Fieldrunners or Zombie Attack?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ipressbuttons, Dec 19, 2008.

1. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    hmm both are simple (i think?) but there's a fairly big price difference :S which one is better? or whats simillar and different?

thank you :)

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, I think Fieldrunners is more entertaining and has slightly better artwork (ZA! is 3D, but a little choppy).

For so many reasons, I don't think you could pick just one.

Fieldrunners is just an overall great game but then again $1 for ZA! is a steal.

Get both :p

3. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    haha will do

the list so far of the games i want at christmas with my iTunes cards: Fieldrunners, Zombie attack, Fastlane, Snail Mail, Real Football. wow i need to stop...

4. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Fieldrunners has some goals, things to unlock etc. And individual games tend to last a lot longer.
    Zombie attack has a much smaller playing area, few enemy types, and nothing to unlock. However, it's still great fun. Both are very addictive.

5. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008

some goals? which goals? the only goal is to survive until level 99.

things to unlock? there is NOTHING to unlock at all.

buy zombie attack, nice game and just a buck. for other td-games check out besiegement or iTD. much more replayability and depth than fieldrunners.

6. star

star Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I agree, although it does depend on what kind of game that you're into. Although both are essentially TD games, the concepts of both are as different as they could be. Fieldrunners is your traditional tower stack up and shoot game, but ZA has you running around and placing the towers with your character.Fieldrunners is bound to be updated someday to add new features. It could make the price tag seem more worth it. If you really want to nitpick over dollars, ZA is a great game at that price. But hell, ZA is selling at only $1 right now, so why not just get both if you were even thinking about getting Fieldrunners. As mentioned, they are very different, so why not try them both out? I grew tired of Fieldrunners and find ZA the better option for passing tim, but that's just me.

7. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    zombie attack rocks. i love how simple it is.

8. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    "Choppy"???? Did you try the game since v1.1.0? The framerate was drastically improved with the first update. The framerate is in fact smooth and amazing for the amount of 3d effects going on at the same time in the screen. Furthermore, the developer added a lot of new features since the initial release. Damn good deal for 99cents.

Like others had said, it's an incredible game for 99cents. My friends saw me playing it and no one believed me when i told them it cost only a buck. Its dope. Cheap dope.

9. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Get both, its only 6 bucks. Better yet, get 7 cities td (way better game with more depth) and ZA!

10. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    Seems like the same thing is happening to all of us who have both games. We end up playing the $1 Zombie Attack a lot more than Fieldrunners in the long run. I don't know why, but somehow the simplicity and challenge of ZA just keeps drawing me back. Now with the addition of the worldwide leaderboards, i gotta try harder to get my name on the All-time board!

Thinking back, if i have to choose one, i would get ZA because i did end up playing it a lot more than Fieldrunners. Fieldrunners is a good game, but it is too easy and draggy at the start and after you get to level 99... you wouldn't wanna pick it up again.

All these are void if you are rich. Just get both! :D

11. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Both games are fun, bun Zombie Attack is a lot more fun, IMO. It's much more frantic than Fieldrunners. Don't get me wrong, though, I still recommend Fieldrunners, but if you're deciding between the two, ZA! is only $.99 and it's a blast to play.

12. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Have you played 7 cities td? Its a great game with tons of depth.

13. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Not yet. I'm sure it's great, but I still think that for $.99, everyone needs to download ZA!.

14. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    It's not going to be 99 cents forever. The developer is going to up the price after the holidays to match all the feature additions. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=34638&postcount=107

Yeah, i agree that at 99 cents, this is almost a mandatory game download for everyone. I have not found another 99 cents game of this quality and fun yet and i suspect it will be a very long time until another such 99 cents game appear.

15. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I think blue defense is up to par in the 99c game area

16. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    ... and Tiki Towers

17. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I havent heard of this one. I will have to check it out.
    Edit: Reminds me of world of goo.

18. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
  19. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    No way dude. I brought blue defense! too. It's an OK game that could use better graphics and i'd deleted it long ago. I don't think it is even close to ZA!. That game is totally a 99 cents dope man.

20. monk666

Nov 16, 2008