Fieldrunners Attack! (by Subatomic Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Palanthian, Dec 13, 2016.

1. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    What is going on with the servers? Can't login since yesterday night (eu)

Love the game, was looking for a game like this (I don't like CoC)

2. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Me too.

I like the art style and every troop can assign different attack target.

But I cannot play it now.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Works for me now. Had a pop-up that they're working on a fix, after that it loaded. No progress lost on my end.

4. Prail

Prail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Damn shame.

So many companies screw this up when they launch.

I'm sure the majority of silent users just delete the app and forget about it.

5. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    I got back in the game briefly, but the servers are an absolute damn mess. Subatomic haven't run a server-based game before, as far as I know, and it shows. This will kill anyone's enthusiasm for the game if it's not brought under control pretty fast. It's completely unplayable right now.

6. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I agree with you but, lets be patient and give them a chance to correct that issue. With every update they are bringing lots of stuff and they always listens and answers if you want to send a pm from facebook

7. hoboknife

hoboknife Member

Nov 14, 2013
    #67 hoboknife, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    I agree with Palanthian... first impressions, last impressions. I'll be patient myself, but to the avg consumer, this is terribad and they won't be bothered. Such a shame cuz I see potential.

Edit: as others have reported, don't redeem chests, you'll lose the spoils. Additionally, we get 5 chances to attack other players before refilling over time. I lost signal after attempting and it left me with 4/5 attacks. Very frustrating although by the time you can play again you refill everything anyways...no fear of base being attacked since most can't play.

8. jsr310

jsr310 Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Every time I start up the game it says it's having connectivity issues, and everything is ok with my wifi, I hope they get this fixed pretty quickly, I'm loving the game so far

9. Prail

Prail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    The game is definitely a fun spin on the COC model.

I just worry they blew whatever chance they had with a botched release. People aren't really forgiving when an app appears to just not work. They just delete and forget about it... there goes A good chunk of the player base you need to make the game a longer term success.

I'm always blown away how companies don't make sure they have extra server infrastructure/stress test to better mitigate the initial surge. You want to hang on to as many initial players as possible.

That being said I'm willing to hold out as it's been fun so far.

10. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Always online game is not work for some games.
    I just want a RTS game with offline and online mode.
    Playing local mission need online is stupid.

11. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Man the last 2 days the game servers are down for hours through the day.

Then now when I open the crates... I click open and they don't open, no items are received, and timers are refreshed...

Also used gems for the crate and got a few Coke bottles and a gem or two... very frustrating.

12. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Hey guys,
    Servers are still not working. Its frustrating I know. But, I hope they will fix it soon:)

13. akesson

akesson Member

Sep 11, 2012
    #73 akesson, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    This feels worse than the Pokémon Go launch lol. I was so hyped for this game :(

14. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah if anyone has keys, gems, or free loot from timers... clicking any to redeem is counting against your key total, gen total, and timer reset without getting the proper rewards.

Just tested my keys... I have 440 and used 50 and now I have 390 but got nothing for a reward....

So hold off cashing in...

15. Palanthian

Feb 19, 2016
    Subatomic finally posted on Twitter a couple of hours ago:

That's after more than 24 hours of downtime.

16. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Game still down.... strun Ii

17. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Can we please play ._.

18. mallouk

mallouk Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Good game

Great game, unfortunately servers are still down and only been able to play it for 2 hrs so far
    so things could be better or worst! so far being able to guide your troops is really a great plus to this game

19. Palanthian

Feb 19, 2016
    Such a great game, a year in soft launch, but failing to get the server infrastructure right has completely botched the launch. My fear is that this will now be destined to become a niche game as only the hardcore fans will stick with it through this.

You can only hype and launch a game once and the opportunity has been spectacularly missed.

My concern as we approach the 48 hour mark is that they don't have an easy way to just plug in more server resources. They appear to have made no progress so far.

20. Prail

Prail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Yeah... they are probably done. Such a shame.
    Nothing but a niche app with a few loyal pkayers at this point no doubt.