Fieldrunners Attack! (by Subatomic Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Palanthian, Dec 13, 2016.

1. makoamagana

makoamagana Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Geeze 2-3 days now of no servers how in the world do they expect us to even stay with this game?! 1st day played for a bit went to bed. Next day game was down. Waited til evening and got to play for a few more minutes. Next day servers down, checked in the evening still down. Next day servers down. If they don't go up today I think it may be the end for me with this game.

2. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Was able to get past title screen for a split second and then booted to same message of servers down.

If the game comes back up be careful spending gems and the such....crates don't give anything

3. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Is this the only game you have?
    People just need to be patient. Play something else. Yeah it sucks, they will fix it.
    The game itself is awesome.

4. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Usually I would agree, but I actually think you're underestimating the scale of their screw up here.

5. fingergod

fingergod New Member

Dec 17, 2016
    love love love

man i love this game so much. can't wait till the server issue is fixed. i woke up this morning wanting to check my town and Attack! this is going to be a 2017 fav app of mine :D

6. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Major fail on their part and you know most of these companies run their servers in aws or azure so they can spin up servers quickly. They are asleep at the wheel by the time they fix this most players would have lost interest and moved on. They will remember this mistake big time.

7. makoamagana

makoamagana Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I never said the game wasn't awesome. I do have other games but I was really looking forward to this game only to not be able to play for 2 1/2 days! Patience is running thin along with many others here as well. Like others have said this is going to kill this game.

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I'm the patient sort who is normally more than willing to sit back and let a buggy game sort itself... except I've got one of those monthly subscription iap thingies running and am on the edge of applying for a refund on that. 3 days? 4 now? Haven't been able to log in and am sitting here at the 'you must not have internet enabled, check your connection' message.

Nothing against the game itself, what I got out of it was a fantastic take on CoC + a whole lot more hands on fun. I'm just starting to wane bored sitting here on the sidelines.

9. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    For a while there you could get into the game occasionally, albeit very slow. As the game has been properly down for the whole weekend, I'm wondering if they're replatforming, transitioning to a new/better hosting platform (which would take time).

I expect there will be a client update after the weekend. The in-game compensation package had better be good after this.

10. Willbie

Willbie Member

Aug 29, 2013
    You bought it too? In all honesty, that's the only reason I'm upset about the servers being down for so long. If it's not limited to each day, I won't mind, but I'm pretty sure it completely skips the 50 gems you get a day if you miss one, so...

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Bought it twice accidentially. Notice the purchase option was still there immediately after, most every game with this mechanic I've ever played ever greys out the button so I hit the buy button again fully expecting a 'youve already purchased this do you want to renew/extend it?' popup which most other games also have... but this one didn't and once i found the subscription collect screen i noticed that since i bought it twice its got a 60 day length to the purchase instead of 30 for days remaining.

12. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Was able to log in, but loot crates are still broken. Clicking the crates causes the 3hr or 24hr to restart without giving rewards....

13. akesson

akesson Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Yup, just got in too but did not receive any rewards from the crates.

What provokes me the most in the lack of communication from the developers

14. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Can get in for a couple of seconds start an upgrade, lose connection and when finally back in upgrades didn't register and are not running.

And attacking is also not possible in the 5 seconds I have connection :)

Game is still unplayable and developers should be on twitter or facebook with some info but unfortunaly complete silence from their side.

15. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Aaaand the game is down again..

16. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Lack of developer communication is alarming. Time for all to drop this game and forget about it and move on. Sorrry but this is unacceptable. I have no confidence in spending money on this game at this point even if it does come back.

17. Prail

Prail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Good point on the lack of dev communication.

Then again nobody is bitching on the forums, so maybe they figure there isn't a big crowd to placate?

Perhaps they can do an advert blitz after it's up and running again. It's already on the front page of the App Store, but I thought that was your only shot that's been blown.

18. Willbie

Willbie Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Haha, I figured since I could get in I could do my normal routine... But nope, nothing was saved in terms of progress when I exited. I got all my crate rewards (You just have to sit there and wait a while, they'll open eventually), daily rewards, and even upgraded some of my heroes with cola. Yet when I came back, nothing was saved. All my cola was wasted on levels that didn't exist, and I couldn't collect anything again. Oh well

19. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Haven't been able to join for almost 4 days in a row now. This will go down in history as one f the worst mobile releases ever, it'd make EA and Dice proud. There screwed unless they offer compensation, enough said.

20. ruphio

ruphio Member

May 8, 2012
    Come on devs! You used to be one of the best in the business. This is ridiculous! And disappointing