Fieldrunners 2 Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by explosive, Jul 24, 2012.

1. superhoha

superhoha New Member

Aug 3, 2012
  2. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I am begging someone to just post screen shots to the puzzle levels. I can only complete beginner

3. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Home on Derange is a nice level to get a lot of coins quick to get the power tower, etc. I used this setup initially:

[​IMG]

Modified it to this:

[​IMG]

And let it run overnight. When I woke up, I had this:

[​IMG]

So now I can afford some of the other towers. Does anyone have a breakdown of all the towers which includes range, area of effect, hit points etc? I saw that someone had 4 of them.

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
  5. YourMother2

YourMother2 New Member

Jul 22, 2012
    #85 YourMother2, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    The Mean Streets Heroic - Fieldrunners 2 - Walkthrough

Finally I managed to finish The Mean Streets in heroic.
    Here my walkthrough:

Step 1: build approx. 100 railguns and upgrade them on level 3:
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Hahahahaha!
    [​IMG]

lolz :D

btw: 3250 kills on scrambled eggs on heroic are really easy:

[​IMG]
    Scrambled Eggs Heroic Walkthrough

[​IMG]

--------------------------------
    Improved The Mean Streets Heroic: Jesuzz!!!
    [​IMG]

6. chank

chank Member

Mar 25, 2010
    #86 chank, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I left the game running with this set up (heroic) while I slept. Ended up with 36,810,500 points and about $8,000 coins. Unsure what the final wave was though.

7. maxsbigbro

maxsbigbro New Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Home on Derange HIGH SCORE!

So I have been letting this set up run on 2x speed for several hours and it finally came to an end. I came down to 1 life left around the 1000th round. Was hoping to reach 2000 rounds but wasn't able to get there.

Attached Files:

8. Kenny91

Kenny91 New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    well, I also tried to reach round 2000 in Home on derange but I got only around 1850 with 48 mil score @__@

Attached Files:

9. chank

chank Member

Mar 25, 2010
    That's really good! Do you have a screenshot of your setup by chance?

10. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Are you guys doing Home on Derange in Causal or Heroic? Which one yields more cash? Also any tips on starting out this level on Heroic? Thanks

11. chank

chank Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I am totally stumped. I cannot beat the level "Turbo Dryer" in heroic difficulty. Have to kill 400 enemies within the time limit, I've only managed to kill 324. If anyone has any tips, it would be most appreciated!

12. DannyWalkman

DannyWalkman Active Member

Mar 29, 2012
    I tried first on Casual, and at about 1500 waves i had only 14mil points. I got bored and sold half of my towers to be able to finish it. A waste of time. Heroic is the right way to do it.

13. xiVoiDz

xiVoiDz New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    #93 xiVoiDz, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    ** Use the last link for the images they haven't come out properly **

Ok so here's my set-up for getting over 400 (I perfected this over a few days)

so start off with the bottom gatling and work your way up to this point (you need to upgrade as soon as you get the money.)

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg1/scaled.php?server=513&filename=img1976.png&res=thumb

then start the bottom right bit upgrading the top gatling. then finish the 4 gatlings on the left after the 2 gold round ends, then complete up to here upgrading exactly as i have starting from the bottom again.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg1/scaled.php?server=546&filename=img1977.png&res=thumb

then as soon as you kill the last air and have 48g, quickly sell the 2 gatlings in the middle and the top one at level 2 and build a radiation like i have. as soon as possible, rebuild the top gatling back to level 1, then the gatling on the left, then upgrade the top one back to level 2 otherwise you will leak the air round which comes quickly after this. :) speed is key.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg7/scaled.php?server=7&filename=img1981.png&res=landing

then get an ice as i have (level 3) and radiation (level 2) by the big air.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg337/scaled.php?server=337&filename=img1982.png&res=landing

fully upgrade your first radiation then fully upgrade your second ice (underr 1st radiation) before you get the radiation on the left to look like this (+ the ice)

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg195/scaled.php?server=195&filename=img1983.png&res=landing

use fire on these 2 tanks place the flame/poison thing when your ice hits the first tank twice to be as quick as possible.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg1/scaled.php?server=42&filename=img1984.png&res=thumb

bomb just before the 5th mini tank comes out to kill all 5 tanks as quickly as possible.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg1/scaled.php?server=594&filename=img1985.png&res=thumb

upgrade and get this spark and wala you should get over 400.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/img1986.png/

It will take more than 1 go.

If you follow this correctly you will get 402 kills :)

if you leak, you're doing something wrong.

I know I didn't successfully complete it this time but you should be going faster than my times because when screenshotting it went out of the game etc. and when you go back in it's paused so I lost time.

Ask if you have any queeries :)

14. BigRedDog

BigRedDog New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    #94 BigRedDog, Aug 9, 2012
    This is a nice design. I finished Turbo Dryer a couple days ago... and would have loved this walk through. The trick of course is to beat it without using items... ;)

15. BigRedDog

BigRedDog New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    #95 BigRedDog, Aug 9, 2012
    I'm not sure this helps... but my solution is very "timing sensitive." So, unless I post most of the 29 steps, I'm not sure it will help much. I can give you a couple hints that will greatly help you along.

(1) You MUST kill the helicopters (except the big one)
    (2) You MUST kill the tanks as quickly as possible

The reason I say you must kill everything, is the final level you will face (assuming your timing is about the same as mine), has the fieldrunners coming out very slowly. Your timer will expire waiting for them to emerge one at a time. So, you ultimately must kill everything before them.

I was able to accomplish this without any "items." However I couldn't kill the 2 large tanks without using the "fire bomb" without it using up all my time. To those ends, you must get the "fire bomb" enabled before the tank comes out.

Here are some basic screen shots to help you along...

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Hope that helps!

16. eusthakius

eusthakius Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Indonesia
    Great walktrough…

Does anyone has beat every elite unit on this game??

Any tips how to defeat the elite unit??

Thanks

17. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #97 explosive, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Added some screens I was missing for the early grasslands levels on Casual with early game towers (Twist of Fate/Clonehenge/Speedhenge/Broken Branch) as well as Cardio Canyon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cardio Canyon (Casual) - No lives lost

[​IMG]

If anyone wants any other levels on casual that are missing let me know.

Update: Just made some huge changes to starting posts on page 1 with a much better layout.

18. BigRedDog

BigRedDog New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    The Frying Pan (Heroic)

The Frying Pan (Heroic), no lives lost, no items used, no Fire Bomb used.

Click Me

19. xiVoiDz

xiVoiDz New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Does anyone want/need a tutorial using no items at all?

20. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #100 explosive, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    No need because I already did it :p

Mean Streets (Heroic) - No Items

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically same as before without upgrading the gatlings, get the 3 sparks down and continue the rest of the gatlings behind. Start upgrading the spark towers then get the next line of gatlings before putting more sparks down then simply wait till around 750 killed then call airstrike to finish up.

Also just redone Carnie after seeing Spocks video from subatomic forum so credit to him for this one.

Carnie (Heroic) - No Items

[​IMG]

You want to plant #1 right on them to kill them first round then next upgrade #2 both times. Plant the next 3 towers and upgrade them, once you have $60 place 6 & 7, and then after that 8 & 9 and finish by placing towers in remaining spots.