Universal FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS (By Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Does anyone know where the training mode is (where you could just play free kicks and so on)?

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #82 Rip73, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Well then don't ever develop for iOS because at a premium price you'll barely make any money.

And as Xcom seems to have been mentioned a lot, as of today Xcom is barely hanging on to position 1433 in the downloaded apps chart and around 700 in the grossing chart for the US.

Whereas Injustice Gods amongst us, which launched before Xcom and is freemium, is still 214 in downloads and 40 in grossing in the US charts.

Now if those numbers don't tell their own story, ie that premium does not succeed in any shape or form near to the extent of freemium, you're just not reading it right.

If they charged 20 quid for this, it would be nowhere. As it stands, it is done in exactly the way gamers have been crying out for with years, ie a premium unlock and still people are raging against it. I have doubts as to whether it'll even make a blip on the grossing charts at all. Possibly for a week or two but after that it'll disappear.

The numbers don't lie. The market sustains freemium and in reality its iap, not premium games with no iap, that fund future development.
    In Feb of this year, 76% of the revenue generated by the App Store was generated by iap. If thats what the market is sustaining, the opinions of a few gamers on a forum are certainly not impacting it by buying premium games. As the numbers clearly show.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

What I don`t understand is why some have such an desturbing relationship if it comes to any iAP in any Game.

Don`t you folks realize that those Ultimate Gold/Silver/Bronze Packs are on Console and on PC too and this is not an exclusive Mobil Feature that was first found on Mobile?

I see People crying that they don`t want to pay $4.99 but $20 or more instead obviously don`t understanding that it would change nothing since those Ultimate Packs are in €/$/... 60 Games too.

If some of you wouldn`t be so stubborn you would probably realize that FIFA 14 is indeed a good Mobile Soccer Game and that it has much more to offer then EA is currently charging for it.

4. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    agree with you
    as i said in a post above, i unlocked full game for 4.49€ and totally worth it, its much better then fifa13 ,and even if you dont unlock premium mode you still have alot content to play and enjoy with no iap needed

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I WANT to pay $5, so bring it on! Premium unlock at that price is ridiculously cheaper than the console/PC versions. There should be great rejoicing in this forum and not moaning. I've been playing quite a bit of FIFA 13 lately just to get more excited about this one. And I think I paid a similar price when that came out. Can't wait to see this year's kits on my iPad screen. Now I have to decide which device to put it on... and which device I still want to keep playing FIFA 13 on.

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I totally agree. There is an irrational IAPhobia spreading around.

7. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #87 strato g, Sep 17, 2013
    What's all the crying about price? The PSP and 3DS versions of FIFA are $39.00 out of the gate. No one ever complains about that and the ios version is of better quality than them both. Even if they priced it at a flat price of $10.00, it would be well worth every penny. People have just become so spoiled with paying pennies for games on the app store. All mobile gamers want a console like quality mobile gaming experience, but no one wants to pay. WIth the power and capabilities of the newer ios / android devices, FIFA 15 will likely mirror the PS VITA version. Do you still expect to pay pennies? Come on guys!!

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Finally, some reasonable and realistic posts.
    + 100% to the last five posts.

This is using a model that we should be glad to see.
    If the rage continues and its not supported, I hope you'll all be glad your opinions and lack of support contributed if it does a switch to full freemium at international launch.
    Lets hope the actual market reacts differently and does support it.

Why its not more obvious that this soft launch is being used partially to test out what posters on forums (gamers allegedly) have been looking for (ie a premium full unlock as opposed to freemium) and then they react in the way this thread has gone, it just makes it all seem pointless to even try.

Thankfully, there are some that actually do get it.

9. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    are many comments @TA with users that were praying for these kind of "free-to-try/play" and only one "iap-premium unlock" games to be out ,and now when EA realese a game just like most of TA gamers wanted they start cryin about it...

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new." - Steve Jobs

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, but unfortunately the ones who don't get it have been welcoming IAP with open arms for over a year... and look where we are today. Sorry developers and fellow gamers, there are a few of us who STILL get it, but it clearly hasn't helped anyone.

And with that, I'll leave this thread to the geniuses. :rolleyes:

DBC

11. What I don't understand is why the gameplay, graphics, and alot of other things are way worse than FIFA 13. It is so sad.

12. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    First of all, the graphics are the same as Fifa 13.
    The new controls doesn't work, especially the passes.
    I like Barca and I'm a Neymar fan. I have Neymar in my team, but only with the name. It's Alba face with Neymar name, which is ridiculous.
    IMHO, this is not a new game but an update for Fifa 13.
    I just don't get it... Why should I pay for something i already have?

13. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I don't know where people are getting that the graphics are worse than FIFA 13. On my iPad 4 they're a little sharper and the players are definitely "taller" (I'm not keen of the "dumpy" looking players in FIFA 13.

However it still looks like a mobile version, and as I've said before I cannot understand why EA can't build a version of FIFA on the latest iPads and iPhones which resembles at least the earliest builds on Xbox 360.

If an iPad 4 can throw around titles like Asphalt 8, NOVA 3 at full resolution with all effects, and probably the likes of the upcoming Infinity Blade 3 then I'm sure EA can make 22 blokes running around a pitch look a damn sight better than they do right now.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, that one really validates your argument, well done.

Sarcasm really is the lowest form of wit and the last defence of those with no actual valid point to make that would bear scrutiny.

15. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    #95 tzuptzop, Sep 17, 2013

thats why this is so cool, you can try it and if you dont like you dont buy it!
    tell me how many great titles are in the store and let you "free-to-try" ? even ibII is a freemium worth 5€ on sale -you have to spend hundreds of€$real money to get a rare spectrum attack gem, to enjoy the full items in game, and if you do spend that kind of money you still have to wait a mounth to create a rare spectrum attack gem, or just spend other hundreds to get it in a couple days
    me, i found a money bug in ibII after i finished the game, i discoverd i can get billions with that glitch, and know what? i spent more then 600millions play money to get an rare gem attack +20.000 with solar blade

maybe ibIII has the same glitch, if im lucky

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Funny how you would say that, because funnily enough as much as I love the IB series, and I do, I deleted it once I lost the exact same gems you mention in a negative rebirth and it became very clear I had to start buying iap mad or grind for months to recover them.
    Yet nobody seemed to notice or care that it was a borderline freemium game complete with timers or pay now to complete options, a pretty standard staple of full on freemium these days.

Yet an in app to fully unlock premium is causing huge problems. Weird.

I'm so looking forward to the IB3 thread. Its still a brilliant game but with the amount of forging and timers in it, the rage will be worse than the RR3 thread(s) was at first. Car crash reading here we come, time to buckle up I think.

17. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    i lost half of my best gems in the negative rebirth and i deleted after that, but i finished the whole game with 100% unlocked all the stuffs, anyway ibIII theard is so populated but noone cryin about beeing freemium worth 6$... and here all cryin on a free to try and 5$ premium unlock with no iap needed ...

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It is a weird world indeed.:)

19. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Once again since it got overlooked: Is the training mode still present in FIFA 14? I cannot seem to find it.

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

No Training Mode as far as I can tell you. Maybe it will get added at a later Point.