Universal FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS (By Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Sep 16, 2013.

1. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    1.3gb -device iphone 5

2. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    ok thanks..seems same size as previous fifa game

3. Wow, did you play this already?

Since we are both avid soccer players both in real life and in videogames, this is very very troubling.

I've enjoyed talking to you in the soccer threads, Very bad news if true.

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'll try it at some point, but I just redownloaded 2013 and am enjoying that a ton. It'll be a while until I download this.

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Just played some ultimate team. There is a seasons mode of sorts. Not like the console version where you play other people but you do play short leagues against AI teams. No good players up for sale yet in auction house. From what I've played (3 matches) this seems good. One problem so far. 30 mins gameplay took 50% of my battery.

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    If you have to pay to unlock kick off, tounament and manager modes, what do you have on free version?

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Ultimate team

8. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    #29 Mysticpete, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    thats only mode available in free game? whats Match day madness? is that a free mode to play too?

10. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah, New Zealand account. Very disappointing. Stick with Fifa 13!

11. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    What a great game. The download took like half an hour though. Really, the gameplay has been improved by far, with old controls enabled its a huge improvement over FIFA 13. Never expected this. Will buy the full version as soon as the game is available world wide.

12. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Regular controls will be still available under the options menu.

13. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    +1

Not a huge improvement but slight tweaks in animation and movement makes it feel better.
    Graphic quality has been reduced however. It seems like the lowered or disabled AA to make up for some speed - frame rate is overall smoother.

14. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Glad to know old controls are still available, by the video I don't think I'd like this touch scheme.

I might give it a try, I'm just concerned about the battery if it does like DannyTheElite said. 50% in 30 min is too much. xD
    Also, there seems to be a lot of downloadable stuff inside the app, I'm wondering how much space does it take after you get all of them.

15. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    It's slightly sharper and the player models are a little "taller" but it's still the same old PSP engine and it just looks old now.

When you start you select your team and you go straight into a 2 min per half game against your local rivals. I chose Chelsea so I faced Arsenal.

At full time you get to the menu and pretty much everything is locked out. Kick Off, Tournament, and Manager modes are all locked unless you pay the premium unlock, which is fair enough.

It's a free way to entice people to try FIFA before buying. The premium unlock IAP is essentially the full game you'd pay for anyway and did last year. The only downside for some will be the lack of FIFA in the future EA 99p/c sale.

Still, if you buy FIFA at launch every year like me, the premium unlock is a no brainer. All EA have done this year is give everyone a little freebie teaser.

16. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Looks like a little improved Fifa 13. But Fifa Soccer always looks like the previous one a little improved.

17. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Well... I have to check it out with my own eyes (and fingers) before I give EA 7 of my dolars. :)

18. Wow, that is terrible news, along with the reports of reduced graphics. Watching Sanuku's vids, the graphics do look worse, that is troubling.

But I will try it anyway later today and see how it is.