iPad Fieldrunners (by Subatomic Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AznChaos, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mgondek

mgondek Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Honestly, the game is now perfect. I love what the developer did. The new gameplay and the sounds are amazing. When those little guys get killed they make the funniest sound.

2. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    Updates are awesome!

3. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Fieldrunners: Crossroads Score Entry

I played a quick game on the crossroads field & when i finished, it went to the score board, but wouldn't let me enter my name.

I thought that maybe it was because i didn't reset my iphone, so i did and then played another game to level 100.

After reaching this, i was shown that i had unlocked the endless mode, but still couldn't enter my name...

Is anyone else having this problem, or am i doing something wrong?:confused:

4. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Seems to be a glitch that they know about and have a patch for that is or will be submitted. Check out the fieldrunners forum.

5. Thomas_xp

Thomas_xp New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    #105 Thomas_xp, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
    my first try

Hi.
    I hit 676550 on my first try. The pictures are bad, sorry. How do people get nice screenpictures from their iPhone? Most likey some kind of app, right? Does anyone know the name?

Attached Files:

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    For the thousandth time,
    Power and home button

7. Thomas_xp

Thomas_xp New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    ah....

Sorry....
    I am a student, studing all the time or going to the uni, work 3 days a week to put food on the table, spending 5 days a week 3 hours each in the gym and i am married, which also takes up my time. YES, no sparetime! And the game just fills the time driving to uni.

So.... I can't know everything. I am close, but not quite there yet.

8. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

So you don't ever use the rocket launchers?? or by level 50 you have your maze down, and THEN you start replacing them..?

9. Thomas_xp

Thomas_xp New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    no rockets

Yeah. No rockets. I have seen other mazes with no rockets. It seems less efficent. You get your maze down without them and when selling towers you don't lose so much money. And in the end they don't nearly enough dmg. So there is no point in having them.
    I've also seen mazes without gluetowers. This was in grassland howerver. I don't think it's possible in crossroads, because you end up having problems with the helis and spezialy the airship.
    Further more my maze has the "turn-around" option, so I can send the runners thourgh the maze again. This however didn't became so much of a problem, more that some turns, 4 or 5, some runners came through with little health and I had to do the turn around.

10. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Haven't had a problem with entering my name but it did crash when I was on level 72 on Medium on the new map, which was really annoying as it doesn't seem to save your game as you progress (even if they just saved it for resume at the end of each wave, it would avoid such problems.) Got medium beat the second time :D Like the sounds but endless mode is pointless and needs more work - it's a bit of a quick fudge as it stands. And really, there should have been a new tower and probably more than one extra map - I just get the feeling that this game could be so much more than it is and it's taken a while to get even a few little extras.

Having said all that though, still worth the money. It looks great and plays well. Only problem is that it eats battery life for fun :D

11. Thomas_xp

Thomas_xp New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    endless...

Well. Endless-mode is a bitch. I reached 846675. I had to waste about 100grand after lvl 100 for "rebuilding".

- no runners any more
    - just helis and airships
    - helis come from the left only
    - airships come from the top only

My maze was good up to lvl 99. Lvl 100 and more is only flyers. My Problem: the airships choked up my "centre-of-destruction" or the helis did if you want to see it the other way around.

The next time will build a littel bit weaker center and a bit more to the left to kill the helis befor they reach the middle.

Attached Files:

12. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Fieldrunners update to endless mode

I noticed no one mentioned the new Fr update, so here goes:

They fixed all the bugs pertaining to the crossroads highscores.
    And made endless mode give a variety of enimies after wave 100 instead of just the robot.

13. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Washington
    Do the enemies continue to get harder after level 100? Or does it just rotate through the different types?

14. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    They continue to get harder after each wave. However, they might cap off a limit somewhere.

15. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Stupid Robots

It was boring ---on the grass course you would just get run and run of those big Robot things ----think he mixed it up a little now.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Member

Nov 16, 2008
    yeah it's more difficult to play now . T.T they are faster and stronger

17. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    It's a bit more spicy now.

I still wish there would be some sort of sandbox mode or at least options to accelerate the cash flow. I know Mote-M has one, but I would really love having unlimited resources to just pound wave after wave of enemies with goo and lightning.

18. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    I'd like a "maze-building" mode.
    You'd have limitless resources and you could build the most complex and original turret maze and then test it out on the enemies to see how far you could go.

19. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Yeah, there's a lot of things I'd like to see. One being more things to manage.

20. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yeah, this is a better way of saying what I wanted to say. :)

I would just love to play endless mode with limitless resources.