FIFA 11 by EA (coming this year)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BrainGame, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    From EA's Facebook page:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots looks great but the controls look a bit big in my opinion... looking forward to this and PES 2011

2. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #2 strato g, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    Wowwwww!!!!! EA fires back strong at Konami and X2 Games. Now, this looks awesome!! This makes the previous version look generations behind. Let's just hope the gameplay matches this new graphic quality. I'm sure PES 2011 will be also be much improved over it's predecessor PES 2010 (currently in the app store). Based on that assumption and the graphics seen above, I have a feeling that come October, X2 soccer will be officially in 3rd place. It's cool to see that EA is stepping up the quality of there games and utilizing the capabilities of the idevices. Given that, it would be nice to see a version of NBA Elite 11 brought to the app store.

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Looks amazing. Looks like a lot of detail has been put into the graphics.

4. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Looks great !

How many different teams will there be ?

5. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Still looks like the rest of the overpriced crap that EA puts on the idevice, just look at the size of the control butttons.

Not interested. Still loving pro evolution and X2 football.

6. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    This is from PG:

I played FIFA 11 on an iPhone 4, with full support for the device’s increased screen resolution even at this early stage in development. There were a few kinks in the animation – more specifically, the cut-aways of the players running onto the pitch or taking a throw-in were in slow motion – but in general the game looked stunning.

The smooth motion-captured animations and detailed graphics could even be mistaken for a miniaturised home console version – a significant step up from all the other football titles on the device.

Part of the reason the graphics look so much better than before is to be found in the new ‘360 degree’ movement system, plainly taken from the home console release.

This leads to a generally more fluid sense of movement, with players having to knock the ball gently to the side when making tight turns rather than suddenly switching directions.

Dribble

The most interesting new feature with FIFA 11 is in the controls.

The most basic of these is in the ‘tap to switch’ mechanism that made its first appearance in World Cup. This can now be ignored for the more standard button-press, with ‘switch’ taking up the third-button slot if your team is on the defence, and ‘through ball’ should it be on the attack.

More importantly, from an attacking perspective, is the ability to touch and drag another player off the ball, which initiates an attacking run forward.

The movement in the midfield did seem improved from the previous version in general – midfielders no longer shimmy along with the man on the ball - but this new ability makes it far easier to launch counter-attacks and through-balls should you time it correctly.

Tricky customer

Elsewhere, the game has received a major boost to the amount of content over FIFA 10. As well as individual star players like Messi or Ronaldo having their own separate tricks (activated by double-tapping the virtual joystick in a direction), there are now 500 officially licensed teams to choose from and 50 real-life stadia to play in.

Team management has also been tightened up, with more formation options and the ability to select individual kick takers.

Interestingly, the ‘tap to switch’ mechanic also makes an appearance during dead-ball situations, allowing for picking out specific players in the mass of bodies around the penalty area (although the window of opportunity is tight to say the least).

A disappointing feature for pocket gamers is the lack of any form of multiplayer at launch. EA has assured me this will be added to the game in an update later down the line, but it's disappointing that it won’t be included from the off.

Despite this, FIFA 11 is shaping up to be a serious contender in the rapidly expanding iPhone football league. We’ll see if it hits the back of the net when it jogs out of the App Store tunnel next month.

Original hands on here:PG

7. nielololek

nielololek Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hmm, the graphics seem really nice :] I hope that the gameplay will be good,too :p

8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    damn it looks so good just want to set Near Camera like all soccer games ;p

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Wow, it looks great. I'm so glad they decided to include a 360 degree virtual joystick. This looks like it's going to be much improved over Fifa 2010.
    Anyone have any idea when it will be released?

10. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    Wow!
    really nice graphics,fifa 10 sucks really hard ,lots of bugs,but this look so cool
    now they put all logos ,withs sponsors even addidas and nike logo are on t-shirt:D

11. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I think this is going to rock.

12. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    In my opinion, the animations in PES 2010, currently are the smoothest and most authentic of any soccer game in the app store. From your experience with this early build, how do they compare?

13. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    More then likely the buttons will have transparancy options...

14. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

This game looks brilliant. I hate the fact that now I'll have something more to look forward to - just release already! :p.

15. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    It seems like just the other day that they released FIFA World Cup!

16. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Wow, you can tell EA got a little more focused on the graphics, but I'm hoping they'll improve on the gameplay, too.
    Lookin' forward to this...

17. NickD

NickD Active Member

Jul 9, 2010
    UI looks ugly and too big. No multiplayer? Come on! EA is a huge company! I expect there to be online multiplayer in an update or maybe even in release! If gameloft can do it then you can too EA. I see improvement but there still are major flaws.

18. Achy

Achy Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I completely disagree. I've always hated virtual joysticks on the iDevice. D-Pads work so much better.

19. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Hahahaha.

20. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I like the new graphics, look much improved over the last 2 versions. The players in particular look much more realistic. And I like the 360 controls, should make dribbling a bit easier to deal with. But for me the best bit is probably the ability to send players on runs, like on the wii. That could work really well and add a new dynamic to attacks. :)

Having said all that, I just can't condone the complete lack of multiplayer. Given that Game Center is out with built in matchmaking etc, there really is no excuse for a company as big as EA. To not even include local multiplayer is absolutely pathetic, even more so considering both Fifa 10 and World Cup supported it! :mad: