Universal FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS (By Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You do actually realize that you are getting at a Price Tag of $4,99 a huge among of Content that don`t force you to buy any additional Content since you can earn anything else in the Game by simple, and here you need to read it really carefully since it might blow your World, playing the Game and try to improve your Skills/Team/Stats and actually earning it InGame.

So to sum it up:

For $4.99 you aren`t only getting an clearly better Game if it comes to the Control System but also a Soccer/Football Game that at no point makes you believe that you would need to buy a single of those additional Boost Packs to expand your Ultimate Team since you are able to earn your Way up the League by trying to scout for new Talents and buy them before their Value explode or by training your own Teams with playing Matches or train their Stats.

Yes of course there will be a bunch of rich Kids that will buy their Way up the League but...this is Soccer and looking at the Europe League putting a Ultimate Team together seems to be only reflecting the real Sport 100% so, if you want to play it differently you might better want to switch to a different sport since Soccer/Football is nowadays all about the Money!

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Totally agree with Sanuku, playing a game to unlock new content/level/boost/etc is the base.
    If you play Super Mario, you can only play level 2 after finishing level 1, well here its the same, play matches to win new players or money, no need IAP, just play and enjoy the game.

3. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    How are graphics compared to FIFA 13?

4. Much worse. This must be a new dev team or something. Very strange.

5. Drogbathelegend

Drogbathelegend Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I think he is talking about EA making FIFA 14 almost like the console and charge $20? Of that's what he meant, then I agree with him.

6. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    the game crashes on start... anyone alse had this issue? wtf is the second time i have to delete and reinstall it... this happen after it asked me to login with fb account but after fb sync a blank white screen appears and game crash, is the 2nd time #%}*~

7. Try playing without logging into facebook.

8. MrToffee79

MrToffee79 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Someone said that it is available in Europe. It doesn't show up in the german store. Anyone else having this?

9. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    It's not in the uk store either...

10. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    try italy or romania store

11. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    This is a classic example of a franchise that could be VERY successful as a true "Premium" iOS title (whatever that is these days :rolleyes:).

Remove all IAPs, price it at $15-20, done. Sorry, but it's going to take a lot to convince me that a FIFA GAME of all things couldn't produce reasonable numbers as an actual "game," as opposed to the latest thinly veiled "Mobile ATM Machine..." Whatever.

DBC

12. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    You're not the only one: it doesn't show up on the Portuguese store either.
    According to PocketGamer, the official release date for this is supposed to be September 27th, so this was either a soft launch on specific regions, will gradually appear on more stores as days go by or was released by mistake...

13. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #73 TheMerc, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Except that, judging by people's impressions, it seems to me that that's essentially what this is, with the app being the Lite version and the Premium Pack being the full game (with additional currency IAP which was also present in previous iterations of the franchise and was never pushed on the consumer, simply being there if it should be needed). Just because it has IAPs it does not necessarily mean this model is a cash-grabbing strategy by default...

14. 40teeth

40teeth Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #74 40teeth, Sep 17, 2013
    Not sure why so many prefer this to be premium.
    Have you actually tried the game?
    Its only $5 to unlock everything and you don't need to pay if you don't like what you see.
    In fact there's actually a lot of free content and I actually consider the IAP to be pretty value for money.

15. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    4.49€ unlock premium mode - quick play, tournaments and manager mode, that turns it to a premium game 'cos you dont need no iap coins pack, you can win alot of coins and "play money" by playing and winning matches, cups and much more.
    the only annoyng thing is the crash issue on ultimate team, after i win the second match in season game crash and i have to play it again and another crash...also fb login makes the game to crash on start and you have to reinstall it, till now these crash issue are the most annoyng ...

is available in italian and romanian store, for those who cant find it in europe store

16. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    I'm crying. Its flooding tears here.

What happened to IOS gaming industry?

Where's My Water - freemium
    FIFA - freemium
    PvZ - freemium
    Codemaster's new game, Boom! Tanks - freemium
    90% of the shit in the app store nowadays - FREEMIUM

I'm crying.

17. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Not going to go into over a year's worth of IAP discussions, but the presence of IAPs is essentially dichotomous with any notion of "Premium" in any reasonable sense of the word.

Having just had ANOTHER paid/Premium game broken to introduce IAPs THIS MORNING, my comment stands. It's one or the other.

DBC

18. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    #78 tzuptzop, Sep 17, 2013
    you guys dont get it?? fifa 14 is free-to-try/play and you can unlock the premium game for 4.49€, show me more free-to-try games out there? most ppl wanna try it before spend 5bucks on it so this is a step forward if you compare to other ea games
    and the iaps for coins are useless 'cos you can win alot of coins even by playing the free version

19. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Sadly, I very much DO get it... but thanks for playing.;)

DBC

20. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Ditto!! At least some people understood what I was trying to say.
    Enough with those small bite sized games, we need the full package. It might not have been possible 5 years a go but, now our devices can handle pretty much anything.