Universal FIFA 16 Ultimate Team (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheMerc, Aug 9, 2015.

1. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

I got this game to play on my iPhone 5s. I like it better than FIFA 14 and FIFA 15. No Manager Mode sucks but the new engine and updated graphics make up for it. Out of the prior FIFA games on smartphones I think FIFA 13 is the best. It's just too bad that EA Sports blocked off iCloud data on iOS 8 for FIFA 13 or else I would be playing it still.

2. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Update is out...

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I've already grown tired of it
    No manager mode kills this game it really does. I have tried to look past it and even liked it at first but now I fall asleep during games :)
    What's in the new update I do have a Canadian App Store account?
    See if it's worth another go but the prob I have now is space and don't have many games I want to delete only to add this half ass attempt at a real football game. Certainly not deleting FFVII or TWEWY

4. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hm. I think the update broke the game for me. I tried to reconnect to facebook but its just stuck at the connecting screen. Anyone know if cloud saves are up? I want to try reinstalling the app

5. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Sad times. Unless game siginificantly changes by release I'm pretty sure I'll pass this.

Soft launch version is buggy, laggy, and became boring quickly. Worst FIFA version in years and definitely worst implementation of ultimate team.

Gutted.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yeh I played a little when I first got it and haven't bothered since. May try once more at worldwide release but so far it's unlikely I'll bother.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Wish EA would just update the rosters on FIFA 14 and I'm good to go. At first I kind of liked this one but it sucks actually and is nothing on FIFA 14
    No career mode and the players seem to move weird and all something is off w it.

8. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    I beg to differ. The look and feel of this FIFA is the best mobile version ever.
    The game play is phenomenal. However, with no manager mode, seasons, or even practice the replay value is low.

9. PWNatorPWNED

PWNatorPWNED Member

Oct 3, 2013
    The game is officially out on the US! Currently downloading right now.

Also, I think that EA ditched the Madden Mobile type game concept as it is called FIFA 16, not just FIFA mobile.

10. Mikiesque

Dec 7, 2013
    #50 Mikiesque, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Indeed game is out and it has been renamed to FIFA16 Ultimate Team.

Some comparison to the soft launch version:
    - Graphics are more polished and smoother. There is an occasional stutter but this is most likely iOS9 bugbear. Surely patch will resolve some of this.
    - Game still only lets you play 2min halves. I really dont like this and dont get it what EA is thinking with this. While playing on Amateur it gives enough opportunities to score, once you hit Pro and above it is nearly impossible to score - there isn't enough time to do so... If they expect people to spend real money on the game then they want to have option to choose the lenght of each game. Big downside #1. Perhaps they could make lenght relaive to the difficulty (eg. Amateur =2mins, and then add 1 min as difficulty increases)
    - Only 1 camera angle #. I was really hoping they would add at least zoom in/out option for the camera - perhaps it will be added in the future... Time will tell. At this stage this is Big downside #2, especially as touch controls are almost useless when action is so close to the pitch.
    - All matches are played on home side i.e. Your side at whatever stadium you've got. This is quite disappointing and makes game extremely boring after couple of seasons.
    - Gameplay has been tweaked so are ball physics - very playble game with lots of potential but really hurt with the above negatives.
    - Simulating matches is rubbish as. Really bad design choice and it will be hardly used. You also get penalised for simulating matches by only accruing half of experience points and coins.
    - Biggest disappointment just has to be peicing and progression. This game is F2P milking cow machine!!! If you havent played yet then be warned - one Gold player pack (6 players) costs 10,000 coins. While you accumulate points by playing - after the 1st season (5 matches) I only managed to accumulate 377 coins. A LOT OF GRINDING will be required to get packs.
    - No integration with console/PC versions. In this age you would have thought that this game would be a perfect companion app that lets you play, trade, and continue playing on the go etc...
    - Game requires internet connection (obviously) so hope for not many maintenances.

Anyhow - it is what it is. Gameplay alone has kept me coming back but I am concerned that it will be short lived unless some of the criticism above is not addessed and game made more open, exciting, and customizable.

11. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    That has nothing to do with it being F2P. This is in the $60 console version also

Thats the whole point of the Ultimate team mode.

Buy card packs and build your ultimate team

Worst thing is on the console side you need to buy new packs every year if you want your cards back lol

12. Mikiesque

Dec 7, 2013
    Yes, agree that it's in the console version however BIG difference is that in console version you get enough points after a single match to buy at least a bronze pack and after one season you have more than enough to buy gold pack (usually a few).
    I've been playing UT on console since it came out and spent $0 on it and never felt like I was forced to spend money on it. Actually I find it quite addictive to not spend any real money and earn enough by playing and trading.

Anyways if you have no problems with how Mobile pricing works then of course by all means enjoy.

13. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    I dont throw money villy nilly just cause i like Free2Play game. This game lasted 10 minutes on my iPad.

Mainly cause it has not changed much in 13 years since the last time i enjoyed Fifa

But then again how can you change a game based on a real life sport.. :p not much

14. arcturuz

arcturuz Active Member

Feb 26, 2013
    just downloaded the launch version

as far as i can see, there is only a fifa ultimate team mode to play

no friendlies, no practice nothing else

crap

15. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #55 Derprozess, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    100% agree

Edit - A lot of loading times in main menu plus a few crashes in 30 minutes while playing (trying to play) multiplayer matches.

Deleted.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Compared to 14 it's crap for the obvious reasons no career mode no quick match and this year not even the mode where you pick your fav team and play their weekly game. It gets old quick too! EA is rubbish

17. theknightracer

Jan 12, 2015
    That's too bad. I really want it to pay 8-9€ and to have the same things we have in fifa14.

Fifa 16, like fifa 15 for mobile are instant delete, for the obvious reasons like this ugly paywall.

18. WillnNay4ever

WillnNay4ever New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    No iPod touch 5 support? Bummer!

19. arcturuz

arcturuz Active Member

Feb 26, 2013
    it's crazy by EA

here we have a new mobile engine and great gameplay but yet we are only limited to FUT and 2 min halves...

what's the point of even asking you to choose your favorite club when you can't even play as the club?

i would gladly pay some $ to unlock friendly match option like in Fifa 14 but EA has to screw it up

20. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    You have to know that EA doesn't want you to play any buy-once mode (offline), because that would mean less money in their bank on the long run. They want you to play Ultimate Team all the time because it's a money magnet.