20. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    You can play as long as you like. The three main books have major quests but you can carry on after you have completed those. This allows you to find any creatures missing from your codex or titles you haven't unlocked.