Fieldrunners Attack! (by Subatomic Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Palanthian, Dec 13, 2016.

1. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Dev twitter just say someting at 16 Dec:

Fieldrunners ‏@fieldrunners
    We're seeing some server delays on Fieldrunners Attack! right now, but we're on the case, and we'll keep you posted!

The server seems to work again now.

2. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    They've been saying that every day since launch hahahahahahahahahaha

3. tylercericello

Dec 30, 2013
    Nah not for me when I get on it has a big red x through the heroes button, and when I click on if it says I have no heroes. My base is still there tho. Very odd

4. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Seems up and running....

Crates are working for me now...

5. jspiro

jspiro New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm disappointed by this release. If it were any other developer I would simply dismiss this as "Meh, not for me." But a click clone with timers from Subatomic? This feels like when Radian Games released (the aptly named) Devastator after the Inferno games.

The server issues are forgiveable, I waited until I could play because it's Subatomic. But this game should have been released under another brand. They're trying something new without catering to the people who helped make them successful.

Almost no one else seems to feel this way on here, and I'm perfectly happy if it's just me. But I felt underrepresented.

6. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    For four days it has been the same: servers are offline for hours, servers come back online, I open the game and before I can do anything connection is lost and game restarts.

No improvement in four days is unbelievable.

7. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Crates back to not giving out rewards, lol...

8. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Some of my upgrades are not active. My gold village is level 6 with 25,000 storage but my actual gold storage is only 12,000.

9. makoamagana

makoamagana Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Wow what is this 5 days now of server problems?! Seriously I get patience but does no one here think 5 days is a little much? I mean at minimum they could give us an update as to what's going on and or a time frame of when they are hoping to resolve it. As of right now this feels like it could be the permanent state of the game since no one has said anything regarding any of the issues we are having in game. All we've been told is that there's a small number of issues with servers. I'm pretty sure small is actually everyone! But ok.... what a terrible release and worthy of the 2 stars or less in my opinion with the way they have handled this all. Get it together devs seriously.

10. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    And we are down again... it's comical now.

11. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I honestly think they just liked the game under the rug, just imagine how much money they've lost with this game so far

12. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    An official update?

Leo, after 5 days of downtime, I think you would do yourself a lot of favours by at least posting here to update us on what has happened, what is being done, and some kind of timeframe for a fix.

Like many others, I paid into the game when it was launched, and was promptly hit with days of either the servers being excessively slow, some of the time, or being completely down, most of the time.

I'm sure you're extremely disappointed with how things have turned out so far, and I'm sure you're doing everything you can to improve things behind closed doors, but there has been absolutely zero communication from you guys since the proverbial hit the fan (your tweet, a gross understatement, doesn't count).

Please show that you care, connect with the players trying to enjoy and support your game, and let us know what's happening.

13. Subatomic_Glenn

Subatomic_Glenn Active Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Hey everyone, I'm here on behalf of the rest of Subatomic to talk about the server issues over the weekend. We've been working at a constant stream ever since the game went live to get these issues fixed. The load on our servers from launch was even greater than we anticipated, and it's been causing massive load. The servers are our #1 concern right now. While we don't have an ETA for when everything should be fixed, it's by far the top concern for everyone in the company.

There's also an issue with people losing their progress. The most likely cause of this is due to changing devices that the save file is on using Gamecenter. It hasn't happened to everyone, but just to be safe, don't try to change what save file your game is on if at all possible until we are able to confirm that this issue is fixed.

We here at Subatomic Studios know how frustrating this is for all of you who were looking forward to the game, or were already enjoying it before. We deeply appreciate your patience, and we want you to know that we are reading these messages and feedback.

14. Palanthian

Feb 19, 2016
    Thanks, it's great to hear from you. It's a very tough start, and I really feel for you after releasing what looks like such a polished and quality game. In terms of the server infrastructure, I hope you're able to eliminate the IO bottleneck and put in place some scalability, as I still believe this game will go from strength to strength in the future. My own business is self-hosted website software and SSD drives solved all of my database issues. :)

I think there are lots of dedicated fans of the game on this forum, we just need the odd update every few days to keep us in the loop, and keep us optimistic that the game will be playable again. Good luck, hope you get it all sorted soon!

15. Subatomic_Glenn

Dec 19, 2016
    I know how frustrating it is to not hear anything when you're experiencing problems like this. I'm sorry we haven't been able to provide more information before now, but unfortunately, there hasn't been much change that we can publicly say just yet. We do believe we've found causes for the primary issues, but we're still working it out.

16. Subatomic_Glenn

Dec 19, 2016
    We're deeply sorry that we haven't been keeping everyone up to date as much as you deserve. As we haven't been able to finish the fixes just yet, we hadn't put out too much new information. We have been working on the issues throughout the weekend, however, and even as I type this the engineers near me are digging deep.

17. Subatomic_Glenn

Dec 19, 2016
    Have you been using Gamecenter at all? We have been seeing similar issues with other users.

18. Subatomic_Glenn

Dec 19, 2016
    We here at Subatomic absolutely understand your frustration, and feel it, too. We're working around the clock, and ask for your patience.

We're still working on the servers constantly, and we know how frustrating it is for people who want to play and aren't able to get in. We'll be updating as fixes roll out. For now, we humbly ask for your patience.

We've had people expressing concern about the change to mobile strategy for this title, and we absolutely understand. All of us as Subatomic absolutely love the previous Fieldrunners games, and know many other people do, too. We most certainly haven't forgotten what made us known to begin with. We do hope you'll give us more of a chance when the servers are operating more smoothly. We feel like our more action-oriented approach to the mobile strategy genre has a lot to offer players who might otherwise not enjoy that style of game.

19. makoamagana

makoamagana Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Thank you for that. Honestly I think everyone would have felt a lot better including myself if someone had just said something as soon as problems came up. When very vague info is given or no communication it sends a bad message to those that are supporting you. While I and I'm sure all of us appreciate the communication now it really would have helped right when this all began. We understand your busy fixing things and we don't expect all the info but it only takes a minute. Just some communication letting us know your at least still working on it or any progress made. That's all we needed.

20. Palanthian

Feb 19, 2016
    Just some feedback if it helps.

Playing the game just now, the loading time is long but manageable, around 30 seconds I would say. Crates take a while but do open. Upgrades appear to be working.

The greatest problems are in attacking. I can find opponents, and complete battles, but when I get the "Loading..." message at the bottom of the screen, returning to my base, I always end up with "Connection Lost". If I click on retry, it ends up the same. If I close the app and restart, I get back to my base and I do have my winnings.

Just in case this helps.