Universal FIFA 15 Ultimate Team by EA SPORTS (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 17, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Since we're doing absolutes, Ultimate team is the worst mode ever. I can't play it unless I have a connection online, it takes FOREVER to get enough coins to buy enough packs to maybe get one or two players from your favorite club. I have zero. And yes, I downloaded it to try it so I could bash it properly. I have literally never heard of all but a couple players that I have. I prefer to play as my favorite EPL or MLS club in a proper Manager/Career mode, so why would I care to manage a team of random players from clubs I've never heard of?!? Also, the only way to play as your favorite club is to find the setting, set your favorite club, and then download matches of the week. Unfortunately, it seems to be 3 weeks behind at the moment! This game isn't tempting me to spend money in the least; it is begging to be deleted.

2. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    EA being same old EA, they don't care about mobile. This is a definite proof to that. We didn't need more though.

3. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I have this problem as well. About 50-75% of the time when I finish a game, I get a connection error that kicks me back to the main title screen. Upon logging back into the game, I will not get credit for the match I just completed. I ended up playing the first game in one of the tournaments 5 times before I was able to complete it without a connection error.

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    And THIS is why having an offline Manager Mode is needed. People aren't going to pay for IAP in a game that they can't play. BUT people will pay to be able to play a game offline at least, as long as it works as good as last year.

5. Jadibel

Jadibel New Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Could someone share button combinations for controller? Please

6. doc_hardware

doc_hardware Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I'm hearing there are no skill moves. Is this true?

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Didn't see any when I tried it.

8. bangkokmag

bangkokmag Member

Apr 20, 2014
    I won't go near this. I love fifa but no offline or manager mode makes it totally unattractive

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Its sad how much money this is going to make... Well, there goes FIFA iOS :(

10. dylanfan007

dylanfan007 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Leave a 1 star review,like I did.

11. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    No skill moves. Stick with fifa 14 instead

12. dylanfan007

Sep 3, 2014
    This thread shouldn't exist we already have this game,It's known as Fifa 11.Gotta hand it ton EA I haven't seen any other publisher f**k up so often and still be in buisness.It's like they go "guys we should strip features and dumb down gameplay" in all of their meetings.
    Can't wait for them to close down.

13. doc_hardware

doc_hardware Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    if we're honest, we all know this version wasn't the priority

which is the opposite of what was said at E3 about them looking at mobile gaming more when asked about 3DS and Vita.

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sadly, their strategy pays off (their handheld/mobile divisions generated 104 millions in revenue last quarterly report, a 21% growth since the previous fiscal year). There'll be no closing down of EA Mobile any time soon, as it is now seen as one of the most profitable divisions of EA.

(Heck, even my pal over at EA DICE has been told that EA Mobile is the only division that is considered as valuable as EA Sports and DICE themselves. And the primary source of that explosive growth, and the small wonder of having a mobile studio considered on a par with some of the more lucrative triple A developers in the world, is thought to be EA's freemium iOS products. Simpsons: Tapped Out generated almost 10 million dollars in net revenue in the month of March 2013 alone, and held a solid spot on the top 5 grossing iOS games for a long time. And it has got to be one of the most gameplay-less games I have ever had the gleeful pleasure of not downloading :) )

There is a drastic incongruity between the sentiments of avid users of forums like Touch Arcade (and thus often hardcore gamers) and the broader market for mobile products. I, of course, believe that our vision for what is fun and what is not is far more qualified ;) But our idea of qualitative gameplay is sometimes the opposite of what is most profitable.

(This is perhaps best illustrated in the example of Real Racing 3. Upon release, the game was widely proclaimed the death of Firemonkeys, a dud that would never see a sizeable player base, and a surefire way for EA to ruin their mobile reputation. Primarily by fans of the the splendid RR2, a considerably more hardcore-accented title, and of desktop-quality iOS gaming in general. In the last report, RR3 has generated more than 30 million downloads, is considered an enormous and enormously profitable success, and averages 2.5 million active user a friggin' day...)

15. dylanfan007

Sep 3, 2014
    #55 dylanfan007, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Yeah but I'm sad to play the same outdated crap for years,I want the vita version being ported not the ps2 one.Anyway stripping features which were loved by everyone for no reason is blatantly stupid.
    EA are hypocrites one hand they talk BS qbout iphone 6 being on par with ps4 and on the other hand they give us a game with ps2 and cut down features,No wonder they were voted the worst company in america 2 times in a row.With the crap that is sims 4 has been released I expect it to be a hattrick.

@Ayjona they may last longer on mobile but theh don't stand a chance against other publisher who are pumping out quality games 2k,Activision and Valve along with rise of independent studios and free distribution models like steam means they aren't going to last another 5 years.Sims 4 is a 60$ game but content and quality wise it's closer to a 10-15$ mobile game.People have been hugely critical of this crap(see metacritic) many have vowed to pirate every single expansion pack they release for it,As far as console/pc are concerned they'll be dead pretty soon.

16. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Let's blame IAP for this crap we see from those big publishers. Even activision is taking the freemium (always online) route. I guess IAP makes them more money.

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Which is all the more reason for me to not play as much sports games (even FIFA 14), and instead invest in the premium games like Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest, and just hope the trend for paying upfront catches on... again.

18. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

FIFA 13 is the best one on iPhones.

19. regkilla

EA should at least give iPhone 5s, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini with Retina, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users PS3 graphics.

20. regkilla

There are. Tap on joystick circle on left side.