Fieldrunners - techniques?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Javahart

Javahart Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Your method just does not work for me - the long straight line is no good for stopping the fast bikes (even with goo guns) I have only reached wave 85 on medium but found that intricate mazes work best that utilise the weapons more than one pass!

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Mine is a maze. It just starts out as a line.

3. Javahart

Javahart Member

Nov 5, 2008
    #23 Javahart, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
    I realise that mate but I can't seem to get the line powerful enough to stop the bikes at about level 23 (ish) I copied your plan and upgraded the Telsa towers soon as possible......

I'll try it again :(

4. Javahart

Javahart Member

Nov 5, 2008
    i am lovin this .....although three bikes just got through on level 43

5. payfe

payfe New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    #25 payfe, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
    I've found the best way so far is to only focus your efforts on this middle row, since the fliers are the only ones that give you and trouble and I'll explain why:

a ground runner has to always follow the walls, if you block him but provide another way for him to go, he will turn around, so you can constantly bounce the ground runners back and forth on the track by selling a MachineGun tower and building a new MachineGun tower. (i use MG tower because they're the cheapest)

S=start
    E=end
    M=MG tower
    m=This is an MG tower which I always sell and re-build (there are three, the top left 'm' is the one that lets them walk from the very end at the bottom to the very end at the top). Try it out and you will see what i mean.

with this i was able to get up to 700K on hard and complete the hundredth level.

[​IMG]

after that set up gets done in the first 8 levels or so, i start upgrading the top two rows excluding the first 'm'
    all to the strongest machine gun towers, then i start to replace all the middle row with lightning towers and upgrade them as i go.

I'm still not sure which is the perfect tower combination to get maximum efficiency on the middle row, or when i stop making lightning and start upgrading but I always get up around 700K with this strategy.

6. cama

cama Active Member

Nov 14, 2008
    #26 cama, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    Try this out

This isnt a fake, i read about diagonal somewhere and tried it out, use this on normal mode to get this score i won with 3 lives left

Attached Files:

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I love your "Karen's gay" high score..i think we've all got one of those in there, or when you think you're so close you do "Wegmans!!!!!" haha

I feel like the best strategy for me is to try to develop one line, then work on doubling back.. like this

xxxxxxxxxxx

then when you can

-------------------> x
    ^xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x ^ etc
    <----------------- x x ^x
    xxxxxxxxxxx ^ x x ^ x Finish
    start------->x ^ x x ^x
    xxxxxxxxxx x ^ x x ^x
    <------------x ^ x x ^x
    xxxxxxxxxxx ^ x --> x
    ----------------> x x

etc... does that make any sense?

after i build the first complete "back and forth"

i try to only build rockets above and below, that way they take out the helicopters...if you do it right, the only threat will be from the motorcycles...

I personally don't waste my money on the tesla coils.. hope my diagrams kinda make sense

---------------->^

8. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Buddy you never upgraded any of the gun towers, you have too! other wise they do NO damage what so ever

9. cama

cama Active Member

Nov 14, 2008

Nah, i just put them there because the missiles and telsa thingys cant reach the helicopters, and so theres more places to go

10. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    #30 Khayman, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    I use this to but just cant seem to get trough hard mode i get to wave 60 and then its over.

The pic is from medium!

Attached Files:

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wow....your seltup works like magic!!! :) Thank you!
    Never thought of that very simple trick!
    And in the meantime i could slowly upgrade everythink to a killing machine :)
    COOL.