Universal Fightback - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Patrick@Chillingo

Patrick@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hi everyone! If you have any questions about Fightback let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Also, happy holidays! :)

2. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I hate timers at all and never have the patience to play games with them on, but at least in towns/towers/farms building games makes much more sense because of the slower gameplay and the target (it's ''logical'' to wait for your corn seeds to grow up for example). But when i m seeing timers in games with intense action (racers, fighting games, rpg's) i m getting mad not because only is not fit but because in most of the cases you ll never know that you lose a race because you didn't good enough to win and you have to practice more or you just hit a small wall that with 0.99 you buy a better car and you ll be No1 in seconds. The bad news is that with the success of CSR, RR3 and maybe Trials Frontier a lot of companies will go this route for ANY classic or not, gaming idea.
    As for the game i am by the side of the people here saying that, it has top notch production values with very polished graphics, very good hero animations and fast/intense fights.... but the timers ruins all the fun... Imo it would be more fair if for example you had timers, but just to upgrade items or stuff or maybe to wait when you have to move in a new area, but you can practice again and again in the tower that you already are... At least with this method you ll had something to do while you are waiting for the timer to pass...
    Anyway so much lost potential here but unfortunately me and the majority in TA forums we are not the thousands that will download and make happy the producers by give their money to just push further a little clock inside a game.
    On an other note is very cool how he is punching the elevator buttons. Very nice 80's badass detail as a lot of more inside the game :)

3. Otaku73

Otaku73 Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Player it, enjoyed it, then deleted it. Freemium sucks. It feels that the bucks matter more that the experience. This game could have been great as a premium. Wish the freemium concept to vanish from the store.

4. Otaku73

Otaku73 Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Early on in the game you can see some bad guy envoiding your attacks for the count down to run out.

5. TexasJoe888

TexasJoe888 New Member

Dec 19, 2013
    #65 TexasJoe888, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    In case you havent tried it already... this brawler has significantly less timed levels and you only lose energy when you die. Still freemium, but WAY less annoying IMO.

Also, you can actually move yer guy, which is a lot more like old school brawlers

6. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I don't mind freemium but it's a bit overboard for me here and for only around 4 minutes of gameplay. The action is however very fun and shows Ninja Theory's prowess with creating such intense games.

7. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I start the Game and finish the first stage then the game take me back to Game Start help please thank you.

iPad 2 ios 7

I delete and install the game 3 times still the same.

Sorry for my English I'm greek

8. nuno2k

nuno2k Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    portugal
    same here "I start the Game and finish the first stage then the game take me back to Game Start help please thank you."

ipad 3 64g wifi
    last ios7

9. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    I have a question for you Patrick from chillingo. This is a great brawler. Best I played. Why make it freemium with timers and limit the play sessions? I would gladly pay 4 or 5 bucks for it. Why why why

10. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Crash's on load most of the time
    Crashes randomly
    Crashes..,well..,it's a freaking constant crashfest.
    iPad 2 iOS7.04

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed, all the timers do is make me play it less.

12. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anyone else getting frame rate issues....was playing fine but now it's stuttering on the big house floors....especially when using mid kick

13. nuno2k

nuno2k Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    portugal
    Just because give more money

14. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Like the game, runs fine on 5s.

15. 1uc4

1uc4 New Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I find it quite easy to progress without IAP, so nothing to complain. The timer is not bothersome in this king of game and the street mode allows you to go on as long as you manage to survive. Just power up your defence and power and you'll find it rather easy.
    So IMO this is a very enjoyable game, really good looking and free (since IAP is unnecessary)

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    And especially for a fighter... one of the worst possible genres to put timers in.

Oh well, saves space for other games, I guess.

DBC

17. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Well said DBC! :D

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Sup Patrick@Chillingo, great game...deleted.

19. Fox_Niemand

Fox_Niemand Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Game Designer
    Vancouver, BC
    Wonderful fighting system, although I often find my hand blocking one side of the screen or the other (since the fighting is directional based on what side of your fighter you're tapping). Nice animations, good character designs and great fiction wrapper.

Agree with others re: super-obtrusive timers. Wish there was a purchase option.

Late game problem also arises - I haven't spent any money but I've got tonnes of in-game currency and nothing to spend it on. I've fully upgraded my guy, got a kickass machine gun with all upgrades...and everything else I can spend game currency on is time- or usage-limited stuff. Very weak late-game tuning on the upgrade economy.
    Plus their 'Downtown' mode is kind of pointless - you don't earn cash fast enough to make it worthwhile.

Soon to go, I think.

20. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Chillingo is releasing more freemium trash? I saw this on iTunes front page, I wasn't expecting it to be that bad.