iPad Fieldrunners (by Subatomic Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AznChaos, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mek

mek Well-Known Member

is Virus out yet?

2. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    oh yeah i played this before, i think it'd be great on the iphone/ipod touch too

and do you think you could get up a full review?

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

so there is no sound as of yet, can you at least play your own music?

4. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
  5. kadjisan

kadjisan Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Any app that doesn't use sound will automatically allow you to play your own music.

6. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    (gasp) developer compliments developer!

just kidding:)

7. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    #27 Manta Research, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
    Hehe, thanks :)

This game really raises the bar for quality. There is just so much trash in the app store right now, it's refreshing to see devs put out games where they've clearly spent a lot of time on the gameplay, graphics, game balance and overall polish. It's totally worth the $5 and I eagerly look forward to the updates.

Truth is that I would much rather have one game of this caliber then five crappy games that only cost 99c but that I delete after 5 minutes. I'm hoping others feel the same way and start to reward developers who want to raise the quality bar and bring some really great titles to the iPhone.

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    The graphics and animation make up for it. I'm sure sound will be in an update too. You can pinch to zoom in this game, which I found surprising.

I bet sound is coming, but, even if not, I don't mind listening to my own music.

9. AznChaos

AznChaos Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Awesome, Thanks for all the reviews guys. Really appeciate you guys taking a chance on buying the game without knowing if its gonna be any good especially a $5 one. I think i'm gonna get it now.

10. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    looks like i'll have to be getting this, too

11. cbk04

cbk04 Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I decided to give it a try as well and I absolutly love it. I like that it gets progressively harder instead of just being impossible after level 25 like Mote-M (which is great as well). Can't wait for the sound and new turret update, then this game will be perfect.

12. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    Those are the only kind of reviews I do.

As for sound and music, the developer promised on their site that it will come in a future update, along with new fieldrunners, map types, and towers.

13. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i broke down and got this...syncing now

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'm kind of on the fence about this one.

I like it but at the same time I don't. I like the style behind everything and LOVE the enemy designs... but I don't like the tower designs. Plus upgrading a specific tower gets hard once you start putting a lot of tower in there.

Also did anyone notice how easy the waves are? I got to wave 16 with only 6 towers =/

I'm looking forward to the update though, new towers, new enemies, and hopefully some tweaking of of the stats are always good things.

I have had some issues with the game crashing but I will be nice cause it's a 1.0 game with a lot of promise. I noticed that all towers with an enemy in their AoE turn and track the enemy so I understand that there will be some issues with all that plus enemy movement and towers firing.

Not worth 5 bucks yet but it is still fun

15. mek

mek Well-Known Member

Zomg

Z...O....M....G

its addictive

im on round 47 and ..just wow

but i just got a 20% battery power warning...i wonder how much it eats up the battery

16. mek

mek Well-Known Member

it gets much much harder.haha

17. mek

mek Well-Known Member

do you know what would be stunning...if even possible for this genre...is some form of multiplayer

it would be a first of its kind and poifect for the ipod touch/iphone

18. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Lvl 47!!!!???? No wonder!! I've been beta testing mote-m for too long, I'm used to everything becoming a lot tougher at lvl 20, hahaha.

I'm going to try again but if it crashes I'll just give up for the night and play some wipeoutHD

19. gamer99

gamer99 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
  20. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008